Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tozz
  • 1 Post By tozz
  • 1 Post By s1241sm
    Okay, I've been hoping, staring, tugging, and pulling at the keyboard battery case for fifteen minutes now. I can't make it open, and there is no manual in the box. I want to be stubborn and figure it out myself, but I also don't want to break it. Could someone give me a hint?
    donnele likes this.
    Hold the keyboard upside-down, and slide the cover to the right to unlock it. Then lift cover up.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    And then LOTS of fun trying to get it back on solidly! I worked on it for two weeks before I got it right. Great accessory anyway.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Hold the keyboard upside-down, and slide the cover to the right to unlock it. Then lift cover up.
    Okay, I followed your instructions and no joy. Should I try to pry the cover off??? Maybe some frustrated Chinese factory working the Touchpad line knowing he was about to be laid off glued the thing on?
    donnele likes this.
    It slides towards the center of the keyboard to open. It only needs to move about a quarter inch before it pops off. If I recall, it appeared that the on/off switch would impede the movement so you might need to coax it gently over the switch. Don't pry it, you'll only wind up breaking the tabs that guide it into place.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchman View Post
    it slides towards the center of the keyboard to open. It only needs to move about a quarter inch before it pops off. If i recall, it appeared that the on/off switch would impede the movement so you might need to coax it gently over the switch. Don't pry it, you'll only wind up breaking the tabs that guide it into place.
    thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    Push only on the top piece where the off/on switch is located and not the whole battery encasement, only the thin top half slides off to the left.
    It's easier with the off/ on switch switched off to the left so that it doesn't interfere with the top sliding off.
    Quote Originally Posted by troublekid View Post
    Push only on the top piece where the off/on switch is located and not the whole battery encasement, only the thin top half slides off to the left.
    It's easier with the off/ on switch switched off to the left so that it doesn't interfere with the top sliding off.
    So that's the ON/OFF switch?! Thank you! I thought it was the battery release lever. Maybe I can eventually get this thing to work without the manual?
    Quote Originally Posted by tozz View Post
    So that's the ON/OFF switch?! Thank you! I thought it was the battery release lever. Maybe I can eventually get this thing to work without the manual?
    There should have been a "manual" in the box. I wasn't recalling just how large the battery compartment was while I was entering my previous reply at work, so my "slide to the center" comment doesn't seem to make much sense. With the on/off switch on the right, slide the cover to the left as one of the other posters has already noted.

I'm somewhat surprised that HP didn't include an on/off indicator on the battery cover, so I taped a piece of paper with a "0" and a "1" to the bottom of my keyboard to remember the on/off positions of the switch.
    @OP I wonder if you got a used keyboard. There should be a manual inside the BT keyboard. Mine came with one...

Regarding the on-off switch: cost cutting. It's lame I know. Would it kill them to put some visual cue to indicate which side of the switch is on vs. off? Anyhow, an easy way to know is that when you slide the switch to the on position when pairing via BT, you will see a flashing green light where the switch is (again, there's no way to tell that there's a light there unless you know to look or have/read the instruction manual). The other way to remember is that sliding the switch toward the center of the keyboard = ON and away = OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by tozz View Post
    thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    Boy they are not kidding - I got the manual- but needed to look(&Pray) I found my answer here! LOL- I had to agree with this quote also at some point!

Maybe some frustrated Chinese factory working the Touchpad line knowing he was about to be laid off glued the thing on? <LOL!!! For sure!
    No ****, I thought it was me lol
    Regards,

CJ

pre-/touchpad 32g / pre 3
    donnele likes this.