Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just received my Black Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case from iShoppingDeals on Amazon. I was able to grab one when they were $9.99, but that was about 20 hours before someone posted it on SlickDeals. After the "SD Effect" they have slowly been increasing in price and are constantly out of stock.

Link: Amazon.com: iShoppingdeals - Black Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case + Anti-Glare Anti-Fingerprint Matte Finishing Screen Protector for HP TouchPad WiFi 16GB 32GB 9.7 Inch Tablet: Electronics

I have to say I am very impressed with this case.

Firstly the case fits like a glove, with no slack at all. This is one thing I was very nervous about after reading some of the reviews claiming that some of their other tablet silicone cases were too loose. Thankfully it fits amazingly well on the TouchPad.

Secondly this case IS a TouchPad case, not a repackaged iPad or generic tablet case. This thing was custom molded for the TouchPad. It features rubber "buttons" on the Power and Volume buttons and holes cut out for the USB cable, headphone jack, microphone, and most importantly the speakers. That's right no muffled sound that people were worried about. It even has a hole cut out for that useless pop out tab that has the device serial number on it, maybe they wanted to be ready for the rumored 3G card.

The next thing is the grip and feel of the case. This case has amazing grip, seriously you would have to TRY to drop your TouchPad while holding it with this case. I can put the TouchPad flat on my hand and tilt it to about a 50-55 degree angle before it starts to slide off. It also covers every part of the TouchPad except the screen and the bezel, which allows you to still use the bezel swipe gestures. I am no longer afraid to touch my TouchPad.

The one area where the case might not win an award is fall protection. It may save you some scratches from a minor fall but I feel like any major fall would be too much for it. That's not to say that the case isn't a decent thickness, which it is. I could be wrong though, I just don't want to risk my TouchPad to find out.

On Monday when I receive my TouchStone Charging Dock I will test whether or not it works with this case.

One last thing, this deal also includes 2 screen protectors. I was able to install the screen protector with very little difficulty and I have no air bubbles or dust stuck underneath either. It has a "matte finish" which eliminates glare and fingerprints. I can attest that it is capable of doing both of those tasks quite well with no effect on the image quality of the screen. Like I said, I am no longer afraid to touch my TouchPad.

I for one am very very satisfied with my purchase and now I am worried that my girlfriend will be jealous and want one for her TouchPad now. If you aren't interested in a folio case or a case that can also be used as a stand, then I highly recommend this case, that is if you can find it in stock. They tend to sell them about 20 in stock at a time with an ever changing price point. They claim that list price is $24.99 and that I picked it up at 60% off. Since then I have seen it at $10.99, $12.99, $13.99, and $16.99.

Good luck everyone

If anyone would like me to add some pictures of the case just let me know what things you want pictures of and I will try to post some and if you have any questions let me know.
    Thanks for the review.
    Any pics would be great!!
    If only I hadn't been cheap and held off when it was $6.99... Thanks for biting the bullet!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Good review...

A pic of the screen protector on would be good... And just some general pics at different angles...

I emailed iShoppingDeals on Friday to find out when they are adding more inventory & if they are adding color choices... No response yet..

Man... Hope good reviews don't swamp Amazon before the next sale batch or the prices are gonna climb even higher...

I wonder if this Skin will make it fit perfectly on the Verizon Technocel iPad folio case without the mod...
    WAREZ, WAREZ, WAREZ...
    Got mine yesterday. When I first put it on there was some slight slack on the back but after a day of use that slack is gone, not sure if the device heat shrunk it or what but I dont notice any back slack now. The fit is good but the front side edges have a tiny amount of slack toward the middle of the straight edges on all four sides but feels like more on the shorter sides. Only when a finger or hand brushes against or grips these middle areas it lifts very slightly but never comes off do to this this is only apparent when like stated a finger swipes the areas or when you grip it with your hands. This slack on the front maybe the slack I noticed before on the back now moved to the front but its not that big of a deal just wanted to have it known and since this front lip area is where our hands rest holding the device its always happening. Mine is already collecting dirt and debris do to the nature of the type of silicone not a huge issue was expecting this when I purchased it. I havent had a chance to put the screen protector on yet so the jury is still out on that. All in all I am pleased with this and I like it better than the technocel folio case I got from verizon it adds the necessary grip to the device that the slick stock back lacked now I dont feel like I'm gonna constantly drop it. And to answer Y314K it wont fit in the technocel case with the silicone cover on I tried its too big for it now. I can also confirm that the touchstone charger works with this silicone case on.
    Last edited by omegastar; 09/17/2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omegastar View Post
    All in all I am please with this and I like it better than the technocel case I got from verizon. And to answer Y314K it wont fit in the technocel case with the silicone cover on I tried its too big for it now.
    Thanks for checking...

U don't think it would fit even pre-mod Technocel case ???

I am guessing the back oval design on the back might lift it to high for the Technocel to catch it...

Now I have to figure out which of the two to get... Guess it will depend on what price the Silicone Skin has when it's back in stock...

Does anybody know how to get a email alarm on Amazon for an item out of stock... Can't find a notify when back in stock option @ Amazon for the Silicon Skin... Looks like the seller is not allowing that option...
    WAREZ, WAREZ, WAREZ...
    I have not modded my technocel case and I could not get it to go in with silicone case on. I'm sure if your tried really hard you could get it on but you would have to mod it to go bigger. And I think it would not hold into technocel all that well after.
    Some closeup photos would be great.
    you can buy directly from the site..and it seems to be in stock there..although I'm waiting to see if amazon puts it back up for below $9.99..
    Thanks for the review. I'm glad to see that there is a manufacture making these type of cases for a discontinued device. Was the fishbone cable wrap in the pictures included?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    you can buy directly from the site..and it seems to be in stock there..although I'm waiting to see if amazon puts it back up for below $9.99..
    I've been checking both their website and Amazon and haven't seen it show up again. I have a 10.1 inch netbook bag I carry it in, so I don't need a full case, something like this is perfect. But I can't find any others like it & this one is always out of stock...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    Can u post a link... I haven't found it on stock at any place since last Tuesday...
    WAREZ, WAREZ, WAREZ...
    I really hope someone makes a TPU case for the TouchPad.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    I think China is the only place one of them is going to come from, I can't see the likes of Otterbox making one for what is essentially a dead end market.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I don't think half a million + eager buyers is a dead end market... To make those things.. You just make a mold and produce it just like their other tablet one's.... And you can expect less competition since some will treat it like a dead end market... Just ask IShoppingDeals... They haven't had Sofl Silicon Skin's available for over a week...
    WAREZ, WAREZ, WAREZ...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Still no pictures?
    Motorola Atrix 4G, 4.5.91, rooted, unlocked, romracer recovery, faux123 0.1.9 kernel
    HP TouchPad 32GB, webOS 3.0.2, DevMode, Preware, F4 Phantom Kernel, OC'd 1.7 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    I really hope someone makes a TPU case for the TouchPad.
    I e-mailed DC Mugen (makers of the Epik cases), and they said they had no plans of producing any for the TouchPad.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Back in stock at Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Machine View Post
    Back in stock at Amazon.
    And now at twice the price. :|
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast