1.    #1  
    Verizon just sent me a replacement Pre 2 for my Pre Plus. I don't want to test this out and possibly damage the phone. Is the Pre Plus back cover designed to fit on the back of the Pre 2?
    In Spanish, webos means balls. One more reason to love your Palm.

Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus from January 2010 - September 2011
    yes, they are the exact same part number. I own both models.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Chocolate Salty Balls View Post
    Verizon just sent me a replacement Pre 2 for my Pre Plus. I don't want to test this out and possibly damage the phone. Is the Pre Plus back cover designed to fit on the back of the Pre 2?
    They are replacing pre plus's with pre 2's for free? WHAT?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    They are replacing pre plus's with pre 2's for free? WHAT?
    I cannot confirm nor deny that across the board they are doing this, but I did get my Pre 2 for free and without using my New-Every-Two, as a replacement for my Pre Plus.

In short, a month ago they replaced my 3rd Pre Plus for keyboard issues (I owned this one for about 15 months). The 4th Pre Plus was having freezing issues. I called tech support to troubleshoot it and possibly get yet another replacement. After troubleshooting they told me they would just send me a Pre 2 instead.

I have extended warranty on Verizon, which is $3 a month. For those familiar, this is not the same as Asurion insurance. It's the less expensive option.
    In Spanish, webos means balls. One more reason to love your Palm.

Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus from January 2010 - September 2011
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Nice.. Good for verizon Users.
    They're probably doing it to help clear out Pre2 stock. Either that, or they ran out of Pre+ stock.
    Yes, the back covers for the Pre, Pre Plus, and Pre 2 are identical.
    Last edited by pecuevasb; 11/22/2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Yes, replacing a Pre+ with a Pre2 is great. But one question, I assume with your Pre+ you had the free mobile Hotspot. Is it still free with the Pre2? I was told (or read) when upgrading from Pre+ to Pre2, the free mobile Hotspot is no longer free. One reason I am sticking with my Pre+.

Mike