Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    The speck core pack Speck Products | Speck Products CorePack Fly for notebooks up to 15" | Laptop Bags has worked well for me for a laptop. Not sure If it would work for what you need since it has a separate laptop compartment.
    Check out the Jansport Odyssyey. ebags.com has it on sale for $80.

JanSport Odyssey Backpack - eBags.com

The bag can carry A LOT of stuff and has a separate compartment for your tablet. The bag doesn't look that big on your however it expands so it'll move outwards horizontally which can make it look a little weird. Overall though, it's a pretty sturdy pack that's cheap and should carry just about everything you need.
    HP TouchPad 32GB (Rooted & Patched)
    I have a Swiss Gear backpack by Wenger that I've been using everyday for the last 5 years.
    http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-GA-7305-14F00-SwissGear-Computer-Backpack/dp/B000NONHYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319474721&sr=8-1

I travel for work extensively and you would not believe how many other road warriors I see carrying this at the airport. I also use it for personal travel as it has tons of space for pretty much anything you want to stuff. It's a bit oversized compared to a typical messenger bag but for my personal travel, I have found the space to be invaluable as I tend to accumulate a bunch of stuff. This is the bag I carry as I'm strolling around town sightseeing. I've even taken it as the only bag for a weekend trip, stuffing my clothes, toiletries and everything into this bag. Pockets galore, 2 water bottle holders, nice padding around laptop compartment, and really built to last. It can get a boost in the looks department but it's good enough for me.
    noodles likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    I've never traveled and am going to in late November. I looked at those backpacks on Amazon just now. Which one do you recommend.
    Well the Heckler is perfect for carry on tho once filled a little bulkier than that little box they have to test the size of your bag.

If you are going to be carrying lots of bulky clothes like jeans and sweaters you will need something bigger. if you roll your clothes you can pack a good amount in there. Best thing to do is if you have a ****'s or a Sports Authority nearby, stop by and check out the sizes

Edit: those at Amazon look like they ship from overseas.
    Here is the one I have:
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...heckler_2.html

Here is where I got one of mine. Looks like its on sale !!!
    http://www.rockymountaintrail.com/Th...er/AJVG/detail
    Use coupon code "fall" for an extra 10% off
    Last edited by noodles; 10/24/2011 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I have a Swiss Gear backpack by Wenger that I've been using everyday for the last 5 years.
    http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-GA-7305-14F00-SwissGear-Computer-Backpack/dp/B000NONHYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319474721&sr=8-1
    That's a nice bag. I use my Heckler the same way, great around town and still usable for business travel. Pockets for everything.
    lol, I just saved that bag to my wish list. I love backpacks/bags. My Heckler has a huge main compartment that's why i travel with it.

How big is the main compartment on the Swiss Gear? I might get one for work/around town
    I like the compartment layout on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    That's a nice bag. I use my Heckler the same way, great around town and still usable for business travel. Pockets for everything.
    lol, I just saved that bag to my wish list. I love backpacks/bags. My Heckler has a huge main compartment that's why i travel with it.

How big is the main compartment on the Swiss Gear? I might get one for work/around town
    I like the compartment layout on it.
    The main compartment (no the laptop slit, which is a separate zippered compartment) is quite large. you can put several text books, notebooks, etc. There are 3 compartments total in addition to to the laptop slit. Big, then medium sized one in front of the big where I usually put AC adapter, then small one in front of the medium where you can dump your pens, keys, etc. Oh there's even a small zipper pocket on top of the small compartment where you can dump change, etc. On top (if you're looking straight down) is another small zipper compartmet where I usually put my mouse, phone, any charging cables, etc. This is a really convenient pocket. On the sides, there are two vertically oriented narrow zipper pockets beneath the water bottle mesh. This is perfect for storing a portable umbrella. I really love this bag. If you don't take a laptop with you, you can store heavy clothes like one or two pairs of jeans inside the laptop slit (the zippered slit has 2 inner cavities). There are other extra zippers and pockets not mentioned... it's seriously got tons of pockets. It's professional so that you can use it for business but also can be used for personal use.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12