Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    I never would have thought of this. Tonight, I'll be working on a hot dog cooker accessory for the touchpad.
    replacement for USB Cup Warmer | IWOOT
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The acase I bought works and there is no metal.
    Very good post though, not everyone thinks about EM fields and not everyone in Mr Science. So your post is worthwhile. Now why a genius, who already knows the issue, is reading the thread and telling us the problem is obvious, is a more interesting subject for Dr. Phil
    Yeah, don't bother with the warnings issued in the manual for the touchstone charger. Come onto the forums to get that.
    <<title updated to clarify>>
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    Yeah, don't bother with the warnings issued in the manual for the touchstone charger. Come onto the forums to get that.
    Manual? What's that?

Signed,
    The male population

"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    FenrirWolf and vella_ like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Manual? What's that?

Signed,
    The male population

I think it has something to do with the Mrs. being away.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Manual? What's that?

Signed,
    The male population

+1 I started to read a manual once, no sex, no violence, I sent it back.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<title updated to clarify>>
    Grassyass senior
    Why is it everytime I visit a Tech forum - there's always a few offensive smart-*****? Such an angry autistic kid stereotype...

Anyway, thank you for the post OP. So basically cases with a magnetic flap closing strip [alot of the premium ones...] and the cheaper eBay rotating case is a no go with the Touchstone.

I got the rotating case too, I think I may remove the button and sacrifice the rotation feature - it irks me how far it digs into the Touchpad anyway...
    Did anyone buy this case? Buy.com - HP Touchpad PU Leather Case (Black) with 3 Way Stand
    Will it work with TS?
    vladoski likes this.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    My case has a magnetic flap but works fine, I just leave the flap open so I can see the screen and all the magnets are 6 inches away from the base. I have noticed that my TP charges faster outside of it's case though...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    Why is it everytime I visit a Tech forum - there's always a few offensive smart-*****? Such an angry autistic kid stereotype...

Anyway, thank you for the post OP. So basically cases with a magnetic flap closing strip [alot of the premium ones...] and the cheaper eBay rotating case is a no go with the Touchstone.

I got the rotating case too, I think I may remove the button and sacrifice the rotation feature - it irks me how far it digs into the Touchpad anyway...
    I did exactly that with mine, don't miss the outer cover at all when in use and it still fits fine for transporting. In regards to the metal, as long as any ferrous metal is kept away from the ts there should be no problem, as with any induction system the metal needs to be in contact or very close to be affected.
    How are the magnets 6" away from the screen when the recieving end would be fairly close for the door to latch on?

Ah and what happens if you place the rotating case backwards so the metal stub faces out and the screen faces the touchstone? Ha
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    I've never had access to a megawatt laser, but I know I don't want to stand in front of one when it's running. It's basic physics.
    everyone knows about lasers because they have been a part of our pop culture for a hundred years. they didn't explain what inductive charging was in the 3 semesters of college physics I had 15 years ago. Or lasers for that matter. They mostly focused on using calculus and other abstract concepts. 99% of people don't know how inductive charging works. This is a good thread. Stop hating.
    vella_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    everyone knows about lasers because they have been a part of our pop culture for a hundred years. they didn't explain what inductive charging was in the 3 semesters of college physics I had 15 years ago. Or lasers for that matter. They mostly focused on using calculus and other abstract concepts. 99% of people don't know how inductive charging works. This is a good thread. Stop hating.
    Rail guns went over too many people's heads I guess!
    vella_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post

"You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? "

lol I crack myself up, this thread was funny.

steep I think we have the same case, mine is brown,with the swivel removable case. I have not messed with the touchstone yet, I charge my tp only when it is almost completely dead, 5% or less, shut down, in the coldest room in our house, I set a timer to remove it after 2 hours, as to not overcharge mine. For me, this helps my battery life... Or maybe it just does in my head. Touchstones still freak me out.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

mistermojorizin likes this.
  17.    #37  
    vella_ yep same case but letting your battery drain so much is not good for it. Lithium batteries don't handle deep discharging well and it can considerably shorten their lives.
    really? I will bump it up to 30 then. Even at 1.7 my tp has great battery life though. Lasts all day with heavy use. But then again I was using it until it reached below 5% I can do 30 though.

edit- ok, I have been following old nicd battery rules, about memory effect. Whoops.

now I know. Thanx guys!
    Last edited by vella_; 09/24/2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Had the same issue with my TouchPad last night. I know I'm real late to the party on this, but I ordered my case off eBay for like $5 (the rotating case with the metal fastener). Too good of a deal to pass up.

Any ideas for safely charging while leaving it in the case? What if I cover it with something non-metallic? Will the EM field still affect the temperature of the metal?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    thats funny becuase i have been using a pre 3 monaco aluminum for a while now and have not had this issue.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast