Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I like logo showing through to be honest... so... it's like Bonus!
    Wow, I may have to do the same, but I love skinomi's! We'll see what mine looks like when it comes I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    I am now officially upset.
    After reading that Skinomi decided to cut out the hole in back for the logo, I sent them an email to make sure mine did NOT have the hole. They replied that all of them have the hole cut.
    When I placed my order there was NO MENTION ANYWHERE that there would be a hole in the back. The pictures also DO NOT SHOW A HOLE.
    See for yourselves.

See, that looks smooth and classy. Cutting a hole so you can show the uglyass HP logo is NOT an improvement.

This is absolutely unacceptable and I have demanded a refund.
    Go get a nice Palm logo cut to slap over the HP one.

I know that's not your point, just trying to give you an option.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    bable likes this.
  4.    #44  
    I like the cut out truthfully. But that is misleading since they didn't state that there was a cutout.
    Update - they are so lame they are not interested in making a return customer happy. Refund issued. Let's be clear. I did not WANT a refund, I wanted the product they presented to me and I ordered.

Oh well, they have lost a customer for life. I do not deal with companies who do the bait and switch thing. Make no mistake, that is exactly what this is. Selling something and shipping something different is really pretty close to the definition of fraud.
    I was just looking on their site. Not sure if it's updated but now showing a cutout with both a clear and textured part for the logo so looks like there is an option for everyone.
    I am now officially upset.
    After reading that Skinomi decided to cut out the hole in back for the logo, I sent them an email to make sure mine did NOT have the hole. They replied that all of them have the hole cut.
    I'm glad I decided to not order a full skin then. I've been eyeballing a GelaSkin and the price of the Skinomi was really tempting, but the hole in the back would have ****ed me off too. Apple can have that trend all to itself for all I care. I did get the screen protector though because I'm using some jankey universal one that's functional yet ugly as sin.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Got a shipping notification today, so it looks like they're finally going out.
    Just to make sure I'm understanding this. Is the whole on all their back skins or just the carbon fiber one? Putting it on one of the wood ones would be even worse than the fiber one. Also is the circle just clear or is it literally open to the device? If it's open I will definitely return it, I'm buying this to protect the device, and the center of the back is the most likely to scratch.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Got my notification today also , if they do have the hole in back, im returning it , the hole will only be a dust magnet and eventually lead to it starting to lift. Also when or if you decide to remove the film of course any buffing will be high lighted where the hole was looking like crap (a nice circle of scatches and buffing)

Per the website it had no hole , just the phantom skinz one i had purchased.

*****just noticed something in the "Included" no body seemed to mention here??
    its comes with some type of Logo cover up*****************************

Included:

• HP TouchPad Dark Wood Skin Protector
    • HP TouchPad Screen Protector
    • 2 Logo Protectors (Clear And Dark Wood)
    • 1 Installation Squeegee (for screen protector)
    • 1 Bottle of Application Solution (for screen protector)
    • Installation Instructions
    • Lifetime Warranty

So will have to see what these look like my experience has been anywhere there is a seam etc on this type of cover, its a potential lift area, having it on the back makes in worse in my opinion especially if your taking the TP in an out of a pocket styled case
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/14/2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    *****just noticed something in the "Included" no body seemed to mention here??
    its comes with some type of Logo cover up*****************************
    That's what I was trying to point out 4 posts ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I was just looking on their site. Not sure if it's updated but now showing a cutout with both a clear and textured part for the logo so looks like there is an option for everyone.
    I don't know why that guy was freaking out... I love that they give you the option to cover the logo or show it with the included clear cover. Pretty cool in my opinion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ss70chevelle View Post
    I don't know why that guy was freaking out... I love that they give you the option to cover the logo or show it with the included clear cover. Pretty cool in my opinion!
    Agreed. Seems to be quite a number of folks in the "firesale" wave of touchpad owners (of which I am part) who are quite easily (sometimes dramatically) upset, even with free stuff! Seem to have never heard to not sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff,
    sdb1011 likes this.
  14.    #54  
    Is there any chance they added the option after customers started complaining? I don't remember the option when I first posted this thread but in all honesty I wasn't looking very hard at the options.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Agreed. Seems to be quite a number of folks in the "firesale" wave of touchpad owners (of which I am part) who are quite easily (sometimes dramatically) upset, even with free stuff! Seem to have never heard to not sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff,
    If you think it is OK to just bend over and accept whatever someone decides to give you (regardless of what you ordered) then you will absolutely get what you deserve, just about every time. That's OK, many of us need employees like you who are that easy-going. Good for you.

