Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I have it laying speaker side down... how do i tell if its charging. its in a dead state right now.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  2. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #2  
    Just set it on in landscape with the webcam up or portrait with the speakers down. It will turn on after a bit and the battery indicator will show as charging.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  3. #3  
    Its easier with the device on. Speaker side down or home button down centered on the charger. It will notify you that its charging.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Just set it on in landscape with the webcam up or portrait with the speakers down. It will turn on after a bit and the battery indicator will show as charging.
    so it takes a while to turn on if its dead or is this always the case with the touchstone?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  5. #5  


    so it takes a while to turn on if its dead or is this always the case with the touchstone?
    Takes a while to turn on. Just leave it and come back later.




    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by vasekvi; 09/24/2011 at 10:08 PM.
  6.    #6  
    half the time my touchpad doesnt charge when plugged in it seems. kind of concerned with shipping it back thinking they might void my warranty.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  7. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #7  
    Why would your warranty be voided?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  8. #8  
    If you have the TP switched on when you place it on the charger in less than a second you should see a "charging" message slide out on the notification bar at the top of the screen. The TP needs to be in the correct orientation as said above and pretty much centered on the charger. Too far off to the side and it won't charge.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    If you have the TP switched on when you place it on the charger in less than a second you should see a "charging" message slide out on the notification bar at the top of the screen. The TP needs to be in the correct orientation as said above and pretty much centered on the charger. Too far off to the side and it won't charge.
    You will also see a little yellow lightening bolt in the battery icon in the upper right hand corner when it's charging.

    Do you have your Touchpad in a HP case? I've discovered that I can only charge the Touchpad in the portfolio position and only one landscape position--when the cover flap is hanging down at the bottom of the Touchpad. When the cover flap is at the top and hanging behind the Touchpad, it doesn't want to charge.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    I have it laying speaker side down... how do i tell if its charging. its in a dead state right now.
    "Dead" as in "the battery's dead?" Try charging it with the charger that came with it - it's automatic, and you won't need to worry about whether it's charging or not. Once it's charged, whenever you place it correctly on the Touchstone, it should charge - as stated above, it works in either portrait or landscape (speakers down) mode, and even though I have mine in an HP case, it charges fine, even with the cover folded around over the back. Whether it's on or off, when I place my 32 Gb TP on the TS, it sounds the 'charging' note and the screen wakes up momentarily, then moves over to Exhibition. Haven't had any problems with the Touchstone at all.

Posting Permissions