Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I ordered a Touchstone charger, figuring I'd use it in work and the stock charger at home. Which, I thought, given the battery life of a smartphone, would save me from having to carry the charger around with me.

But the damn thing doesn't come with a charging cable or plug, just the Touchstone base unit.

I feel cheated, I'm now no better off than I was.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    So I ordered a Touchstone charger, figuring I'd use it in work and the stock charger at home. Which, I thought, given the battery life of a smartphone, would save me from having to carry the charger around with me.

But the damn thing doesn't come with a charging cable or plug, just the Touchstone base unit.

charger and cable pretty cheap now look on ebay,package debuted at 70 and even A year ago I think was 40
    Got to amazon.com... I have bought several:

http://amzn.to/nHvlbE

Examples:
    Touchstone: 3.70
    Back covers: 3.99
    Wall adaptor & cable: 3.71
    Battery: 2.23
    Touchstone, charger and cable: 13.57
    That's the US amazon site. Not available in the UK.

Touchstone docks seem to be going for about 20 ($32) in the UK.
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, that's even better than I've been doing on ebay.

New HP Palm Pre Pixi Wall Charger + Micro USB Cable | eBay

They don't ship outside the US, though.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Ah. Here you go.

Palm USB AC Wall Adapter Charger for Pre Treo Pro 800w | eBay

Ugh. $10 shipping to the UK, though.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Is it me? I have two Touchstones, each came with the charger and plug. The cord isn't even a regular USB, it isn't removable from the rear of the Touchstone. Is that not how they all arrive>
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post

Yeah, thats how they come, people who sell them usually are good enough to make a note of it.

Its fine, just use the charger that came with your phone with the touchstone (as the MicroUSB plastic needs to fit into the recessed socket) and then buy any usb charger with micro usb.

Theres nothing special about it, as long as it supplies usb (5V) and has enough power rating (just about any charger), it'll work. Cheap as chips

Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Is it me? I have two Touchstones, each came with the charger and plug. The cord isn't even a regular USB, it isn't removable from the rear of the Touchstone. Is that not how they all arrive>
    Ahh cool, I've not heard of these before.

By the way, has anyone found that charging a pre3 on a touchstone, once fully charged, it fluctuates between charging and not charging. Means I have to take it off the dock to prevent it buzzing/beeping every minute
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    That's the US amazon site. Not available in the UK.

Touchstone docks seem to be going for about 20 ($32) in the UK.
    Play.com is selling the dock for 14.99. But as per my post, it's just the dock.

You need a cable and plug to go with it. Seems like you can pick them up from Amazon pretty cheaply, thanks all.
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    You are referring to the TouchPad Touchstone. This is in the Pre3 forum, so I assume the OP is looking for the phone Touchstones.
    Mine both came separately. I think you can get a bundle, but I dont think they come preconnected.

The USB will unplug, but it is a little stiff. There is even a silver dot to help you get the correct orientation.
    I have cables (palm) on hand ,but it is expensive to give you one as I am in China.
    Here is a link for a charger at Amazon for $3.71 + Free shipping. ->
    Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable

EDIT: Oops, sorry I did not realize the OP was based in UK.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Take your touchstone to your local cheap phone accessories shop, and find one which fits. You should get one for a fiver.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    You are referring to the TouchPad Touchstone. This is in the Pre3 forum, so I assume the OP is looking for the phone Touchstones.
    Yep. I jumped the gun on replying without reading too deeply. Apologies all around....
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I bought a TS with USB cable here: HP Palm Touchstone Charging Dock Pre, Pixi Plus - NEW items in Miami-Deals123 store on eBay!

I use it with my Veer. I had to use the US wallplug with a convertor to EU, because with a normal iPhone EU USB wallplug the Veer wouldn't charge.
  18. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    They used to have loads for sale online until the eBuyer 149 Pre2 deal got very popular a couple of months ago when they all got snapped up. Now they're only available from the shops themselves and not by mail order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    They used to have loads for sale online until the eBuyer 149 Pre2 deal got very popular a couple of months ago when they all got snapped up. Now they're only available from the shops themselves and not by mail order.
    My local apparently has 1-3 in stock so I'll duck in next time I'm down that way.

Otherwise it looks like Play is the best option for UK buyers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast