Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ceejay83
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    So I called in to HP to take care of an issue with a missing USB cord from my box, and also my TP case was starting to become warped by the power and USB plug. The lip of the case in those 2 spots was losing its shape- not a huge deal but figured I'd correct it and get a new one.

We first handled the missing cord and they told me it was normal procedure that when an unopened item is shipped missing something from the box that a new one has to be sent out after they send a prepackaged return box and send it in. That really seems like a waste of money and a lot more hassle plus time without a TP. I explained to her that I had a white 64gb model and to make sure I would get another one and that there was stock to exchange it since my TP was working perfectly. I gave her my model number, product number and serial. She put me on hold to talk with admin services or whoever, and then got back on and setup a replacement order and confirmed my shipping address. A much better solution! Now we got to replacing the case, which is the real kicker... Maybe?

So I assumed they would just send out a replacement with the cord, but she starts off saying now we'll take care of your limited edition case for your white touchpad. At first I thought she just misspoke and referred to it as such because I had a limited version TP. But, she then proceeds to say that I need to ship mine back to HP's Sunnyvale office and gave me a specific person to write attention to on the shipping address. Plus, they gave me a local callback number and fax number and instructed me to either call or fax the shipping information so they can track the package.

I was starting to wonder what was up and so after she finished what to do, I asked if she could give me the part or model number for the case. She first responded that it could be found on the inside of the case or on the box, but I said I didn't have that available to me at the moment, and could she give them to me so I can have all the information and details jotted down with the rest of the information I gathered for the 2 service request orders. She asked me to hold for a few so she could get that for me. After a few minutes she said she was sorry and had been going through her system trying to find it and if I could hold she was going to talk with admin services or whatever again. Three or 4 minutes later she was back and sort of apologized again for the delay and started trying to wrap up the service call, but I asked her if she had the model and part number, and she stated honestly I do not have access to it or it was not showing one that she or the admin services could see in the database?

She was very helpful and I didn't get the impression she was refusing to provide it, and actually once she verified my serial and that I did have the 64gb model she was very helpful and didn't try to just simply repeat that the only solution was to follow their normal complete exchange procedure which would never be a solution and I wouldn't risk sending it in without a replacement already in hand for fear of it not being replaceable and hearing some weak we're really sorry about this but there's nothing we can do bs.

I've had too man CS experiences where the rep will only follow standard procedure even though the circumstances are not normal even if a solution seems obvious and easy for fear of not following orders!

So, I can't confirm this but it seems there is a limited edition case HP intended on offering, otherwise why do I have to specifically put attention to a single person at their Sunnyvale offices? Not to mention they can't find the model or part number for this case but were able to confirm my model, serial, and product number once I provided it to them. The accessories numbers should be available to see in their system, otherwise how did she know get that information for the USB cord? It would make no sense to not give them access to the TP device info but none of the available accessories info can be viewed in the same system for a customer service support line!

it should take 3-5 business days to get the replacement items, and I'm going to send in my case as instructed, so we'll see what shows up, but the 2 separate service ticket orders have been put in and I have the 2 confirmation numbers. I am almost certain this limited edition case does exist, and who know how it will be handled in sending out the new case, but since I'm not waiting on a return mailer pack as they are simply sending out a replacement and I'm supposed to handle shipping mine back I just may actually have one being sent to me?? I thought I'd get an RMA label or something most businesses use to streamline returns, but nope....

So, I very much think this limited edition case is real, but I'd say the chances of me getting one and able to keep it are probably 50/50 at the VERY best...

anyone else out there heard of such a case at all? I love speculation on this stuff and I assure you this is not some long fairy tale or a farse!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Maybe they made a special one for the 3G units that has a cutout to get to the SIM tray?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Maybe they made a special one for the 3G units that has a cutout to get to the SIM tray?
    Ya know, that's a good thought. I didn't think it'd be white unless it was a different material bc that would pick up dirt and look like crap in no time. At the same time if they went to the trouble of making a white one why make another case that's just gonna cover it all up?
    perhaps it needs another cut out for the sim card slot.

personally, I just think it means they aren't making any more and they are out of stock, so the supply is limited to a quantity set aside for warranty claims.
    cliff notes?
    tooearly and alvintoro like this.
    Are you talking about the casing for the Touchpad (ie. the Touchpad itself) or the Official Touchpad Case that goes on the Touchpad?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    my casing is white, the case I'm referring to that she said as some limited edition that is being sent is what I'm talking about. Right now I have the black tp case that fits over the to but they claim to be sending a replacement limited edition one that I presume was intended for the white 64gb tp's?
    Did you ever get your case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Did you ever get your case?
    Or was it just a bit TOO 'limited'?