Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    looking for a bag to take on a trip soon. i know there are a few small cases (cocoon etc) but i'm looking for something larger. only requirement is that would at least fit under my seat. and perhaps with separate compartment for my touchpad + room for some misc accessories or a book or two.
    a backpack works for me.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i could probably use a paper bag too but it would not be ideal. generic backpack is not exactly what i am looking for either. unless it has separate pocket/dividers. but i have not found one i actually liked.
    Any more details or preference on what you'd be looking for? Your requirements are quite broad, so there's a lot that could be said. Perhaps a price range?
    I have a NorthFace Heckler backpack that I have carried all over the world. It has a decently padded sleeve for a laptop or tablet. This pack can hold pretty much anything I need for a three day trip. Under seat or overhead bin fit.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    there's all sorts of netbook and MacBook cases out there. How small do you want to go? I have a nice Targus case that sounds like it would work for you. Room for netbook, books, accessories

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CFAQ8gIwBg
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    timbuk2 messenger bag.... Best carry on I have ever used!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Any more details or preference on what you'd be looking for? Your requirements are quite broad, so there's a lot that could be said. Perhaps a price range?
    i guess anything less than 100. my requirements probably seems broad b/c i'm not quite sure what is out there. but basically the larger the better -i'm not too keen on carrying something small and dinky that looks like a purse :P and (ideally) with separate compartments or padding. i have my touchpad in a case already but i'm still paranoid it might get roughed up if i just toss it in with a bunch of other stuff.

some of the suggestions seem pretty good. i'll investigate those further. if anyone has more ideas let me know, thanks
    I like Crumpler. Pricey though. I use Breakfast Buffet model which fits the TP perfectly.
    I would say for your range, Timbuk2 would be nice. Other companies to maybe consider:

Swissgear - Laptop Messenger
    Crumpler - Hillman Hunter Bag
    Waterfield - Vertigo Bag

Just a starting point perhaps. Let us know what you decide on!
    I ordered the RooCase netbook bag from PCmicrostore.com. It is made for up to 11.6" netbooks, but I found it holds my touchpad in its leather case quite nicely, and there is room to throw in some extra cables, chargers, maybe a notebook or two, or a book or something, as well as my keyboard. Plenty of room for what I need, but still noticeably smaller than most regular laptop bags. Ended up getting it for a little over $13 shipped with the discount code NETBOOKCASESOFF20%

Here's the link: ROOCASE Classic Carrying Bag for 11.6-Inch Netbook - Dark Blue - RC-NHB10-CLASSIC-DB / PCMicroStore.com - Hot Deals on Computer Hardware, Consumer Electronic, Camera Accessories, Ipod MP3 Accessories, Gaming Accessories, Iphone Cell Phone Accessories
    Last edited by Stonerman33; 09/19/2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: I spell like I flunked the 3rd grade.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    We have traveled with 2 TouchPads and just used our regular wheeled Olympia carry-on that we have used for years.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Hi, as you are looking out for large size carry-on bag then I would suggest you Delsey Helium Breeze 3.0 26" Expandable Spinner Trolley Delsey helium Breeze 3.0 26" Expandable Spinner Trolley . It is expandable light weight bag which comes up with option of separate compartment where you can keep your touch pad, clothing and rest of your accessories in organized manner
    Quote Originally Posted by smithjohn0912 View Post
    Hi, as you are looking out for large size carry-on bag then I would suggest you Delsey Helium Breeze 3.0 26" Expandable Spinner Trolley Delsey helium Breeze 3.0 26" Expandable Spinner Trolley . It is expandable light weight bag which comes up with option of separate compartment where you can keep your touch pad, clothing and rest of your accessories in organized manner
    Not all airlines allow that size of carry-on. (It's about half, and mainly LCCs.)

Domestic Airline Baggage Fee Chart
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    tom bihn makes some nice bags, The Ristretto for iPad and iPad 2 Messenger Bag by: TOM BIHN is a "purse" model but they have lots of other models. I use a tactical bag Buy a Bail Out Bag for $20 it works perfectly for me. Phone, touchpad, ipod, earbuds, chargers and pocket crap fit it in external pockets. The divided internal pocket is around 4"x9"x13" big enough for some paper work, magazines and a few books.
    Last edited by SebastianLee; 10/21/2011 at 03:51 PM.
    I swear by this bag. Absolutely bulletproof and TSA-compliant.

ZÜCA Pro : Product Overview

The Business backpack is an accessory and has those things you are looking for, plus it mates to the handle of the ZUCA Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    I swear by this bag. Absolutely bulletproof and TSA-compliant.

ZÜCA Pro : Product Overview

The Business backpack is an accessory and has those things you are looking for, plus it mates to the handle of the ZUCA Pro.

What's really funny about that is that the pink version is $66 less than the rest of the colors!
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I have a NorthFace Heckler backpack that I have carried all over the world. It has a decently padded sleeve for a laptop or tablet. This pack can hold pretty much anything I need for a three day trip. Under seat or overhead bin fit.
    I've never traveled and am going to in late November. I looked at those backpacks on Amazon just now. Which one do you recommend.
    When I bought mine they only had that and black/silver; they just started adding new colors.

Their CS is awesome - I had a zipper separation on the backpack this week. I was at a tradeshow on Monday and they were there, and I showed it to them. When I got back home, I contacted CS and they sent me a new backpack (and they don't even want the old one back.)

The Pro has a lifetime warranty.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast