Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Seauxcrazy
  • 1 Post By Nightburn
  1.    #1  
    I just want to say i don't recommend getting a matte finish screen protector unless you like a blurry screen. I received one today and put it on and it just takes all the prettiness of the screen away. I'm trying to get my money back or get a clear one. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
    Would probably help if you stated what brand you got, etc....

Good luck getting your money back, you bought a matte screen protector and complaining it takes away the prettiness lol.
    brum likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Posrus from Amazon. $12.99 with shipping. Its total junk. Has a scratch on it and bubbles galore. I really just want something to make fingerprints less noticeable.
  4.    #4  
    actually under the item description it doesn't say matte finish, just anti-glare anti-fingerprint. Maybe I should have known better but I want a refund because its junk.
  5.    #5  
    they were nice enough to give me a refund.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm interested in the matte protectors. I got one for my HTC Legend, it was garbage but I saw one on a SGSII which looked great. I think it depends on how they do the matte finish.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I'm using a matte finish and it's beautiful...of course I had the kids in the store install it since they do it all day long. Can't recall the brand unfortunately.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    thanks for the update - I have been wanting a non-glare finish, but I wasn't sure of how effective it would be.
    Love my matte screen.

Btw, you can't complain about bubbles under the protector as a fault of the protector lol, that's user error.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have a Clarivue anti glare on my Touchpad. And yes, it makes the screen look less crisp (like a regular laptop screen), but finally I can use the Touchpad outside of a dark room.
    So worth every penny.
    I have a matte screen protector on my TP and love it. Got it from Amazon, this is the one:
    Amazon.com: splash Masque Screen Protector Film Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) for HP TouchPad Touch Pad Tablet (3-Pack): Electronics

mini review

Pros
    - The screen feels better (my finger moves with less effort across the screen)
    - Considerably less glare
    - Less finger prints
    - come with 3, just in case you mess up the install (you will)

Cons
    - The screen isn't quite as vibrant but it's certainly not blurry or anything. A little loss in vibrancy is expected with this type of screen protector.
    - These things are never easy to install

Installation Tips
    - Do the installation in a bathroom after a hot shower to help keep dust down
    - Have scotch tape handy to help remove any specs of dust during installation.
    khue19 likes this.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Totally agree, it is less crisp but the advantages outweight it. the paper-ish texture when reading books is awesome.

I installed 2 of these and had zero dust if u use scotch tape before hand

Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I have a matte screen protector on my TP and love it. Got it from Amazon, this is the one:
    Amazon.com: splash Masque Screen Protector Film Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) for HP TouchPad Touch Pad Tablet (3-Pack): Electronics

mini review

Pros
    - The screen feels better (my finger moves with less effort across the screen)
    - Considerably less glare
    - Less finger prints
    - come with 3, just in case you mess up the install (you will)

Cons
    - The screen isn't quite as vibrant but it's certainly not blurry or anything. A little loss in vibrancy is expected with this type of screen protector.
    - These things are never easy to install

Installation Tips
    - Do the installation in a bathroom after a hot shower to help keep dust down
    - Have scotch tape handy to help remove any specs of dust during installation.
    I have a boxwave anti-glare screen protector installed...it takes some getting used to a matte finish and a less sharp image...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post

Cons
    i'm wondering, does this have to do with the amount of light reduced/filtered from applying the protector? would increasing the backlight intensity help?
    im using the matte one. and i liked it . maybe i kinda used to matte screen.