1.    #1  
    Greetings folks,

Ordered and received 2 Touchpad wall chargers from PreCentral. After plugging it in, I got that message that says that the charger is not giving the proper amount of juice to properly charge up the TP. Upon calling a rep and stating the issue, he spoke to a technician and returned saying that the charger is working but just will take longer to recharge the TP. There was no little lightning bolt in the battery indicator. I've been a member of PC for a long time and have always had great service when ordering products so this not a negative post against them. However, I did ask why they were selling a product that does not work as advertised. Got the " its gonna take alittle longer" speech.

In short, the PC store folks are great.....but don't buy that charger!

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    If you have the charger plugged into the wall and not a pc or something, you got the wrong charger or something is wrong with it.

Edit: That is... if it's supposed to be an HP touchpad charger..
    If it's a generic one that's probably why.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andrew025; 09/15/2011 at 11:35 PM.
    Send it back. It is not truly compatible by any meaning of the word.

If it's the one they had on sale earlier this week, it's a cheap generic USB charger. USB chargers like that can take 8 times longer to charge your Touchpad. 8 times.

As things stand now, I am not aware of any non-HP charger that can recharge the Touchpad at anything near the speed of the official HP charger. The best are 4 times slower. Even 3rd party chargers with the same power ratings as the HP chargers are generally not wired properly to charge the Touchpad. They only provide a fallback mode trickle charge.

Pre Central do their users a disservice by claiming Touchpad compatibility with those cheap, 500 miliamp (or less) chargers.
    Last edited by Toasters; 09/15/2011 at 10:58 PM.