Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Does anyone know anywhere that has the Pre 3 Touchstone in stock in the UK?
    Part FB338AA#AC3.

I've tried my usual suspects...

Regards,

Andrew
    I'd also quite like to know. Expecting to take delivery of a Pre3 this week, and I'd like a touchstone for it too.
  3. jah
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post

That is the old Touchstone. It is not the Pre 3 Touchstone. The Pre 3 Touchstone is not on the market and probably wont be on the market.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    The touchstone that was made for the pre³ will most likely never even be seen and its definitely not on the market anywhere as of right now . Most people don't even know it ever even existed lol

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    The touchstone that was made for the pre³ will most likely never even be seen and its definitely not on the market anywhere as of right now . Most people don't even know it ever even existed lol

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    have you got a link of a pic/vid for the so called 'real' pre 3 touchstone?
    Last edited by smell; 09/18/2011 at 07:24 AM.
    What is the difference? Comm coil? Stronger magnet? Power output?
    Touchstone V2 was supposed to enable location aware docking. I.e the Phone could be set to launch different exhibition modes when set down on different touchstones.

so far it hasn't surfaced anywhere.

There is no difference between tstones that are advertised for Pre 3 and those that aren't. They all say Palm on the top and work fine.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starsailor View Post
    That is the old Touchstone. It is not the Pre 3 Touchstone. The Pre 3 Touchstone is not on the market and probably wont be on the market.
    Bought an inductive charger for the Pre 3 from Clove.co.uk and works fine
    The Pre 3 Touchstone was going to be a bluetooth audio transmitter as well. Here's the FCC diagram and article.

And it would have been sweet.

Pre 3 Touchstone

The original Palm Touchstone will charge the Pre 3 just fine.
    I would just like to point out that the source for that Ubergizmo article was... *drumroll* a Precentral article. And the source for that Precentral article? A thread here in the forums:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...udio-dock.html

No big deal, but since I know the person that discovered the FCC filing for the Audio Touchstone and started that thread, I figured credit should be given where credit is due. I think it speaks for the community seeing that threads in the forums can actually generate content on other sites. This is certainly not the first time and won't be the last.

Anyway, I don't think the Audio Touchstone for the Pre 3 was ever manufactured. If the part number is 157-10123-00 and it has the Palm logo on it, then it's the same Touchstone we've always had, the one originally made by Palm. The part number for the Audio Touchstone for the Pre 3 is HSTNH-T32C. Googling for that model number finds no places that have it for sale, only articles generated from the original Precentral thread.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    Clove.co.uk is selling Touchstones for £15.00 now. Just ordered one :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
    verizon sells them for 4 bucks man....
    Quote Originally Posted by lu1gj3s View Post
    Clove.co.uk is selling Touchstones for £15.00 now. Just ordered one :-)

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    verizon sells them for 4 bucks man....
    Not in the UK :-) and shipping would take the price through the roof...

Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb