Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By bs03
  1.    #1  
    The lip at the bottom of the TS is so small that it makes real work on it impossible. Even w/o touching it the TP slips off. I currently have the standard cover on it. Are we supposed to take it off when using the TS?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I would try it without HP TouchPad Case.

Are you using the TP BT Keyboard or swiping with your fingers?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    never had this issue, have 3 touchstones
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    never had this issue, have 3 touchstones
    Again, do you use w/w/o covers?
    I never have this issue of slipping off my touchstone with the HP case on.
    I've had mine slip off before. That's why I just use the case to prop the pad up when working instead of trying to use the touchstone for that. It's highly unlikely I'll drain the battery that badly while using it so I don't mind.
    if you do it correctly, with the flap behind, the touchpad hooks ti the hinge part of the cover and it is rock solid. Thats's how it is intended.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    You can change the angle of the TS. Try tilting it a little more so it isn't so upright.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Another thing I have noticed with my TouchPad, it works much better in landscape mode and does slip off easily if sitting on its Touchstone with the case on sitting in the portrait position.
    Always slides down slightly at an angle on mine, when in Portrait. Which is a bit disappointing, it looks like it's stressing the case unnecessarily.. Not really sure how to solve.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I haven't had mine slip off, but it would work much better if the case opened the other way. Sometimes I just open the case and leave the cover laying in front of the Touchpad if it's not in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Sometimes I just open the case and leave the cover laying in front of the Touchpad if it's not in the way.
    The HP touchpad cover does have a manual, well a pictorial guide, and that is the way it shows how you are supposed to put the touchpad on the charger in order for it to charge. Putting the flap behind the touchpad and then on the charger it is likely to slip off, and probably why they didn't show that as the proper way to put it on the charger in landscape orientation.
    The manual does tell you to put the flap behind the touchpad and then put it on the charger. It works great in landscape, not so great in portrait.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Has anybody tried making a better support ledge/lip on the charger to hold the TP?

I've wondered about gluing some plastic channel or 'L' to support more width of the TP (for landscape charging) and provide a front lip to better hold the TP in place (to stabilize portrait charging)