Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree8Likes
    Screen protector went on without problem. The back however was a struggle. Still have some bubbles on the back and some small burrs on the corners after a week.
    I just received the silver cf and am very impressed by the packaging, instructions, etc. I am concerned about the corners and sides of the back piece, they look hard to install and like they will peel with use. Anyone having issues?
    I am considering using a razor and straightedge to trim off the pieces that wrap around the sides before installing. Any thoughts?

Lee
    I bought 2 screen protectors because I usually screw it up (3 times already) I went into the bathroom next to the shower with the steam. Surgical gloves for no finger prints. Two beers to loosen the muscles and ton of the application fluid. Came out good. After 2 days it is perfect. Keep my instructions in mind!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I've had my clear (of course!) front and woodgrain back skins on a month. Was freaked the next day because of the bubbles, but they all came out except for one or two little ones off screen. I really think being addicted to the game Sparkle helped out a lot. You're always tap tap tapping different areas of the screen in it.
    My edges came out with wrinkles and spaces. Maybe I'll try a hair dryer on them when it gets really bad.
    I'd really recommend Skinomi. For someone who didn't know what they were doing, the screen came out really nice. And no problem with glare, fog, or the onion layers people report with different skins.
    I'd take wrinkled sides-probably my fault-over screen problems.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Damn, are you guys having touch issues when skinomi is installed?

If I remove it, touch becomes responsive again

My wife is the one who put the skinomi and she hands goods hands and put it with great precision. I didn't have any bubble issues or something like that .. it was more of touch issues.
    Mine created dead spots which is why I returned it and am waiting for a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    Mine created dead spots which is why I returned it and am waiting for a refund.
    Is It really because of the screen guard? I'm a bit doubt it. The pixel position is under the gorila glass screen. How it can be damaged merely by a screen guard?

I want to buy one, due to mine bought from eBay at cheap price really has a cheap quality. It is very easy to get scratch.. I never bought screen guard as bad as this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Is It really because of the screen guard? I'm a bit doubt it. The pixel position is under the gorila glass screen. How it can be damaged merely by a screen guard?
    Not damaged, but reduced in sensitivity enough to cause problems. With capacitive touchscreens like this, capacitance decreases in proportion to increased distance between finger and sensor. Some screen protectors may be thick enough for this reduction to become annoyingly noticeable.

--John
    Not damaged, but reduced in sensitivity enough to cause problems. With capacitive touchscreens like this, capacitance decreases in proportion to increased distance between finger and sensor. Some screen protectors may be thick enough for this reduction to become annoyingly noticeable.

--John
    I removed my Skinomi, after about 2 weeks of use.

My screen looks sooooo much better without it, AND feels more responsive as well. Now I know why, thanks to your explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post

--John
    Is it because of fluid that being use when install the screen guard?

I found all screen that being used on webos devices all can't work properly If there is fluid or water on the screen. I already have this experience with Pre-, Pre+, Veer, Pre3 and Touchpad. This is never happened on my iPod Touch4 & iPad. I think Apple use another built of capacitive screen, and it is better.

So far I use cheap screen guard on TouchPad and feel not too responsive, but still ok compared to risk being scratched. I only 1 day use it without screen guard, so I can't remember how differ it is without one, but base on Pre3 and Veer that I'm not put any screen guard on them, I just can say WebOS devices never have a great capacitive screen, it never as good as on Apple products.
    Last edited by The Bard; 10/31/2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    That's normal on wet-installed skins.

Gotta give it 24-48 hours until the remaining solution you didn't squeeze out dries out.
    I am having the same issue, along with some bubbles. I just applied it roughly 6 hours ago. I'll give it the 24-48 hours. Do I have to wait and NOT use my TP (I am going insane using the laptop!) ???
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    I am having the same issue, along with some bubbles. I just applied it roughly 6 hours ago. I'll give it the 24-48 hours. Do I have to wait and NOT use my TP (I am going insane using the laptop!) ???
    you do not need to wait 24 hours. I have installed on 3 phones and 2 TP and just wait overnight. If the protector seems generally dry and just has a few bubbles, you should be fine to use.
    My wet apply skinomi screen protector is just beautiful! Crystal clear and I am not having any touch issues. I did apply it in the bathroom with the hot water running. The moisture REALLY helps!

As for the skin....I read to start with the mic side. I did and it turned out almost perfect. As for the corners, I used a hair dryer on warm heat and medium. Be patient, it will work.'
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567