Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just received my HP Bt keyboard and it works fine.

However I noticed one (actually two) annoyance.

There are two chicklet keys that are not aligned. So when I press it, it makes this annoying squeaking sound. The keys are being pressed fine, it just does this annoying sound.

Those keys are the notification and just type keys (upper corner left, and the key beside it)

Is there a remedy for this one? Like remove the keys completely and attach it again?

Thanks!

EDIT: I wish I could just ignore it. But I'm one of those people who hear those kinds of sound (like scratching the blackboard) gives me the goose bumps. I actually ignored the glass separation issue. This I can't, gives me the goose bumps everytime I hit those keys.

EDIT #2:
    ADDITIONAL INFO:

I thought it was just the last 2 keys of the top row. I was wrong, it is the whole TOP row. But the others doesn't sound as bad as those two in the left corner.
    Last edited by keplenk; 09/21/2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Oh well, I called them anyway and they said that the bluetooth keyboard is out of stock and they can't replace mine ATM. They offered me a full refund. I guess I'll stick with this squeaking noise until there is stock available.
    Hey, I just got my keyboard today and it's almost exactly the same as you described it. The top left two keys are squicky as hell because it seems to be rubbing with the lower frame of the keyboard. However, the other keys on the top row aren't squicky. So what I tried to do was swap one key that wasn't squicky, with a key thats squicky. I found out that it's not the keyboard itself, but due to inconsistent construction of the keys.

It's been annoying me also. Trying to see if I can return it to the store i bought it from.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Did you just pull out the keys are replace it with the other keys? Is it easy to do?

Thanks!
    Yes I did, you just had to get something flat to go under the key and pop it out. The keys uses the same mechanism as laptop keyboards do.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Just an update. I called HP 2 days ago (monday) and told them about the squeaky sound. They replaced it. I had to send the defective one (monday also) and I already got the replacement today. That was freaking fast.

Anyway, the squeaky sound is gone! So I suggest you have it replaced while they still have stocks.