Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    saw these skins listed using the seahorss app. Bought the dark wood combo. Too bad hp circle isn't visible, and I doubt my ability to cut a perfect circle.
    they always make these things look easy to do in the videos
    Why advertise for the company that abandoned the device?
    I am actually glad it covers the logo.
    Bockscar likes this.
    I agree, the logo is tacky as well, and I have a gtablet so that's saying something
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
    I agree, the logo is tacky as well, and I have a gtablet so that's saying something
    You said it. My G-tablet proudly wears a full skin in dark woodgrain. And rocks the FlashBack HoneyComb ROM.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    This screen protectors aren't anti-glare right?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I bought the full body skin for less than $10.

I heard this is way better than Zagg. My wife's ipad uses zagg and I super hate it. It's not smooth.

I hope this is different.
    Thanks OP, I think I will have to pick up a couple screen protectors at that price.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Thanks OP, I think I will have to pick up a couple screen protectors at that price.
    No problem. Have you ever taken off a screen protector before? I am looking to take off the current one I have and buy on of these to put on. Thanks.
    Sorry never have, our Original Pres still have their 2 year old screen protector on em. Have a griffin that's been sitting at the house for over a month that hasn't gone on the TP and still haven't bought em for the Veers.

They quality ones aren't supposed to be bad to pull off though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    This screen protectors aren't anti-glare right?
    Anyone?
  10.    #30  
    Anyone?
    I believe you are correct based on reviews of people that owned Skinomis. From my experience most screen protectors are not anti-glare unless it is stated. It is a selling point for companies to say it is anti-glare so I would think that most companies would advertise it as such. So if it doesn't say it, it would be a safe bet that it is not anti-glare. Sorry I couldn't give you a for sure answer.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    I have Skinomi on both my Pre+ and Touchpad. I do not think they are anti-glare, but after doing a couple of searches, am not positive I know how to tell the difference. The screen protectors do not seem to change to quality of the images on the screen, so I do not think they are anti-glare. They help hide fingerprints.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    how easy is it to install on the touchpad
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    how easy is it to install on the touchpad
    It is very easy to install. Try not to touch the side that attaches to the screen after you have removed the protective backing too much. It goes on pretty smoothly from the start. Use the enclosed applicator to smooth out the big air bubbles. You will probably have a few spots that left that are not perfect, but they will disappear in a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    No problem. Have you ever taken off a screen protector before? I am looking to take off the current one I have and buy on of these to put on. Thanks.
    Assuming it's like Zagg, just peel it off slowly. It shouldn't leave any residue. I've removed several over the years and it was no big deal. YMMV.

Pro tip: put your skin on in a steamy bathroom to minimize dust.
    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/13/2011 at 06:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    It is very easy to install. Try not to touch the side that attaches to the screen after you have removed the protective backing too much. It goes on pretty smoothly from the start. Use the enclosed applicator to smooth out the big air bubbles. You will probably have a few spots that left that are not perfect, but they will disappear in a day.
    and im assuming use the water method spray bottle and all that jazz. wish someone was in the DC area that could do this for me for a small fee, lol
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Any of you guys received any shipment info from the company? I haven't received anything yet.
    I haven't received anything other than confirmation email. Do you think it is safe to install the skinomi screen protector using the liquid spray? I have a feeling that the liquid might sip in between the case and glass screen.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy8125 View Post
    I haven't received anything other than confirmation email. Do you think it is safe to install the skinomi screen protector using the liquid spray? I have a feeling that the liquid might sip in between the case and glass screen.
    I used the included spray and did not have any problems. You may want to avoid pushing excess liquid into the camera and button holes. If it makes you feel better, have a wash cloth or paper towel to soak up the excess water that gets pushed out to the sides. When I installed mine, it seemed like there was a lot of excess water, but it did not cause any harm. Look on Skinomi's web site or Youtube for a video of the screen protector being installed.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I used the included spray and did not have any problems. You may want to avoid pushing excess liquid into the camera and button holes. If it makes you feel better, have a wash cloth or paper towel to soak up the excess water that gets pushed out to the sides. When I installed mine, it seemed like there was a lot of excess water, but it did not cause any harm. Look on Skinomi's web site or Youtube for a video of the screen protector being installed.
    issue with looking on youtube or the site is, they only show a little tiny cell phone which has never been a problem for me to install a screen protector or anything like that. but the tablet is a whole different ball game for me.
    I am now officially upset.
    After reading that Skinomi decided to cut out the hole in back for the logo, I sent them an email to make sure mine did NOT have the hole. They replied that all of them have the hole cut.
    When I placed my order there was NO MENTION ANYWHERE that there would be a hole in the back. The pictures also DO NOT SHOW A HOLE.
    See for yourselves.

See, that looks smooth and classy. Cutting a hole so you can show the uglyass HP logo is NOT an improvement.

This is absolutely unacceptable and I have demanded a refund.
    brum likes this.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast