Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Only a few issues with the BT Keyboard.

1. Card View only brings up the cards (still haven't been able to look thru them with the KB)
    2. The "Delete"button works at quick pace, which is hard to get use too.
    3. Every time I type the letters are a little off, that could be cause of my kernel from overclocking to 1.7 or it could be cause of the TP not being use to me typing so much quicker then if it were on screen.
    4. Pandora works with the Keyboard, but Mute does not work, and neither does Rewind (I'm sure these work for individual files uploaded on the the TP tho)

Pros of the BT keyboard
    1. Very well made
    2. Buttons are spaced evenly
    3. Design of the KB is very sleek and modern, a Plus for some and a Negative for some.
    4. I like how it works with the TP, as in card view, and the notifications button.

Will post pictures later on.
    If you have any question later, I will be more then happy to try and figure out the answer for them.
    I like it, no real issues. You forgot about copy/cut/paste, which you can select text(SHIFT+ARROW) but that's about it. I'm not finding the letters off issue you are, I can type fairly quickly. As for delete, try holding SHIFT + DELETE and you will delete one word at a time.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    As sledge has said.

CON
    No Copy and Paste
    No Page Down or Page up (that I know of)
    No Refresh Key (No F5, type key)
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I mentioned befre that it works better on my eee pad transformer. I can back out of apps. Scroll webpages. Go bact to previous pages AND it svrolls my android home screens and it cant even do this for the tablet it was made for. Embarassing

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Pro
    Keyboard has a sleep timer, or Turn off timer (not sure but mine was not able to connect when I left my TP for a few minutes 5-10
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    As sledge has said.

CON
    No Copy and Paste
    No Page Down or Page up (that I know of)
    No Refresh Key (No F5, type key)
    Me three! Oh, the pain! Seems more the fault of WebOS than the keyboard which is good since that is potentially fixable.
    As I said in the title, "It beats the virtual keyboard". All in all, it does allow you to type comfortably. If you have the TP on a stand, in front of the keyboard, the experience is much like a netbook. The keyboard is a bit undersized. If you are writing the great American Novel, then the keyboard is a must-have. Casual users will find themselves taking their hands off the KB and going to the touch screen. Apps don't usually have 'shortcut keys'.

If you can find one for about $35.00 or so, it probably is a good accessory to have.

Patricia in Montgomery, AL
    AB4CT 40 meters CW
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Amazon has some in stock. Since I'm using the touchpad for traveling as well this is nice. But I too wish copy and paste was present
    does the keyboard have directional buttons to maneuver between words? The no cut and paste ability really makes me think twice about the keyboard though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    does the keyboard have directional buttons to maneuver between words? The no cut and paste ability really makes me think twice about the keyboard though.
    It has arrow keys to move around yes. The lack of cut and paste is painful but it's not the fault of the keyboard. So for cutting and pasting you're stuck with the same method you have now (on screen touches). What is vastly improved is the ability to type. I see it as the glass half full and hoping software fixes top it off eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    I mentioned befre that it works better on my eee pad transformer. I can back out of apps. Scroll webpages. Go bact to previous pages AND it svrolls my android home screens and it cant even do this for the tablet it was made for. Embarassing

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Uh, it either doesn't work well on your Transformer or you need spellcheck...or both.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I can't stand it. No function keys, no alt, the cardview button seems useless(can't choose app), and it sticks on random keyssssssssssssssssssss(like that) far too often on my TP and desktop. It may be that I got a bunk one but I'm sending it back and getting a more universal option. Why buy this small but semi-proprietary keyboard when there's much better and usually cheaper options? This is my first negative post but I would warn anyone else looking at this keyboard to decide if they ever might want to use it with another device, in which case it's far from the best option.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    yes it does have arrows and I LOVE my keyboard. I can type just as fast as I normally would on a regular keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I can't stand it. No function keys, no alt, the cardview button seems useless(can't choose app), and it sticks on random keyssssssssssssssssssss(like that) far too often on my TP and desktop. It may be that I got a bunk one but I'm sending it back and getting a more universal option. Why buy this small but semi-proprietary keyboard when there's much better and usually cheaper options? This is my first negative post but I would warn anyone else looking at this keyboard to decide if they ever might want to use it with another device, in which case it's far from the best option.
    sorry to hear that your keys stick, mine work fine.

I don't see how this is "semi-proprietary" though. It works great with an Android tablet as mentioned above, and it works great with my iPad, too. Even the music controls work with the iPad, while the cards key works as the cmd/apple key.

Over all, my biggest complaint is also that copy/paste hot keys don't work, thus the ctrl keys do absolutely nothing. However, this is a webOS issue, not the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Function keys or an alt key would be useless on a touchpad. If you want to use it on a PC as well then this could be an issue. I find the card key useful, keeps me from having to reach up from the keyboard to make a swipe movement or press the center button, either of which would be something of a pain.

There might be better options, but not sure about cheaper. I got mine for about $30, as have others from HP during the last couple of days. An example of a better cheaper choice would make this discussion more useful than just bashing the HP product.

If you want a bluetooth keyboard for the touchpad and can get it form $30 or less, it seems like a very good choice to me. And it worked fine with my wifes iPad as well. It might not be the best option, depends on what you want.

And I've never had a key stick, even as much as a single keystroke, nor read about it happening until your post.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Tough to be a naysayer here... My experience has been much less than satisfactory, but, whatever butters your muffin
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I occasionally get dropped keys, but bluetooth performance at any range inside my house is typically terrible, with 2 2.4ghz routers 6+ wifi devices, and about a dozen devices trying to speak with other devices on Bluetooth all at once. let's see.. maybe more than that. 4 wii controllers + wii, 4 ps3 controllers + ps3, 2 touchpad bluetooth keyboards + 2 touchpads, and at least 4 computers (laptops/desktops/netbooks) that have bluetooth support.. 4 cell phones with bt support, and a printer that i think uses bt also. yeah, we're radio saturated.

*edit: oh yeah and 2 bluetooth earpieces
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Works on Mac Mini, too.
    Card key = apple key
    Symbol key = Option key
    power button works, as do volume and player controls
    first three buttons and brightness controls don't seem to do anything, brightness might work on a device that supports it.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    There might be better options, but not sure about cheaper. I got mine for about $30, as have others from HP during the last couple of days. An example of a better cheaper choice would make this discussion more useful than just bashing the HP product.

If you want a bluetooth keyboard for the touchpad and can get it form $30 or less, it seems like a very good choice to me. And it worked fine with my wifes iPad as well. It might not be the best option, depends on what you want.
    I bought the HP keyboard at full price because when I went to frys I couldn't find a quality BT keyboard for less than 70. I found some for more than 70 and I found some that were not BT but used a wireless USB (non BT). There was one keyboard that would have been awesome for the home theater PC, but was more than the HP one and wasn't nearly as nice.

So I got the HP one and have been happy with it, bought a second at fire sale prices, intending on returning the full price one, I missed my 30 days on the original, and I am happy having both. One will mostly be for the HTPC(s)
    or if the wife needs it, and the other stays in the netbook bag for when I need to take the TP somewhere where I will want/need the keyboard.

Now just hoping we get some software programming to add a couple more features, like copy and paste. As has been said before, this is a software limitation and not a hardware limitation.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I occasionally get dropped keys, but bluetooth performance at any range inside my house is typically terrible, with 2 2.4ghz routers 6+ wifi devices, and about a dozen devices trying to speak with other devices on Bluetooth all at once. let's see.. maybe more than that. 4 wii controllers + wii, 4 ps3 controllers + ps3, 2 touchpad bluetooth keyboards + 2 touchpads, and at least 4 computers (laptops/desktops/netbooks) that have bluetooth support.. 4 cell phones with bt support, and a printer that i think uses bt also. yeah, we're radio saturated.

*edit: oh yeah and 2 bluetooth earpieces
    Do you walk around your house in RF suits?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast