Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steep
  1.    #1  
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

That's a nice case!

Looking forward to your review
    I have that case already (much cheaper off eBaY) it works well and the detachable inner section is handy. I use it mostly detached, putting the two together only for transporting. One word of warning though, the case is not compatible with the Touchstone, the metal pop stud gets very hot when on the dock.
    vella_ likes this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    not finding it now but someone warned about using the matte screen protectors. These will reduce the sensitivity.
  5.    #5  
    I'm in the health field and my tp goes everywhere with me, I worry about scratching the screen a lot, I don't use the touchstone either, but what sold me on his case was the layers of protection. I tutor biology at a college so the flash cards app is my fave, plus this stand will make it super snazzy to quiz my students, prop it up and point. I have the otter box on some other touchscreen electronics and know screen covers do decrease sensitivity, but I'm guessing i have to take the bad with the good. Better to have to click one or two times verses a scratch that will drive me crazy! It will be here noon tomorrow, this HP case I use now is so crappy.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by josh0875 View Post
    not finding it now but someone warned about using the matte screen protectors. These will reduce the sensitivity.
    its still there

Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    I'm in the health field and my tp goes everywhere with me, I worry about scratching the screen a lot,
    I wouldn't worry about scratching the screen. In my experience, screen protectors are a complete waste of money for devices with screens made of real glass.

The Touchpad screen is made of real glass, (reportedly it's Gorilla Glass, if not, it's a nearly identical hardened glass made by one of Corning's competitors.).

You can run keys and coins across a glass screen without any risk of scratching the screen. My other devices with real glass screens have never had screen protectors and have never scratched a bit. Some of these devices have seen daily use for over a year without even a case.

Screen protectors are probably not a bad idea for devices with plastic screens, but plastic screens are mostly found in cheaper phones. Nearly all tablet screens are made of real glass. In my opinion, screen protectors for real-glass screened devices are largely snake oil.

Your real worry shouldn't be scratches, but drops. Real glass (Gorilla Glass or not) while being tremendously scratch resistant, is not very drop resistant at all.

If you're worried about damage, worry about drops onto hard surfaces and buy a case accordingly.
  8.    #8  
    this is a case within a case, it looks very sturdy.