Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hungyellow
  1.    #1  
    The case is back in stock at HP Small and Medium Business. It has been confirmed over the phone with SMB that they got another shipment in. Hope this helps some of you that wanted it but worried that it was not going to be in stock here is your chance. You can call or order it from the web.

HP: THZ07202US - Targus Truss Case for HP TouchPad - Leather - 9.84"L x 0.98"H x 7.87"W - Tablet cases

Phone: Here is the phone number for them: 1-866-625-0242 opt 3
    My order that has been sitting a while just shipped so seems you're correct. Looking forward to getting a great case. I already have the HP case and love it but the Truss looks like it protects better and looks more professional if I take it on the road. I love the HP case so much for it's minimalistic functionality that I probably will continue to use it at the house.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    My order that has been sitting a while just shipped so seems you're correct. Looking forward to getting a great case. I already have the HP case and love it but the Truss looks like it protects better and looks more professional if I take it on the road. I love the HP case so much for it's minimalistic functionality that I probably will continue to use it at the house.
    Yeah I am thinking the same as you. I like the minimalistic quality of the HP case but I need more protection and quality (strap closure and build quality), is why I went with the Targus case.
    fej180 likes this.
    I'm torn between pick this up or waiting for the redesigned Icipio kickstand which I hope will still be $14.99. I am looking for to protect my Touchpad when it gets banged around during my travels with it. Anyone have both and prefer one over the other? Is the Targus Truss thicker than the Incipio?

Anyways as I was looking for reviews on this I found a great deal for my Canadian friends $12.99 plus free shipping from dell Canada. I tested out the coupon code listed and it works... unfortunately I live in the USA and they won't mail it too me. Offer expires 9/16
    If Dell.ca runs out there is also a link in one of the comments that has it for $11.85 plus shipping.

RedFlagDeals Exclusive @ Dell: Targus Truss Leather Case for HP TouchPad $12.99 + Free Ship (Hot!) - Posted Sep. 6, 2011 - RedFlagDeals.com
    Last edited by 3FLi; 09/14/2011 at 10:16 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    I'm torn between pick this up or waiting for the redesigned Icipio kickstand which I hope will still be $14.99. I am looking for to protect my Touchpad when it gets banged around during my travels with it. Anyone have both and prefer one over the other? Is the Targus Truss thicker than the Incipio?
    Just by looking at the pictures, it looks like the targus case is thicker, that is usual the one thing people have to say about the targus case. It is real leather and nice microfiber lining inside so I understand why it is thicker than some other cases. Sorry I couldn't give you a direct comparison.
    Thanks.
    Yeah I just double checked some of the more detailed pictures of both. The Targus is definitely thicker, but I guess it is more protective. I'll give it a day or so to see if Incipio responds to how much the new Kickstand will cost and decided from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post

Anyways as I was looking for reviews on this I found a great deal for my Canadian friends $12.99 plus free shipping from dell Canada. I tested out the coupon code listed and it works... unfortunately I live in the USA and they won't mail it too me. Offer expires 9/16
    If Dell.ca runs out there is also a link in one of the comments that has it for $11.85 plus shipping.

RedFlagDeals Exclusive @ Dell: Targus Truss Leather Case for HP TouchPad $12.99 + Free Ship (Hot!) - Posted Sep. 6, 2011 - RedFlagDeals.com
    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    Just by looking at the pictures, it looks like the targus case is thicker, that is usual the one thing people have to say about the targus case. It is real leather and nice microfiber lining inside so I understand why it is thicker than some other cases. Sorry I couldn't give you a direct comparison.
    What a deal for $12.99, like half of what I paid and thought was good. I've read complaints about the Targus Truss being thick. But it's well padded and professional looking. I don't intend to use it at home, too bulky quite honestly but on the road touchpad safety is worth it. I should say PROBABLY too bulky based on what I've seen, I haven't touched one yet so won't be sure until I get mine, so maybe will change my mind then.
    ordered a second one for my wife's TP this past week, still waiting for it to be delivered. But I just like the protection it provides for the speaker side of the TP and also the fact that it charges with the touchstone charging dock without removing it from the case

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    ordered a second one for my wife's TP this past week, still waiting for it to be delivered. But I just like the protection it provides for the speaker side of the TP and also the fact that it charges with the touchstone charging dock without removing it from the case
    Good point, it does provide a good bit of protection for the speaker side where people have concerns about the thin plastic around the speakers cracking. Just another plus for me in my book.
    I ordered mine earlier this week and just received the shipping confirmation.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    Good point, it does provide a good bit of protection for the speaker side where people have concerns about the thin plastic around the speakers cracking. Just another plus for me in my book.
    people have had cracked cases regardless if it's never been dropped or in a case.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    people have had cracked cases regardless if it's never been dropped or in a case.
    Pretty bad design if it just cracks if it sits in a case. The Targus case seems to protect that part fairly well. While in the case little or no pressure is put on the side with the speakers in the side holder. I hope mine does not crack.
  13. z26
    In for 1!
  14.    #14  
    FYI if you paid for shipping call them back and they will refund you the shipping because new orders are getting free shipping on the phone. The number to call is in the first post.