Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I bought the keyboard when it was on sale from HP for $27.

It's a steal at this price and I am not complaining, but from a logical point of view, HP/PALM should have really put the effort in and made the keyboard capable of focusing a card, scrolling with the arrow keys, and other simple functionalities which someone can make a patch for.

If someone can make a patch for it, then it's shameful for HP not to go the extra mile and provide these features.

This could have been another strong point against the iPad. Maybe this would have resulted in higher sales.

Again, $27 is dirt cheap for it, but if someone can create a patch for all these features, then HP should have got that done first.

(This post was written with the keyboard! )
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    What's not to love?

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The HP BT TouchPad Keyboard's Cousin

Apple Wireless Keyboard - Apple Store (U.S.)
    I purchased the HP keyboard on sale, and for what I paid I am happy enough, but... I think people who are unhappy with it have a reasonable complaint. HP manufacturedthe key board and TouchPad (at least, they put their brand on each) and it is reasonable to expect they would work well together. And ignoring the complaints, or saying webOS is the explanation doesn't fly, since people will have a reasonable expectation that the total solution (TP + KB) will work.

It is idiosyncrasies like this (and I know some will claim that these indiosyncrasies that endear the TP and webOS... but to me, that's a mistake) that hurt adoption.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    HP and the webOS community could have used some more time to make everything on the TouchPad work as well as things do on the iPad 2 i0S 4.

However, we can understand and appreciate the pressure to enter the Tablet market in which Apple accelerating away from everyone.

Nevertheless, At liquidation prices, most of the HP Touchpad accessories are pretty good.

Having said that, you can find of variety of 1st generation iPad accessories at close-out prices at Marshals. Butu they do not have the level of quality that the HP products have

The highly competitive but fast growing tablet marketplace will likely continue to see some cool gadgets at rock bottom prices for those with the patience to wait.
    Accidentally found another way to select text with the BT keyboard. Turn Caps Lock on, then use arrow keys. Then just tap the highlighted text and the cut/copy/paste prompt comes up.
    An excellent product that works at least as well as advertised. Its slim, and I like the keyboards' action and touch. Another HP TP accessory win; ALSO LOVE THE TOUCHSTONE CHARGER
    How do I write international characters with this keyboard? I've tried any key combo, and nothing seems to work. I need the Norwegian characters , and .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123