1.    #1  
    I jumped the gun and ordered a Phantom Skinz but after I got it, I realized it covered the logo so I ended up getting one from Fusion of Ideas the next day. Here's a quick side by side comparison on what comes in the box. The carbon fiber vinyl is identical in overall quality, texture and thickness. The major differences are the round cut out for the logo and the lack of side protection. The clear screen protector is very different though. The one that comes with the Phantom Skinz kit is at least twice as thick as the one from Fusion of Ideas and the has light brushed finish to it. The one from Fusion of Ideas although thinner and more flexible has glass like high gloss finish. I haven't decided which I want to install so any feedback from anyone who has either would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I personally wanted a hole cut out fit the logo and no side protection because I felt like it would not look that good transitioning from the sides from carbon fiber to black. Also I think the side protection seemed like it would have been a poussin to install and line up properly. As for the screen protector, the one I got from fusion idea was not cut properly for the cut out for the camera and home button to line up. I really like the screen protector other than that. Sounds like the phantom one is thick and I personally like mine to be thin and look like it is not even there. Those are my opinions. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    PIA to install. Goodluck

I ordered both. Does the fusion of ideas have the sides like phantom or is it just round
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    PIA to install. Goodluck

I ordered both. Does the fusion of ideas have the sides like phantom or is it just round
    No sides just covers the back
    I ordered the Phantom Skins in the Black to hide the transition better.... I think the side coverage might be a bonus as it might help to prevent some of the case cracking issues.... (fingers crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by alvintoro View Post
    I jumped the gun and ordered a Phantom Skinz but after I got it, I realized it covered the logo so I ended up getting one from Fusion of Ideas the next day. Here's a quick side by side comparison on what comes in the box. The carbon fiber vinyl is identical in overall quality, texture and thickness. The major differences are the round cut out for the logo and the lack of side protection. The clear screen protector is very different though. The one that comes with the Phantom Skinz kit is at least twice as thick as the one from Fusion of Ideas and the has light brushed finish to it. The one from Fusion of Ideas although thinner and more flexible has glass like high gloss finish. I haven't decided which I want to install so any feedback from anyone who has either would be great.
    Hi alvintoro,

I want to clarify the comments about our Tablet Screen Protector. As you see in the photos, the brushed look on the protector is actually a stiff "Cap Sheet" that is left on our material for shipping and installation to prevent damage before it is installed. There should have been a notice regarding the "Cap Sheet" in all Tablet Screen Protector orders. Once removed, I think you will see that the actual protector is of the same great quality that we have gained a reputation for. Please contact us directly if there is any further confusion.

Guru
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSkinz Guru View Post
    Hi alvintoro,

I want to clarify the comments about our Tablet Screen Protector. As you see in the photos, the brushed look on the protector is actually a stiff "Cap Sheet" that is left on our material for shipping and installation to prevent damage before it is installed. There should have been a notice regarding the "Cap Sheet" in all Tablet Screen Protector orders. Once removed, I think you will see that the actual protector is of the same great quality that we have gained a reputation for. Please contact us directly if there is any further confusion.

Guru
    Thanks for clarifying that Guru. I had not gone through the instructions for either as I was still debating on which of the back pieces I'm going for. I don't know if this would be possible but offering the option to have hole or not would be great. It's the biggest thing that's got me on the fence.
    Last edited by alvintoro; 09/15/2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Are any of these anti-glare?
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    I believe that neither of these are anti-glare. Most screen protectors I notice that are anti-glare advertise it as a selling point for it.
  10.    #10  
    No. Neither are anti-glare. I ended up going with the Fusion of Ideas skin. Lined up and installed real easy. I really like the clean look and the logo. Didn't put on the screen protector though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    You can get them in anti-glare though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk