Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there a PTU, rubber, or silicone shell-type case for the Touchpad?
    (without a flap to cover the screen)

thanks!
    Last edited by roundruler; 09/05/2011 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post

thanks!

Subscribing in hopes for a rubber/silicone/etc. type of case. Ideally, that's what I really want. Even if it's just a rubber/silicone "edging" that goes around the edges would be nice.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    I found a Griffin FlexiGrip iPad 1 case at a local Verizon Wireless store for $5 -- it's a silicone case and fits the TouchPad pretty well. My only complaint is that, like other silicone cases, it can be a bit of a dust/lint magnet.

Here's a youtube review that shows the case from various angles:
    Quote Originally Posted by geekaren View Post
    I found a Griffin FlexiGrip iPad 1 case at a local Verizon Wireless store for $5 -- it's a silicone case and fits the TouchPad pretty well. My only complaint is that, like other silicone cases, it can be a bit of a dust/lint magnet.

Here's a youtube review that shows the case from various angles:

Thanks. After actually using the search feature, I found this:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-pictures.html

It appears that not even the silicone case(s) will fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikimashokie View Post
    I found this silicone case today, I saw somewhere(I think the shipper's website) that it was released 9/9.

I'm torn, I want it, but I've got a full body skin so I don't really need it...

Looks interesting. And it's supposedly, made ONLY for the TP - ie. they're "claiming" it not to be an iPad case.

I'll probably pick one up.
    I found this silicone case today, I saw somewhere(I think the shipper's website) that it was released 9/9.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmfish View Post
    Looks interesting. And it's supposedly, made ONLY for the TP - ie. they're "claiming" it not to be an iPad case.

I'll probably pick one up.
    It was $13 earlier, and dropped to $10, which makes it more tempting, but now I'm being super-cheap and looking for coupon codes. Free shipping would seal the deal.
    It was $13 earlier, and dropped to $10, which makes it more tempting, but now I'm being super-cheap and looking for coupon codes. Free shipping would seal the deal.
    If you find any, please post, would you?

Their website (ishoppingdeals.com) is down on my end, is it so on anyone else's?
    Their website is ishoppingdeals4you.com, here is the package on their page.

I'll let you know if I find any coupons.
    I just ordered a otterbox defence for the ipad1 and i am going to see if i can "customizing" it to fit... it not I will be ordering a silicone case and be done with it..
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan_nick View Post
    I just ordered a otterbox defence for the ipad1 and i am going to see if i can "customizing" it to fit... it not I will be ordering a silicone case and be done with it..
    I was about to order one, but someone in another thread it wouldn't fit at all.

Scroll to post#5 in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Did anyone get this yet? Is the case thick enough to absorb the shock of a fall or is it mainly just for scratch protection and looks?
    I have bought a Griffin Standle eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace no idea if it will work but it was cheap so... keep your fingers crossed.
    I would love an otterbox made for the tp, but with it being discontinued the chances are slim to none.
    I too was interested in the silicone case sold by iShoppingdeals because it says that it is made for the TouchPad. However the screen protectors that come with it SAY they are made for TouchPad in the title, but in the description for the screen protectors it says "Compatible With Toshiba Thrive 10.1 Inch ONLY (Digital Device Not Included)". So I am wondering if the case is also a Toshiba Thrive case.

Here is the link
    iShoppingdeals - for HP TouchPad 9.7 Inch 16/32 GB Tablet Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-Glare, Matte Finishing Screen Protector (2 Packs)

EDIT: It looks like they just copied the description from one of their other items. I can not find this case anywhere else under a different device listing. So perhaps this is a real deal honest to goodness HP TouchPad case. At $9.99 it is pretty tempting.

EDIT #2: I decided to order one. I should receive it between Sept. 19th - Sept. 22nd. If no one has reviewed it by then, I will post my first impressions and if necessary a detailed review.
    Last edited by TRB4; 09/13/2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Updated information
    The kit with the case says for TP only, and I have a screen protector, so I'd probably sell those off or something. The case pictures show a TP and the case has the proper holes cut out.

The Thrive protectors also have a different SKU than the TP protectors, so I'd venture to figure it's a bit of product description copy-paste gone wrong.

If/when it hits $6.99 again, I'll buy it and post the results.

(Price of kit: Y U no drop again?!)
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Let me know how this goes. I would be curious to learn if this would be an easy or hard mod.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by nissan_nick View Post
    The Toshiba is quite a bit longer and narrower at 272x175 instead of 240x190 for the TP so hopefully the difference would be obvious even in the photos.

Ref the Griffin standle I posted about above, it's about 0.5-1mm too thin and won't clip together but the back piece is very thick heavy duty plastc so maybe I can grind it down if I feel the urge.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I think you mean "tpu" case. If that is so then that is what I need to. Just like the one they sell for cell phones it is thicker then the thin silicone cases and is kinda like rubber. I am sick of the folio case already. the best would be a tpu case with a elastic strap on the back that I could slide my hand into so I could hold the tp like one of those beach game paddles.
    I should be receiving my case from iShoppingDeals either today or tomorrow. Can't wait to review it for you all. By the way, has anyone found any other good looking TouchPad specific Silicone/TPU cases yet?
    Last edited by TRB4; 09/16/2011 at 07:43 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast