1.    #1  
    Does the Touchstone for the TouchPad come with an AC charger (wallwart)? Or do you have to use the one that came with the TouchPad?

(I'm in the US, btw. It might be different in different countries.)

Also, does the Touchstone work if you plug it into the USB port on a computer? Or into a mobile 12v charger?
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    it comes with the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    ...Also, does the Touchstone work if you plug it into the USB port on a computer? Or into a mobile 12v charger?
    I think it will work, but not at 100% (i.e. you will get the "to reliably charge please use the charger and cable that came with this device" message), but it will charge.

To say it another way, if you use the wall wart that comes with the TouchStone, it will charge in 8 hours. If you plug it into you computer's USB port, it may take 15 hours...
    The touchpad will not charge if connected to a pc. The touchstone comes with another transformer that plugs into the ac circuit.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The Touchstone is powered by a 5v USB connection. It comes with the HP 2-amp USB charger, the same one that comes with the TouchPad. It would work ok with a 1-amp charger (AC or a car DC USB power supply). Less than that is probably not practical (like 500ma from a PC serial port). It's just not enough to charge the TouchPad battery in a reasonable time, or at all if the TouchPad is powered on.
    Just for giggles I plugged the touchstone into a 1A USB charger and it seems to charge though you get a warning. That said, there are 12V chargers which deliver 2A. Dealextreme has several for a decent price. Can't see why you'd rather do a touchstone in a car than a cord, but that's a different discussion.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just to clarify so no one blows up their touchpad or touchstone, you need a 5V 2.0A usb adapter.
    When they are saying 12V charger, I think they are actually referring to a car charger (since cars run on 12V). But yes, the actual voltage provided by the charger needs to be 5V.

Quote Originally Posted by twentysixtwo View Post
    That said, there are 12V chargers which deliver 2A. Dealextreme has several for a decent price.
    I bought a 1.5A charger from Meritline for my phone Touchstone, and it definitely did not provide 1.5A. If you do buy a 2A charger from Dealextreme, I would be very surprised if it actually provided 2A. Let us know how that goes.

I ended up solving the car charger problem with a small AC inverter hidden under the dash powering the Palm wall charger.
    Touchscreens are a fad.