1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried using the HP Bluetooth Keyboard (for the TouchPad) on the Pre 3? I'm curious if it would work..
    That would be awesome, if I could get my hands on a pre3.
    The TouchPad BT-Keyboard works fine with my Pre3, you but need to pair it manually. Even then it just works like a regular keyboard, the webos-specific function keys do nothing.

To pair it you have to:

1) Turn on the HP TouchPad Keyboard (Power button is a slider on the end of the battery compartment)

2) If you have an HP TouchPad paired with the Keyboard, disable Bluetooth on the TouchPad

3) Enable Bluetooth on the phone and scan for devices

4) Your phone should prompt you to enter a code. Type 0000 and attempt to pair with the keyboard

5) Immediately after step 4 (while it is trying to pair), press 0000 <enter> on the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
    The TouchPad BT-Keyboard works fine with my Pre3, you but need to pair it manually. Even then it just works like a regular keyboard, the webos-specific function keys do nothing.

To pair it you have to:

1) Turn on the HP TouchPad Keyboard (Power button is a slider on the end of the battery compartment)

2) If you have an HP TouchPad paired with the Keyboard, disable Bluetooth on the TouchPad

3) Enable Bluetooth on the phone and scan for devices

4) Your phone should prompt you to enter a code. Type 0000 and attempt to pair with the keyboard

5) Immediately after step 4 (while it is trying to pair), press 0000 <enter> on the keyboard.
    just wanted to say thanks for this post. I paired the BT HP keyboard with my Pre 3 and quickly typed some memos I had on my Pre-. I didn't want to go through the profile change and just needed to get a few things on my Pre3.

Using the touchpad bluetooth keyboard worked great and the pairing was quick with the step in the above post.