Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    mine still has alot of bubbles on it after 24 hours, should i leave it?
    I like the black CF one for the TP, but the back is super hard to get it on correct and I really have experience doing these things. The material is so tough that it will not bend and wrap correctly. Great stuff for sure, but doesnt fit on the back very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebornsoul View Post
    mine still has alot of bubbles on it after 24 hours, should i leave it?
    It took mine 3-4 days before it started to look really good.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    I just ordered a carbon fiber one. Thanks for the post!
    From a my failed attempts I got some surgical gloves and are going to use that for the screen protector. No more finger prints! Does anyone know exactly what causes the bubbles to go away? Is it better to leave it possibly on the counter where it may get a little sun?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    ok i'll leave it on for now then. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Same here, it finally cleared up...so I could see all the fingerprints I put on it, lol. I'm not too worried about it because they're all on the edge that will get covered up with a GelaSkin.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    I like the black CF one for the TP, but the back is super hard to get it on correct and I really have experience doing these things. The material is so tough that it will not bend and wrap correctly. Great stuff for sure, but doesnt fit on the back very well.
    Use a hair dryer to soften the skin and then mold it to the shape of the case.
    Lots of youtube videos about it. Search for "3M carbon fiber DI-NOC vinyl"
    Also, here is a laptop being covered with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    I installed the skin last night and I still have like 30-40 bubbles underneath the skin. I wins I read up on drenching the skin and pitting it on with the shower running. I still have hope that it will clear up since it has only been 12 hours, but if it doesn't is there another wah to get the bubbles out? Or do I have to get another skin? Is it possible to pull off the skin now and reapply with more liquid?
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
    Don't peel it off now! My wife had some very large bubbles, size of dimes and they went away in a few days, yours should as well. If not, call Skinomi and tell them it's not working right, you would have to pay the 3-4 bucks and they'll send you another one, less than a "new" one, barely. I had a white spec on my original one for my G-Tablet, they sent another skin free for that. Very good customer service.
    I waited, and after 2 days it a lot of the bubbles disappeared and after 3 days it looks crystal clear. Only one small spot bubble remains in bezel that I am not sure if it is a defect or a bit of sand. Other than that the only problem I have is that I got 3 dust strands trapped underneath the skin luckily 2 are in the bezel and the one on the screen is barely noticeable.

Tips:
    1.Watch this:
    2.Use plenty of solution on the screen protector.
    3.Install the screen protector in the bathroom while the shower is running (this is something I wish I did that others have suggested) I think it will help keep dust down and the skin moist to manipulate.
    4.Start at the circle for the camera and try to have it as centered as possible since the screen protector is about 1/16" short. If anything while the screen is moist you can push on it slightly to make sure that it does not cover the bottom button.
    5.Be patient. It really will take about 2 to 3 days for the bubbles to disappear and sometimes even longer depending on how well you did it.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this was the key variable but I applied my screen protector in the bathroom with plenty of solution using complimentary sweeping strokes to get all the bubbles and everything but I also hit it with the blow drier/heatgun once everything was centered and de-bubbled. Just lazily waving it over at medium power for 10 min or so but my screen was perfect within threeish hours.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    My bubbles completely disappeared, i had about 20+ bubbles after the first 24 hour i applied it, guess i did a bad job. But all is good now, they're all gone
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what causes the bubbles to go away? Is it better to leave it possibly on the counter where it may get a little sun?
    The skin is very slightly permeable. Any air bubbles trapped under the skin will slowly makes its way through the skin and to freedom, which means the bubble shrinks until it disappears.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    I never had a problem with bubbles, but I had to much trouble lining up the camera hole that I ended up reapplying several times, eventually causing some bad blemishes under the skin (some parts got dry, I guess - I posted pictures in an earlier post). Even as lousy a job as I did, it pretty much cleared up within a few days; now I can just see some slight imperfections only if its really bright out.

I'll second (or third, whatever) the suggest to start sweeping at the camera hole. I wish that had been in the instructions. I started at the middle and it always ended up with the camera hole out of alignment.

The little corner flaps on the back cover kept working loose, and I cut them off. That was a bad design.
    i really cant say enough about skinomi's customer support, i ordered mine a few weeks ago and the original package came pretty busted up, the skin was folded in half out of the package and had a big crease in it, they promptly shipped me another one free of charge. I tried applying the skin without reading anything about it (thinking it would be easy peasy, right?) and i messed it up pretty badly. I emailed them with pictures and they are now sending me another unit.
    How's the carbon fiber skin? Would you mind posting some pics of the the sides and corners? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    I just got my carbon fiber skin put on. I agree with previous comments - it is quite slippery (which sort of defeats my purpose for having it in the first place) but not quite as slippery as the base TouchPad. Getting everything to line up was really hard. I didn't get the HP symbol lined up right, so I just put the hole piece back in (which looks fairly neat -see pic). The corners are probably not going to stay on.

The front went on fairly easily, but the applicator scratched it. After that I used the applicator with the HP lint pad over it, and that worked better. I had a terrible time getting the camera hole to line up, and ended up taking it off three times. I think I might have missed wetting some spots on the re-tries, and there are marks underneath the film, that look more like scuffs than air pockets. As the pic shows, they're really visible in the sun. If they don't go away, I'll probably have to take it off.

Pushing the liquid out from under the screen protector also pulled the edges off the back in a few places. Seems like a bad idea to get the back corners all nice and neat, then immediately start ripping them off with the applicator. I don't know why they don't put the back on last. Now that it's drying, they're back OK as far as I can tell.

All in all, I did a pretty lousy job.
    I got mine today and it was VERY had to install. The back kept sticking before I could align it properly and when I finally got it installed, the corners wouldn't stick. I finally got the corners down but the application solution got underneath them, lifting them up again. The squeegee also didn't slide well on the screen protector, making getting the bubbles out a very hard task. I had to use a hair dryer to get the carbon fiber part down. Maybe I'm just not good at this stuff, although I've had no problems installing Phantomskinz. If the screen doesn't clear up in a few days, I might ask for a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    i really cant say enough about skinomi's customer support, i ordered mine a few weeks ago and the original package came pretty busted up, the skin was folded in half out of the package and had a big crease in it, they promptly shipped me another one free of charge. I tried applying the skin without reading anything about it (thinking it would be easy peasy, right?) and i messed it up pretty badly. I emailed them with pictures and they are now sending me another unit.
    I hope I have the same luck with customer service. The instruction sheet was stuck to the front of my screen protector and left behind specks of brown and orange, and the bottom of the sheet must have cut into partially or something... It's one of those lines that you can only see when it turns the pixels behind it into a rainbow.

EDIT: They emailed me back; they will be replacing it
    Last edited by Exhnozoaa; 10/19/2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Damn, are you guys having touch issues when skinomi is installed?

If I remove it, touch becomes responsive again

My wife is the one who put the skinomi and she hands goods hands and put it with great precision. I didn't have any bubble issues or something like that .. it was more of touch issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Damn, are you guys having touch issues when skinomi is installed?

If I remove it, touch becomes responsive again

My wife is the one who put the skinomi and she hands goods hands and put it with great precision. I didn't have any bubble issues or something like that .. it was more of touch issues.
    Personally I don't have any touch issues with the skinomi skin but that might be because I was use to using the touchpad with the original screen protector before I got the skinomi, so I never really used the touchpad naked.
    The screen may be ever so slightly less touch sensitive, but nothing drastic for me.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast