Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pebacher
  1.    #1  
    The case feels so flimsy and I always feel like it is going to break when I use it as a stand. Has anyone broke or ripped their HP case when they used it as a stand?

I am thinking about buying separate stand for my touch pad. But that beats the point of having a case/stand.
    It's not just an HP thing. It's the same thickness as other case/stands I have seen for the IPad or Xoom. Probably the same manufacturer, just sold under different brands.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I had a HP case but due to it's flaws as a stand I sold it to a friend I don't really like. I ended up sticking with the Acase Transformer which at the time let me make a 5$ profit over the HP case(sold for 30, Acase was >25 shipped).
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    bought the HP Case, keyboard and touchstone. No issue, Love it, its solid, Just take care of your things.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    bought the HP Case, keyboard and touchstone. No issue, Love it, its solid, Just take care of your things.
    Working fine here as well. Don't understand the issues other folks are having with it. If you need something more rugged, like the Targus Truss I get that. But for normal use around the house I love this thing, thin and light, feels nice to the touch.
    I've been using my case as a stand consistently since day 1 -- no problems with it "failing".
    I use it with no problems at all.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The case must be used with the speakers down (camera on the left and home button on the right). When used this way it seems very stable to me. I have also found that it can hang off the edge of a desk/table or even pillow. See attached photo. I really like the case and find it more usable than my wife's iPad case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I had a HP case but due to it's flaws as a stand I sold it to a friend I don't really like. I ended up sticking with the Acase Transformer which at the time let me make a 5$ profit over the HP case(sold for 30, Acase was >25 shipped).
    At least the case fared better than your HP bluetooth keyboard, :O
    Mine's been flawless; using it right now. I normally use it in the lower position to make typing easy. *I used it in the more upright position on a flight to Chicago watching movies. *And I've hung it off the edge of a desk or pillow as mentioned by Pebacher. *I've been happy with the case. *And it works with the touchstone.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Why do I have those stars in my post?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I love the case and the way it stands. Perfect.
    HP Case is good.. centre of gravity is stable. Will flip/hinge into 'low lying' mode for lap-work too!

Pretty stupid not having any sort of cover-flap closing velcro/strap though!
    Been using the case for 2 months plus, no problems here in either orientation. Even used it in the standing position with the case sitting on the bed playing games, didn't fall over.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    The case must be used with the speakers down (camera on the left and home button on the right). When used this way it seems very stable to me. I have also found that it can hang off the edge of a desk/table or even pillow. See attached photo. I really like the case and find it more usable than my wife's iPad case.
    Now that's slick... I haven't thought of doing that.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    What I don't like is that the inside of the cover flap becomes the outside of the stand and picks up what ever crud is on the table. When closed, this then rubs against the screen.

It's elegant, but flawed.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Now that's slick... I haven't thought of doing that.
    ? You mean you used to put the TP in the HP case with the speaker outlets facing up and covered by the case? Surely not?

I've got no problems using my hp case as a stand. It works fine. No stress cracks around the folds either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryn View Post
    I've got no problems using my hp case as a stand. It works fine. No stress cracks around the folds either.
    same for me too. no problems yet, but i've only been using it for a week or so.

btw, that hanging over the desk position pic is surprisingly convenient. Thanks pebacher.