BTW, the cover is not free so your comment is ridiculous on the face of it.
    And your passive-aggressive attempt fails with us Type A people.

Does anyone really think that a cutout hole with the hole put back in will look even remotely good? Really? I would not want to see your home if you do.

Regardless of what is shown there now, a seamless back cover is what was shown and described clearly and they chose to substitute something else. Not a huge deal for me in the end as it saves me money. But I will not be visiting their site again. And from what I see and hear, they will be getting a few (maybe more) returned - just watch.
    If you think it is OK to just bend over and accept whatever someone decides to give you (regardless of what you ordered) then you will absolutely get what you deserve, just about every time. That's OK, many of us need employees like you who are that easy-going. Good for you.

Does anyone really think that a cutout hole with the hole put back in will look even remotely good? Really? I would not want to see your home if you do.

Regardless of what is shown there now, a seamless back cover is what was shown and described clearly and they chose to substitute something else. Not a huge deal for me in the end as it saves me money. But I will not be visiting their site again. And from what I see and hear, they will be getting a few (maybe more) returned - just watch.
    It's one thing to not be satisfied with their product, but you act as if some great injustice has been done to you.
    Btw... Phantomskinz sells the full back covers that have the hp logo covered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    It's one thing to not be satisfied with their product, but you act as if some great injustice has been done to you.
    Btw... Phantomskinz sells the full back covers that have the hp logo covered.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip - decided not to use a skin at all - got a NICE case instead.

As to injustice:

"Whatever the human law may be, neither an individual nor a nation can commit the least act of injustice against the obscurest individual without having to pay the penalty for it."
    Henry David Thoreau

And of course:

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
    Martin Luther King Jr.
    I have disputed products not as advertised before and rarely had a problem, it happens. I just don't see the need to get worked up or insulting. And yes, everyone needs employees who can stay rational and calm when things go wrong IMHO, agreed,

The comment about free stuff was more general with regard to free software, promo codes, that sort of thing which there have been many complaints of in these forums lately. It was not meant to refer to this deal but agreed that the intention of my comments could have been more clear. But on the other hand I didn't address it directly to you either. Our ideas of what passive-aggressive and type A behavior are seem to differ.

My opinion of a small cutout which, as has been stated, comes with an optional cover, is being extrapolated to my entire home? I like the change, seems meant to accommodate having it either way which I like. If you disagree then clearly you can take it up with the seller since it was not as advertised I agree. I passed on it originally but reconsidering it now.

I saw the original back cover and it changed, agree about that also. Maybe they'll still send you the originally advertised version that you want.
    I'll tell everyone right now, Skinomi handles customer issues FAR better than Phantomskinz. I will complain if I don't get a seamless back, but I probably won't return it. Phantomskinz horrible support has put me completely off with them, even if they do have a single piece back. After doing more research I also suspect their skins won't last as long as the Skinomi/Zagg do.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
    I'll tell everyone right now, Skinomi handles customer issues FAR better than Phantomskinz. I will complain if I don't get a seamless back, but I probably won't return it. Phantomskinz horrible support has put me completely off with them, even if they do have a single piece back. After doing more research I also suspect their skins won't last as long as the Skinomi/Zagg do.
    had the opposite experience with phantom skins, your just upset because of a deal came up 1 week after your purchase on the skinomi and phantom skins refused to match it and said return the product if your not happy, that's their right get over it.

Regarding your research, the material used by phantom skins is a 3m film(the best), so tell me what does skinoni/Zagg use and why is it better
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/15/2011 at 01:17 PM.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast