Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Please See Below..
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/26/2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Just what the thread title says. I finally broke down and bought one from eBay for $40 flat. It arrived today and I got it paired just fine. Now I'm thinking how's the best way to cart it around, if I ever decide to do so. I started searching "bluetooth keyboard case" on Google before looking around here. Didn't find a thread right away. (Did find the one thread that this works with PS3 - Score!) Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate thread. But any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
    So.. you got one, and it paired fine.. but you don't have one and are looking for one? which is it?
    I'm in search of a travel case for the keyboard.
  5.    #5  
    I have found Targus 11 inch padded Netbook shoulderstrap bag fits and carries both the TP + BT Keyboard snuggly.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    What do you mean by a case? It's built to be super robust and it is. I just smashed mine apart and it was one of the hardest keyboards to demolish I've ever hated. I guess if you're just looking for something classy try calling a local High School with a wood shop and commission a kid to make a sweet hardwood case or something. 20 bucks with school credit is a deal any kid would take, the alternative is just credit
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Thanks for the replies. I've never owned a laptop or portable keyboard like this before, so I don't even know if what I'm asking for, a case, is even a legitimate question!

I guess I'm just checking here to see what others who own the keyboard for their TouchPad do when they decide to take their keyboards around with them too. I usually pack my TouchPad, which is in a protective case, in a shoulder bag with my sketchbook and another things. But it's old and doesn't have padding like the Targus cases have now. So if there isn't a sleeve or case available for the TouchPad Keyboard, I guess I should invest in a new padded case to carry both along if I want that extra assurance that the keyboard will be fine traveling in a bag with other stuff in it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I've never owned a laptop or portable keyboard like this before, so I don't even know if what I'm asking for, a case, is even a legitimate question!

I guess I'm just checking here to see what others who own the keyboard for their TouchPad do when they decide to take their keyboards around with them too. I usually pack my TouchPad, which is in a protective case, in a shoulder bag with my sketchbook and another things. But it's old and doesn't have padding like the Targus cases have now. So if there isn't a sleeve or case available for the TouchPad Keyboard, I guess I should invest in a new padded case to carry both along if I want that extra assurance that the keyboard will be fine traveling in a bag with other stuff in it.
    Yeah.. the padded bag to stick the whole lot in is an OK solution. I put the keyboard in top (curly) edge downwards with the keys facing the wall of the bag and then the TP, in it's HP plastic case, slides snuggly in alongside (the underside) of the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    What do you mean by a case? It's built to be super robust and it is. I just smashed mine apart and it was one of the hardest keyboards to demolish I've ever hated.
    Dude, you got issues with keyboards don't you? Just how many have your destroyed!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I have found Targus 11 inch padded Netbook shoulderstrap bag fits and carries both the TP + BT Keyboard snuggly.
    Got a model or product number? All I could find was 10.2 inch bags.
    Cocoon case with grid-it works great. There's a thread here somewhere with pics

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Cocoon case with grid-it works great. There's a thread here somewhere with pics

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I think I found it.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...one-keybd.html

I've actually got a flight coming up, so the airport screening argument is timely. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    I think I found it.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...one-keybd.html

I've actually got a flight coming up, so the airport screening argument is timely. Thanks!
    NP. I've had my Cocoon case since a week after getting my TouchPad. I use it everyday for carrying TP, keyboard and chargers to work and back. Now I need to get one for my wife, but I wish they had more color choices.
    I see pandas.
    fred999 likes this.
    i am in the same boat. any good case that can accommodate the touchpad and keyboard together? i have both the hp and apple keyboard.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Dude, you got issues with keyboards don't you? Just how many have your destroyed!?

Got a model or product number? All I could find was 10.2 inch bags.
    Try this:

Targus CityGear SlimLite™ 11"
    Model:TSS087AU.

Targus | TSS087AU – CityGear SlimLite™ 11"

I hope it isn't only available in Aus!

~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Try this:

Targus CityGear SlimLite™ 11"
    Model:TSS087AU.

Targus*|*TSS087AU*–*CityGear SlimLite™ 11"

I hope it isn't only available in Aus!

~~
    The bag seen in the link above is known in the US as the Targus Spruce Ecosmart Mini Messenger bag. It's on amazon for $29.24 (Amazon.com: Targus Spruce EcoSmart Mini Messenger Case for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi + 3G, iPad 2, Motorola Xoom TBM022US (Black with Green Accents): Electronics) right now. I was actually considering it before I picked up the STM Jacket (Amazon.com: STM Jacket for iPad (dp-2139-3): Electronics).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ytkster View Post
    The bag seen in the link above is known in the US as the Targus Spruce Ecosmart Mini Messenger bag. It's on amazon for $29.24 (Amazon.com: Targus Spruce EcoSmart Mini Messenger Case for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi + 3G, iPad 2, Motorola Xoom TBM022US (Black with Green Accents): Electronics) right now. I was actually considering it before I picked up the STM Jacket (Amazon.com: STM Jacket for iPad (dp-2139-3): Electronics).
    No.. the 'Ecosmart' is a different bag unfortunately!
    It is listed as available in sizes: 9.7 - 10.2 - 15.6 inches etc.
    But there is no 11 inch version listed.. which was the whole point, so that the BT Keyboard would actually fit in there too!
    The actual TP fits beautifully into a 10.2 inch bag.. but NOT so the keyboard! Believe me.. I tried!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/28/2011 at 10:25 PM.
    A problem with the keyboard is that if the touchpad is on, pressing a button automatically turns it on and gets them linked .. so carrying the keyboard around with you is a bit iffy. I suppose one could flip the switch on the bottom though, but then we have to go through the pairing thing again .. meh.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    A problem with the keyboard is that if the touchpad is on, pressing a button automatically turns it on and gets them linked .. so carrying the keyboard around with you is a bit iffy. I suppose one could flip the switch on the bottom though, but then we have to go through the pairing thing again .. meh.
    I'd suggest flipping it off via the switch on the bottom. On mine, it pairing it back up from being switched off is essentially the same as same as pairing back up from the keyboard going into sleep mode, not a big deal. I have to pull the batteries to fully pair again.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Wenger (the Swiss Army Knife folk) sell a two compartment sleeve that I use. One side is padded and holds the TP very well. The other is not padded and the keyboard slips in fine. Both sides have zippers. I got it at Staples off the rack of computer bags. It does not show up on the Staples website, however.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am 100% satisfied with this case by Philips (bought at Tar get cheap.)

Works great with or without the easel case.

Philips - Padded easel case for iPad - DLN1720/17 - iPad accessories - Notebook and iPad accessories - PC products and phones

Its worth a look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast