Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    After 24 hrs, the screen looks perfect, crystal clear.

Great product IMO.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    haha wow that was sad. I honestly thought that when I ordered this it included anti-glare.
    From my experience, it is only anti-glare when it is specifically stated that it is. So always assume it is not anti-glare. I think some companies charge more for the anti-glare feature, just like some companies charge more for the mirror look.
    I'm going to wager I didn't do a good enough job squeezing bubbles out when I installed the screen protector. Its been 2 days and everything looks great except for the ton of bubbles that are still there. I probably should have put more solution on the screen protector.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I watched a video online of some guy doing it to a xoom online, he drenched it and so did I. Plus putting it on in the bathroom with the shower running really helps. Turned out perfect except that I ended up with a hair under the screen, use a ponytail if you have long hair! Screen + carbon skin for 12 bucks is awesome!
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    is anyone else completely underwhelmed withthe body skin? I thouht it would be thcker and more rubberized; the entire reson I bought it was to prevent it from slidin off desks at school and I really don't think this is going to help at all
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    is anyone else completely underwhelmed withthe body skin? I thouht it would be thcker and more rubberized; the entire reson I bought it was to prevent it from slidin off desks at school and I really don't think this is going to help at all
    The normal skin is rubbery for the back, I have that on my G-Tablet. The Carbon Fiber skin is a completely different material.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
    The normal skin is rubbery for the back, I have that on my G-Tablet. The Carbon Fiber skin is a completely different material.
    I have the clear skin, its sort of grippy to the touch but not really on tables
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshamano View Post
    I'm going to wager I didn't do a good enough job squeezing bubbles out when I installed the screen protector. Its been 2 days and everything looks great except for the ton of bubbles that are still there. I probably should have put more solution on the screen protector.
    Yeah, I screwed up too, I have a lot of 2-3mm bubbles all around the screen and it's been about a day since I did it.

I also installed the carbon fiber skin and I don't see myself keeping it on because it doesn't quite fit right on the corners. I tried the blow-dryer idea, but it still left wrinkles around the corners.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spac3m0nk3y View Post
    Yeah, I screwed up too, I have a lot of 2-3mm bubbles all around the screen and it's been about a day since I did it.

I also installed the carbon fiber skin and I don't see myself keeping it on because it doesn't quite fit right on the corners. I tried the blow-dryer idea, but it still left wrinkles around the corners.
    I used a heatgun I borrowed from the local "tomato dispensary" and I was amazed at how perfectly the carbon fiber fit after a little stretching, I think most blowdryers are just under powered.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I used a heatgun I borrowed from the local "tomato dispensary" and I was amazed at how perfectly the carbon fiber fit after a little stretching, I think most blowdryers are just under powered.
    Well, I wasn't trying to stretch mine, it seemed too big as it is. I was just trying to fold the corners down and around the edges. I got them as hot as I thought safe and a couple corners stuck, but there was a big wrinkle bulging up. Then the little flaps that hug the corners were actually overlapping each other. I was sure I didn't stretch anything when I installed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    alright after testing it out, it does reduce desk sliding dramatically. good product.
    installed my carbon fiber skin tonight. Really like it.
    Any chance this product will prevent speaker cracks? I've got one on my current touchpad. My replacement is pending but I want to be a bit more proactive this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by felixdd View Post
    Any chance this product will prevent speaker cracks? I've got one on my current touchpad. My replacement is pending but I want to be a bit more proactive this time around.
    prevent? i dunno. Hide any cracks? hell yeah!
    I installed the skin last night and I still have like 30-40 bubbles underneath the skin. I wins I read up on drenching the skin and pitting it on with the shower running. I still have hope that it will clear up since it has only been 12 hours, but if it doesn't is there another wah to get the bubbles out? Or do I have to get another skin? Is it possible to pull off the skin now and reapply with more liquid?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    I installed the skin last night and I still have like 30-40 bubbles underneath the skin. I wins I read up on drenching the skin and pitting it on with the shower running. I still have hope that it will clear up since it has only been 12 hours, but if it doesn't is there another wah to get the bubbles out? Or do I have to get another skin? Is it possible to pull off the skin now and reapply with more liquid?
    Don't peel it off now! My wife had some very large bubbles, size of dimes and they went away in a few days, yours should as well. If not, call Skinomi and tell them it's not working right, you would have to pay the 3-4 bucks and they'll send you another one, less than a "new" one, barely. I had a white spec on my original one for my G-Tablet, they sent another skin free for that. Very good customer service.
    Anyone know what the standard shipping time to Toronto is? I ordered it on the 22 or 23rd and still nothing yet.
    I've installed it on Saturday night. By Monday, there were about three small bubbles (1-2mm diameter) on the main part of the screen. Today, they have almost disappeared. A little annoyed I didn't realize it wasn't glare-resistant, but love how it has greatly reduced the fingerprint smudges.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    I just thought I would give a bump to let every one know that the deal and coupon codes are still good. At $5.21 shipped, the screen protector is almost as cheap as the generic ones.
    I just got my carbon fiber skin put on. I agree with previous comments - it is quite slippery (which sort of defeats my purpose for having it in the first place) but not quite as slippery as the base TouchPad. Getting everything to line up was really hard. I didn't get the HP symbol lined up right, so I just put the hole piece back in (which looks fairly neat -see pic). The corners are probably not going to stay on.

The front went on fairly easily, but the applicator scratched it. After that I used the applicator with the HP lint pad over it, and that worked better. I had a terrible time getting the camera hole to line up, and ended up taking it off three times. I think I might have missed wetting some spots on the re-tries, and there are marks underneath the film, that look more like scuffs than air pockets. As the pic shows, they're really visible in the sun. If they don't go away, I'll probably have to take it off.

Pushing the liquid out from under the screen protector also pulled the edges off the back in a few places. Seems like a bad idea to get the back corners all nice and neat, then immediately start ripping them off with the applicator. I don't know why they don't put the back on last. Now that it's drying, they're back OK as far as I can tell.

All in all, I did a pretty lousy job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast