Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    So i was shopping at Menards tonight for some doors and i ran across a really cool looking BT keyboard that also doubles as a case for a tablet. As the thread title implies its made for an Ipad/Ipad2, but since i had luck before with a case made for the ipad. The love the feel of the keys (rubbery) and i also love the fact that it acts as a stand/keyboard/case all-in-one. Also it was on sale for 29.99 so i took a chance. I read all the threads i could find about pairing non-Webos keyboards that say to enter in (any) four digit code onto both devices. Ive tried everything i can think of, but nothing works. It just says "pairing failed". I really want this to work cause i love the functionality of it, but obviously if i cant get it to pair, its of no use to me. Anyone that has any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated. Its driving me crazy that i cant use this kick @.. case.
    I got it to work. Make sure you press enter on the Bluetooth keyboard after you enter the pairing code. I just used 1234. The keyboard is OK, not great. It misses key presses a lot, especially the space bar.

-Marc
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhenkel View Post
    I got it to work. Make sure you press enter on the Bluetooth keyboard after you enter the pairing code. I just used 1234.
    I tried that (more than ten times lol) and it still says "pairing failed" So unless I'm doing something obviously wrong, mine just won't work.

Just to make sure...... You turned on the bt keyboard, put it into pairing mode, (making the blue light blink), then searched for keyboards in the bt preferences on the touchpad, tapped on the "T6062" , then the box asking for the code pops up, entered in "1234" , and while it was still "pairing" enter 1234 and ENTER on the keyboard........ Immediately after I press enter it says "pairing failed"
    Yes, but now I am not sure which one I did first, the 1234 on the Touchpad or the 1234 and enter on the keyboard?!? Sorry, maybe try it both ways?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I tried it both ways, multiple times, and still no luck. I appreciate the help though ..... Anyone else have any suggestions?
    OK, I deleted the pairing and did it again, paying more attention to the exact steps.

1) Turn on bluetooth on the touchpad
    2) Turn on the T6062 keyboard
    3) On the TP, select add device and make sure the type is set to keyboard
    4) Press the connect button on the T6062
    5) Once the TP recognizes the keyboard, enter 1234 for the code and press Next
    6) On the T6062, type 1234 and press Enter. Make sure you press firmly on the T6062. My keypad is not terribly sensitive.

The TP should add the T6062 to the list of devices and the T6062 should begin sending keystrokes to the TP.

Best of luck!
    -Marc
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhenkel View Post
    OK, I deleted the pairing and did it again, paying more attention to the exact steps.

1) Turn on bluetooth on the touchpad
    2) Turn on the T6062 keyboard
    3) On the TP, select add device and make sure the type is set to keyboard
    4) Press the connect button on the T6062
    5) Once the TP recognizes the keyboard, enter 1234 for the code and press Next
    6) On the T6062, type 1234 and press Enter. Make sure you press firmly on the T6062. My keypad is not terribly sensitive.

The TP should add the T6062 to the list of devices and the T6062 should begin sending keystrokes to the TP.

Best of luck!
    -Marc
    I was pretty sure I had done it that way before when I was following the suggestions from the other Bluetooth keyboard thread, but I started all over and followed your directions perfectly, and still no luck. I know its "talking" to the TP cause as Soon as I hit "enter"' it says "pairing failed". So unless there's another way to get it to pair that I'm unaware of, I'm out of luck. I am very curious as to why yours works and mine doesn't . If anyone else has one of these keyboards PLEASE chime in.
    I followed all of the above instructions. While the Ipad is pairing up with the keyboard - you need to touch the model number for the keyboard. A message should appear with you 4 digit pairing code. Type that number on the keyboard and press enter. If it works it should say connected.
    Bought one when they had the sale. Half a dozen keys on the keyboard were intermittent. Sometimes they all worked, sometimes none of them worked.

Went back to Menards and exchanged it. New one has the same problem. Handful of intermittent keys. Different keys this time, but otherwise the same.

I wonder how many I'll have to go through before I find the one that works :-(
    Finally found this discussion. I am trying to fix my sister's touchpad. Bluetooth wasn't working earlier. Now it does. Thank goodness.