Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not under production yet, but could be under your Christmas tree if enough people pledge...

Levitatr: A keyboard with elevating keys for iPad, Tablets by James Stumpf — Kickstarter

And it's TP compatible...
    I'm now a backer. Thanks! {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    raising $51k in 40 days seems pretty impossible
    Glad to see he spruced himself up for the video Actually - that's a very slick device!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    Considering he just raised about 3K in less than 6 hours I would say you are wrong...but we'll see...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    will pledge next week. See how high it gets by then.
    Nice concept. It definitely looks interesting, will see how pledging goes before I actually donate myself.
    Meh. Sorry.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Meh. Sorry.
    I concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    Someone raised $60k to build a huge metal statue of Robocop on there in a week. It's going up in downtown Detroit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Meh. Sorry.
    Yeah I have to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    Someone raised $60k to build a huge metal statue of Robocop on there in a week. It's going up in downtown Detroit.
    That's hilarious.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Couldn't things still depress the keys even though they aren't sticking up? It seems unnecessarily complex.
    A better design to me might be a cover for the keyboard that flips back in use and doubles as the stand for the tablet.
    Maybe I'm missing the point, but don't all external keyboards have raised keys?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    yes they do, this is just a cool concept, and I like gadgets like these.

only issue I see is most keyboards have a slop to it, this does not and sits on top of a table like the box that the HP keyboard was shipped on. that is the only issue i see so far with it.
    A gadget is only "cool" if it's practical, IMO. Otherwise it's just a toy. This is not practical. It's too thick, and while I am usually a fan of aluminum gadgetry, the size of this thing means it will be too heavy. All that just for keys that go up and down? Why?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Its not angled.

or similar
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post

or similar
    Those are actually pretty horrible to type on if you're a touch typist. We had one at one of the lab computers at my last job.
    I'll stick with my HP KB, it has a power switch to protect against the keys being hit in a bag. I think long term typing with no angle would be rough.

This looks like a cool concept, but I can't get with it. Might be cool for a HTPC setup though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast