1.    #1  
    I just received this case, and so far I like it a lot. Had the HP OEM case and didn't like it at all. I then bought the Elan Folio Ipad 1 case, and was reasonably satisfied with that, however the camera cutout was not lined up correctly and there was no velcro on the strap that holds the tablet in place. I had hoped that Roocase would make a second run of their cases for the Touchpad however seeing as that probably won't happen I decided to buy the Acase Transformer.

The case has a magnetic flap so that the cover stays closed which is a nice touch. The case is also cut so that it allows for the use of gestures from any orientation. All the ports are accessible, camera is not blocked, and the case stand works well in both positions. Build quality also is very nice, the black leather with the white stitching looks great IMO. O, and on a side note, the case does technically work on the Touchstone in portrait mode(somewhat cumbersome), although not nearly as good as bare or in the HP OEM case.

Overall I'd say this a solid option if you are looking for a long term Touchpad case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the review ... mine shipped yesterday ... debated going with this or the clip style (either Acase or Poetic)... ultimately this looked like the best option
    I have the OEM case for 1 TP I own ..... I like the OEM case but thought the Transformer might be even better ... I will use it when my second TP arrives from HP
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I got one. I though it sucked. Will let it go for 16 bucks shipped
    Quick question: is the ambient light sensor covered? (It's in the top right hand corner of the device when in portrait mode). I have the Griffin Elan Folio case for the iPad one and it's completely covered; looking for a case that doesn't cover it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by EnTg888 View Post
    Quick question: is the ambient light sensor covered? (It's in the top right hand corner of the device when in portrait mode). I have the Griffin Elan Folio case for the iPad one and it's completely covered; looking for a case that doesn't cover it.
    Not 100% sure what area you are talking about so I took a few pics of the area you described(with a terrible camera mind you hahaha).

Pics are of the volume rocker and the mic and on/off button areas, as well as the top right area of the screen. Basically, the entire area spanning the power button to the volume down button on the rocker is uncovered. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    by the looks of it, that case completely covers the ambient light sensor so the auto dim feature wouldnt work
    nice, ordered one also
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I just ordered too, 24.99 prime eligible on amazon right now. Shame about the light sensor...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I just ordered too, 24.99 prime eligible on amazon right now. Shame about the light sensor...
    cheaper through buy.com
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    cheaper through buy.com
    With the prime I'll pay the extra four bucks for free 2 day shipping
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    isn't free if you are paying for it
    is this compatible with the touchstone sitting in landscape?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    is this compatible with the touchstone sitting in landscape?
    Couldn't get it to work in landscape for whatever reason. Portrait is fine though, it's on the touchstone as we speak
    Quote Originally Posted by jjchow245 View Post
    Couldn't get it to work in landscape for whatever reason. Portrait is fine though, it's on the touchstone as we speak
    well that sucks :\
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
    I got one. I though it sucked. Will let it go for 16 bucks shipped
    What sucked about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjchow245 View Post
    I just got the case and you can charge it in landscape with the touchstone.

the case is decent, I chose this over the targus because it's lighter and thinner. It doesn't feel like real leather though, think it's pleather