1.    #1  
    I know... Its a tablet and the idea is to be portable. But the keyboard makes it easier for even a non-touch typist like me to post to Boards like this one and to compose emails without the constant re-typing that it was $25 really well spent. Now, if I can only find a TouchStone... :-)
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Touchstones are about 30$ on amazon and hp. I'm still debating if mine was worth it though, the plug isn't that much hassle and still needed to transfer files...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Touchstones are about 30$ on amazon and hp. I'm still debating if mine was worth it though, the plug isn't that much hassle and still needed to transfer files...
    Good points, but I am attracted to the idea of using the TP in exhibition mode with a clock, a news feed, and maybe the weather displayed. Completely impractical. My biggest driver... the fear that the accessories will be gone soon.
    I like the keyboard for emailing but there are some things are do bother me:
    - there's no true "Delete" key. HP for whatever reason has renamed "Backspace" as "Delete" but the real Delete key is not there. I use Delete all the time on my PC!
    - You can't switch from card to card like the dedicated Card button my suggest. The only thing it does is minimize cards but would like an Alt-Tab-like functionality.
    - When keyboard is connected, it automatically disables the virtual keyboard. Then when you get up and go to another area of the house and try to use TP without keyboard, the virtual keyboard won't popup until you manually disconnect the keyboard. Can this be remedied?
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I like the keyboard for emailing but there are some things are do bother me:
    - there's no true "Delete" key. HP for whatever reason has renamed "Backspace" as "Delete" but the real Delete key is not there. I use Delete all the time on my PC!
    - You can't switch from card to card like the dedicated Card button my suggest. The only thing it does is minimize cards but would like an Alt-Tab-like functionality.
    - When keyboard is connected, it automatically disables the virtual keyboard. Then when you get up and go to another area of the house and try to use TP without keyboard, the virtual keyboard won't popup until you manually disconnect the keyboard. Can this be remedied?
    Yes, switch off the BT keyboard with the switch in back. Or, wait a bit.
    Or press the virtual keyboard key on the keyboard.

That'll bring up the virtual keyboard and it'll work as if the BT keyboard wasn't connected.

I hate that it's labeled Delete and Return instead of Backspace and Enter, but that's it. The actual lack of a delete key doesn't bother me that much because I rarely use it on my PC.