1.    #1  
    So I have read the article that mentions the built in USB host support for the touchpad:

HP TouchPad already has USB host support; webOS 2.2 prepped for SD cards [video] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

It seems to hint to the fact that we may be able to use this to transfer files from a SD card. The problem is that everyone who talks about it seems to say that is is theoretically possible. Has anyone actually hooked an SD card reader up to the touchpad's micro USB port and seen if it works? I am a photographer and would love to be able to transfer files from my camera card to my touchpad on the fly so that I can review them on that gorgeous screen. I would test it myself but I don't have the proper connectors and would rather not buy them unless I know they work.
    If this is a question of waiting for some kind of patch, is there anyone working on that at the moment, and if so where can I find more info on this?
    it isn't possible at the present time
  3.    #3  
    What is the issue? is someone working on it?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    It's very possible, search for usb host and I'll throw up a list here.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I've done it myself, transferred files, even opened them from the SD card and streamed them.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3167336
    I bought a 2 micro USB to USB Female Cable USB-OTG cable off eBay. It'll arrive soon and I can report back when it does, but I'm pretty sure it does work.

Phones, iPads, etc all work like that and I look forward to the ability to transfer stuff from USB sticks and memory cards etc
    Did you use a active USB hub or did it work without? Its not "portable" anymore if you need an active hub (with its own powersupply).
    I tried without and I see the usb events in the log, but the thumbdrives dont work as they dont get any power.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Did you use a active USB hub or did it work without? Its not "portable" anymore if you need an active hub (with its own powersupply).
    I tried without and I see the usb events in the log, but the thumbdrives dont work as they dont get any power.
    A powered USB hub works if it powers the upstream as well, Kensington and few other companies make options but they can be rare. I put together a brief guide that uses a battery pack, I'm loving it for use on airplanes/coffee shops/photography trips.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ide-power.html
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"