Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Hi,

I know some of you guys have this kb and have been able to pair it with the TP.

What are your impressions of it after some time with it?

I'm looking for a good mobile sized bt kb for my TP and considering all options available.

Please let me know how has it working for those who have it.

Thanx!
    I was planning to pair it with my MS6000 ... but then one of the sales hit and I snagged the HP TouchPad keyboard for a good $10 less ... sadly ALL my TouchPad orders were canceled at various places.

Had they not been canceled I could have given you a direct comparison :/
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Mmm no one else?
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Hi,

I know some of you guys have this kb and have been able to pair it with the TP.

What are your impressions of it after some time with it?

I'm looking for a good mobile sized bt kb for my TP and considering all options available.

Please let me know how has it working for those who have it.

Thanx!
    I had no idea you could even use a mouse with the TP!
    I have used the 6000 with no issues. I bought the TP keyboard from Staples and I still prefer the 6000 if I am doing any extensive typing.

On a different note, why did HP not make the TP with the aluminum backing like the keyboard?
    I have both the MS 6000 and the HP keyboard... but I am still waiting for my Touchpad to arrive from HP SMB. I don't know how well the 6000 works with the Touchpad but it is my favorite keyboard to use with my PC for typing (using it now).

The only thing I really dislike about it is the lack of dedicated Home and End keys. They are shared with the PgUp and PgDn keys and are accessed by pressing the Fn key and those keys. I use Home and End much more than PgUp and PgDn so I actually solved this issue by swapping the key mappings via the registry. PgUp and PgDn now work as Home and End, and I press Fn if I need to use PgUp or PgDn.

Of course none of that probably applies to the Touchpad.

Can't compare it to the HP keyboard yet, as I am waiting till I actually have a Touchpad before I decide to remove it from its packaging.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Just ordered the HP KB from Amazon ($35) so that's that.

Thanx anyways, guys.
    My MS bluetooth 6000 works great. Very good kb for tp.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Well, at the end, I ended up with the 6000 (sent back the damaged TP Keyboard Amazon sent me).

Bought it for $35 @ CompUSA.

Awesome keyboard!

My TP paired easily with it and it works perfectly.

Good looking too.

Really a shame that the HP Keyboard I bought came in a dud, but this one is a great option too IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just looked it up there. With economy shipping, it was $37.98. There is also a version with both a keyboard and a separate number pad. Not useful for the Touchpad, but if you also want it for a computer, might be worth the few extra dollars to get the number pad.

You can find it new on Amazon with the number pad for $41.43 shipped. That's only $3.45 more.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 (scroll down past the featured merchants)
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Well, at the end, I ended up with the 6000 (sent back the damaged TP Keyboard Amazon sent me).

Awesome keyboard!

My TP paired easily with it and it works perfectly.

Good looking too.

Really a shame that the HP Keyboard I bought came in a dud, but this one is a great option too IMO.
    I've been using my HP BT keyboard for a day... works fine... just have to get used to the
    chiclet keys that I normally don't like.

One feature on the HP BT keyboard that I really like is the POWER button, which allows me
    to turn the Touchpad on and off.

Does the Microsoft 6000 keyboard do that? If so, I may end up getting it instead...

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

between the two was one any noticeably larger/smaller?
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    The TP kb is smaller, but not by THAT much.

Maybe 1 inch?

Really don't remember since I already took back the MS kb to CompUSA for a refund.

TP kb is on it's way to me from Amazon.
    The TP kb is smaller, but not by THAT much.

Maybe 1 inch?

Really don't remember since I already took back the MS kb to CompUSA for a refund.

TP kb is on it's way to me from Amazon.
    wait... I thought CompUSA went out of business and closed all the stores many
    years ago. (at least the 4 stores in my area) Are they back in business?
    I have the 6000. I've had it for > a year. Got it for $99. Great keyboard.

Works well with the TouchPad.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I have the 6000. I've had it for > a year. Got it for $99. Great keyboard.

Works well with the TouchPad.
    Does it have a power button that can turn the Touchpad's power on or off?

I like the HP keyboard only because it has that button... but if the MS 6000
    can do the same thing, then I'll get MS KB instead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Does it have a power button that can turn the Touchpad's power on or off?

I like the HP keyboard only because it has that button... but if the MS 6000
    can do the same thing, then I'll get MS KB instead...
    It does not have a power button, and I can't find a button / button combination that turns the screen on or off. It's possible that this could be fixed in a software update, but unlikely.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

TigerDirect took over CompUSA.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

technically it did close down. what remained after bankruptcy got bought by tiger direct. i think tiger direct bought like 5 actual store locations or something, the rest shut down. same thing happened to circuit city. went bankrupt, tiger direct bought the carcass of the company. basically they just paid for the name of the company, in reality it is all tiger direct now.

oh and thanks for the reply about the size difference LeftEye. it looked a little.. wider? but maybe just an optical illusion :P
    tavent likes this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post

oh and thanks for the reply about the size difference LeftEye. it looked a little.. wider? but maybe just an optical illusion :P
    I should be receiving my TP KB today.

I'll take some pictures and post them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast