Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I smashed it with rage and joy! Key are everywhere, I wish it had blood so I could watch it die slowly and subsist off it's suffering for a few bliss filled minutes! Sweet sweet catharsis. Will every bluetooth keyboard do this annoying thing where holding shift causes capslock to turn on and holding delete turns on full word delete(***, you have to hold delete more to turn it off?!). Since I write for hours each day I hold the shift key while I think(a lot of writers do) then the whole sentence is in caps, I get to delete the sentence, misspell one long word, tap delete four times in the hopes of going back four letters and watch four words disappear. Then I get to scream and scare children, this keyboard is bad for Americas youth. I realize I could just change my habits or make a patch but right now work is busy enough that it wouldn't be prudent.

God I'm happy it's dead, so will every bluetooth keyboard do that? It seems like it's a side effect of the vkeyboard so I worry it will do it with everything. I've become too soft to lug my laptop around again
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    ummm...if you ever decide to commit touchpad or touchstone homicide send it to me first...poor keyboard....you know there are some webOS stress relief apps.. Or..since our touchpad is all powerful...you can torture the fish... Boneland.com - Stress Relief Aquarium: Classic - Humor, stress relief and funny cartoons in flash animation with jokes, games, downloads, music and comics; media that will make teens and college students laugh, office workers relax and old people gru
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Lol I got the keyboard with the money I got back from the firesale and I've used it all of twice

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Will every bluetooth keyboard do this annoying thing where holding shift causes capslock to turn on and holding delete turns on full word delete(***, you have to hold delete more to turn it off?!). Since I write for hours each day I hold the shift key while I think(a lot of writers do) then the whole sentence is in caps, I get to delete the sentence, misspell one long word, tap delete four times in the hopes of going back four letters and watch four words disappear. Then I get to scream and scare children, this keyboard is bad for Americas youth. I realize I could just change my habits or make a patch but right now work is busy enough that it wouldn't be prudent.

God I'm happy it's dead, so will every bluetooth keyboard do that? It seems like it's a side effect of the vkeyboard so I worry it will do it with everything. I've become too soft to lug my laptop around again
    Well, I'd suggest asking some folks who have more standard keyboards like the Microsoft 6000 and see how it works with those keyboards. The real question I think is, does it have anything to do with the keyboard or is WebOS the problem like with lack of cut & paste support from the keyboard? If it's WebOS then you just destroyed something that wasn't to blame and need not only a vendor fix or patch but another keyboard as well. Explore some better coping techniques,
    As far as I'm aware that's to do with how webOS handles any BT keyboard.
    Yup. Probably a patch could change the behavior more to your liking, but hey, you want to smash a keyboard, not my place to judge.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    pics?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I think the memory of that cathartic moment was worth the 25$ I paid for the keyboard, and further research shows that foolish stickybutton feature is a function of webos so every keyboard should have that hitch except ones in a chroot with their own drivers. No pics unfortunately, so it probably didn't really happen(like Waterloo) but if it did I may have exaggerated the impulsiveness of the situation. I've been planning that things demise since I learned the card button didn't do anything but but show me the time.

Is there really an app where you just torture a fish? That's pretty messed up, it's animated and not a webcam to a real fish with electrodes, right? That would be megabrutal.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    The caps lock, backspace => delete everything u wrote, no undo issue really is ridiculous. I totally get your frustration.

Lol, u wish it had blood in it. Haha

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I didn't realise if you hold down the power key on the BT Keyboard, eventually you will get a pop up on your TP to shut down your device. Cool!
    johnnyfever likes this.

Is there really an app where you just torture a fish? That's pretty messed up, it's animated and not a webcam to a real fish with electrodes, right? That would be megabrutal.
    The link I posted above to boneland.com. You have to make the fishtank full screen by double tapping. The first couple of options like shocking you have to press and hold, but it does work on the touchpad. The last one, depth charge, you'd probably really enjoy, you only have to press it once.

I used to break things, but then I'd get even madder when I had to clean it up. The most I do now is slam a door or something.

Edit: you might like alcohol and ammo too: http://www.boneland.com/toys/aaa/index.html
    Book of Spells: http://www.boneland.com/toys/bos/index.html
    Crash test: http://www.boneland.com/toys/ctd2/index.html Circles choose angle, arrows choose what you crash into, red circle starts the crash, square starts it over.

These are OLD..I mean like 10 years plus old...but I always liked them.
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 09/26/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    I didn't realise if you hold down the power key on the BT Keyboard, eventually you will get a pop up on your TP to shut down your device. Cool!
    How's that cool? You still have to poke the screen and hold the keyboard button longer than you'd have to hold the power button which is right next to the button you'll have to press anyways on the screen. Could have been cool if arrows let me select shutdown and enter let me hit it, but they gave up. It's these half built, poorly thought through options that I mainly found to be a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The link I posted above to boneland.com. You have to make the fishtank full screen by double tapping. The first couple of options like shocking you have to press and hold, but it does work on the touchpad. The last one, depth charge, you'd probably really enjoy, you only have to press it once.

I used to break things, but then I'd get even madder when I had to clean it up. The most I do now is slam a door or something.

Edit: you might like alcohol and ammo too: Boneland.com - Alcohold and Ammo - Humor, stress relief and funny cartoons in flash animation with jokes, games, downloads, music and comics; media that will make teens and college students laugh, office workers relax and old people grumble...
    Book of Spells: Boneland.com - Book of Spells - Humor, stress relief and funny cartoons in flash animation with jokes, games, downloads, music and comics; media that will make teens and college students laugh, office workers relax and old people grumble...
    Crash test: Boneland.com - Crash Test *******: Overkill! - Humor, stress relief and funny cartoons in flash animation with jokes, games, downloads, music and comics; media that will make teens and college students laugh, office workers relax and old people grumb Circles choose angle, arrows choose what you crash into, red circle starts the crash, square starts it over.

These are OLD..I mean like 10 years plus old...but I always liked them.
    Lol, I think I remember the fish thing though from like 7th or 8th grade. Did it used to be on the same site that had the blues clues satire where blues clues led him to the vet to be fixed, or satan to rule the world?
    That's Hilarious!

What will finally make me happy with my BT HP KB is if it acted as a more full 'remote control'.. how about holding 'Card Key' down whilst being able to swipe cards left right and UP (to bin them!) on the 'Arrow Keys'?

YES!

Then I'd think at least three times before killing the little b*stard!

I smashed it with rage and joy! Key are everywhere, I wish it had blood so I could watch it die slowly and subsist off it's suffering for a few bliss filled minutes! Sweet sweet catharsis. Will every bluetooth keyboard do this annoying thing where holding shift causes capslock to turn on and holding delete turns on full word delete(***, you have to hold delete more to turn it off?!). Since I write for hours each day I hold the shift key while I think(a lot of writers do) then the whole sentence is in caps, I get to delete the sentence, misspell one long word, tap delete four times in the hopes of going back four letters and watch four words disappear. Then I get to scream and scare children, this keyboard is bad for Americas youth. I realize I could just change my habits or make a patch but right now work is busy enough that it wouldn't be prudent.

How much to send me the corpse? You probably tossed it by now but thought I might could use it to customize mine,
    ....other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
    bable likes this.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    How much to send me the corpse? You probably tossed it by now but thought I might could use it to customize mine,
    The problem with living with a lady is that whenever you murder things in the living room you have to clean it up really well What kind of customization were you thinking?

And Trlsmn, that was just wonderful.
    FWIW....if you would have looked hard enough, you would have found your solution to your CAPS LOCK issue, and still had a keyboard. See post #58

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-thread-3.html

By the way, my REWIND key has fallen off, still got yours?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    SWEET! So I'll admit that after smashing mine apart I still commandeered my girlfriends HP KB, that HP double discount if in cart thing rocked for people too lazy to ever empty their carts
    This is pimp, for anyone else who came here to share in my catharsis sledge007 gave us the facts, which he cunningly hid it in the recommended reading!

"Sometimes you can get your CAPS LOCK button stuck, (which also causes entire words to be deleted with the DELETE button), and simply pressing it doesn't shut it off. Press SHIFT + CAPS LOCK, problem solved."

It seems caps+shift is the full toggle for capslock+word delete and my shift theory was totally bunk. I guess there had to be a downside someday to having thick fingers... Thanks again sledge! Lamentably, every piece has been disposed of or eaten by the cat.
    sledge007 likes this.
    The problem with living with a lady is that whenever you murder things in the living room you have to clean it up really well What kind of customization were you thinking?
    Was really thinking of custom keys, like the red escape keys, colored WASD keys, etc some of us geeks decorate our nicer 'boards with. Maybe kinda silly for this type of keyboard, but hey I'm a geek I don't deny i.
    I posted that tip well over a month ago. It pays to Search, that's all I gotta say
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast