1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the Rocketfish iCapsule keyboard case (Rocketfish™ Advanced Series iCapsule Keyboard for Apple™ iPad™ : Rocketfish) for compatibility with the touchpad? There's both the question of bluetooth keyboard pairing/compatibility and whether the touchpad would fit in the ipad opening. As this is a rigid case, small differences in the size may matter more than with soft cases.

This case seems to be the closest to converting the tablet into something approaching a netbook.

Thanks,
    John
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i have my doubts that it would fit. i believe touchpad has a more rounded convex back compared to the ipad. the edges have a different curvature as well
    I actually have one of these for my iPad 1... it works great! I just got my TouchPad yesterday and it does fit in this case.. it is a little loose and the cable for charge does not line up but the headphone cable lines up, plus you can set it in portrait or landscape mode. The only thing I am trying to figure out is how to pair it because I don't know where I put the instructions!! Cheers.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by theedge103 View Post
    I actually have one of these for my iPad 1... it works great! I just got my TouchPad yesterday and it does fit in this case.. it is a little loose and the cable for charge does not line up but the headphone cable lines up, plus you can set it in portrait or landscape mode. The only thing I am trying to figure out is how to pair it because I don't know where I put the instructions!! Cheers.
    Pairing instructions are in the online quickstart guide, here Rocketfish™ Advanced Series iCapsule Keyboard for Apple™ iPad™ : Rocketfish.

Please let us know if it pairs/works with the keyboard. If so, here are a few more questions:
    1) Does the latch keep the touchpad in place, even if loose?
    2) Can you safely close the case with the touchpad inside?
    3) Do any of the iPad specific keys work with the touchpad?

Thanks,
    John
    works and fits great. Bought on craiglist for only 30 dollars. Well, not exactly great. I can't get the shift key to work right. I can't get the symbols to work above the numbers. Also there is no backspace key, only a delete key so if I misspell a word , I have to use the arrow keys and go back and then delete the character ahead of the curser. Anybody have any ideas/ see no question mark. Doesn't work bad and worth the 30 bucks
    Last edited by mikeiniowa; 02/29/2012 at 05:35 PM.