Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just got my case this week. Really a must have for the touchpad. It's very form fitting and protects all the buttons.

At first i was scrambling to find a Touchstone for cheap, but I realized i don't even need the that anymore because of how useful the case is. It stands up nicely in the case and i just leave it plugged in and use it in the upright position like that. It's surprisingly sturdy using the case as a stand.

If you can get the case below the retail cost at $20 or less, then it's definitely worth it. Not exactly sure what it's going for now though.
    Cantaffordit and fxspec06 like this.
    Its $25 on Amazon. And yes it's definitely worth it. I'm using it right now to prop-up my touchpad as I take notes in class (we're on a break haha).

I have a touchstone as well... And THAT is the coolest accessory I have for my touchpad. It sits on my bedside table.

Edit: My only complaint with the HP folio case is that there is no way to secure the cover closed. Has anyone developed a method for this?
    +1 I got mine this week. I only ordered 1 and paid $13 for it. The wife said she didnt want one. After mine came in, I had to order another one for her at a much higher $25 price. It is worth that though.
    where are you guys getting them so cheap? when i go to the hp site they have em listed for $53.99.
    Its very nice. Unfort, it doesn't stand up too well to hand grease, dings, scratches or general tumble.
    I actually have the HP case, but I replaced it with another because it is honestly much better:

Targus Truss THZ07202US Carrying Case for 9.7" Tablet PC - Black, Gray - THZ07202US - Coolers - TARGUS Coolers - TheNerds.net

It is a little heavier, but it is leather instead of rubber, protects it better, is able to be held closed and the ridges to allow for it to stand up are far superior to the HP version. It isn't the nice sleak thin look the HP case gives you, I'll grant you that, but it is better in every other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by wydileie View Post
    I actually have the HP case, but I replaced it with another because it is honestly much better:

Targus Truss THZ07202US Carrying Case for 9.7" Tablet PC - Black, Gray - THZ07202US - Coolers - TARGUS Coolers - TheNerds.net

It is a little heavier, but it is leather instead of rubber, protects it better, is able to be held closed and the ridges to allow for it to stand up are far superior to the HP version. It isn't the nice sleak thin look the HP case gives you, I'll grant you that, but it is better in every other way.
    can you charge with the touchstone with this?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    i already have a hard case, but it is a zip unit and the touchpad is used outside of the case. need the hp case to keep the profile as slim as possible so it fits in the hard case.
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    Its $25 on Amazon. And yes it's definitely worth it.

I have a touchstone as well... And THAT is the coolest accessory I have for my touchpad. It sits on my bedside table.

Edit: My only complaint with the HP folio case is that there is no way to secure the cover closed. Has anyone developed a method for this?
    Yes, I agree!
    I got my Folio Case about 3 or 4 days after buying my "PalmPad" and love it but you right, the TouchStone is the coolest
    Folio Case $19.99 + tax and the TouchStone $39.99 + tax at Office Depot
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I'm not sure. I didn't buy a Touchstone. Based on the way the Touchpad is used with it compared to the HP case, I would venture a guess to say it probably wouldn't work with one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wydileie View Post

I have both cases. The Truss does offer better protection but for around the house nothing beats the minimalistic flexibility of the HP case.
    I much prefer the ACase leather case: Amazon.com: Acase(TM) HP TouchPad High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (Black): Electronics

The tabs hold it in nicely and it is a bit lighter weight than the roocase.
  13.    #13  
    There's probably two camps of people buying cases.

The HP folio case is for those that want something minimal, low footprint, but still protects decently well. Basically like a thick skin for the touchpad that still allows you to stand it up firmly in a few different positions.

For someone who's on the go or putting their touchpad in more places for abuse you may want something a tad bit thicker and durable. Probably where those other options linked above might be worth looking into.
    UCLAKoolman likes this.
    Came with my QVC order with the Touchstone dock too. Really like it.
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sparced View Post
    Just got my case this week. Really a must have for the touchpad. It's very form fitting and protects all the buttons.

At first i was scrambling to find a Touchstone for cheap, but I realized i don't even need the that anymore because of how useful the case is. It stands up nicely in the case and i just leave it plugged in and use it in the upright position like that. It's surprisingly sturdy using the case as a stand.

If you can get the case below the retail cost at $20 or less, then it's definitely worth it. Not exactly sure what it's going for now though.
    I love the folio case as well, and I definitely recommend it. Last time I checked HP was selling them for $20 on their site.

As far as the Touchstone goes, if you can get one, GET IT!!!
    Trust me, you'll love it. I got mine with a bundle from QVC, but didn't use it for like a week. Once I did, I didn't go back. You don't even have to to take it out the case, just sit it on the Touchstone & let it do it's magic. Trust me, it's worth getting.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
    where are you guys getting them so cheap? when i go to the hp site they have em listed for $53.99.
    $19.99 on the HP website right now... must have dropped the price since i last checked

TouchPad and Tablet PC | HP® Official Store

might have to buy more than one or add another accessory to get free shipping
    Last edited by sparced; 09/22/2011 at 11:25 PM.
    Pvster likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    yes. It works for me. The case is a bit bulky but it will fit on the touchstone. For those of you who don't have a touchstone, get one. You won't regret it

-m
    $19.99 on the HP website right now... must have dropped the price since i last checked

TouchPad and Tablet PC | HP® Official Store

might have to buy more than one to get free shipping
    very cool, thanks! ordered two and shipping was a tad over $5.00. more than worth the price. many thanks!
    The HP folio case is for those that want something minimal, low footprint, but still protects decently well. Basically like a thick skin for the touchpad that still allows you to stand it up firmly in a few different positions.
    I'm definitely in this camp and am glad I got an HP Folio case. As great as it is, a few things annoy me that perhaps someone has a solution for:

1) Flap doesn't stay in place closed or open, you have to hold it a certain way. Oddly you can clip it into "stand" mode but not when flat. The easy fix is to flip the Touchpad around to let the back flap hang off the back, out of the way. But doing this puts the on/off button under your right palm, easy to accidentally press. If the Touchpad sat in the case the other way (upside-down) it'd be perfect, allowing the flap to hang naturally.
    2) After about a month the front flap sags a bit, almost collapsing while it sits on the touchstone. It's purely cosmetic but once again, if the case was actually upside down gravity would fix the problem. Shame that the button holes force us to install in the bad direction!
    3) It also leaves two light "rub" lines on the glass that match the grooves on the cover. Thankfully, they come off as easy as fingerprints. Very minor issue.

Wow, that was long but I was trying to explain it the best I could. Anyway, despite all that I still enjoy it. No big unsightly tabs, the buttons are a good feel and it's sleek. One small design change and it would have been near perfect
    sparced,

Hi, I hope yours would not get warp around the buttons and cut-outs for the headphones, USB connections.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...g-already.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast