Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Trodecke
  • 1 Post By thatdude90210
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if I could get ANY bluetooth keyboards?

I need help now that HP.com is sold out.
    You don't really have to have an HP keyboard. I believe pretty much any BT KB will work. I happened to have an Apple KB and it works fine.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Clodrock and 3138NV like this.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    The Logitech keyboard (Android 3.0 version) works fine though pairing is kind of a pain-in-the-****. You need to find out what the 6-digit code is and then it needs to be entered 2 times every time you pair it with your TP! But trodecke is right, almost any BT will work. I prefer the HP BT keyboard because of its special webOS buttons, though plus pairing is virtually seamless.
    Last edited by Clodrock; 09/05/2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    You don't really have to have an HP keyboard. I believe pretty much any BT KB will work. I happened to have an Apple KB and it works fine.
    Can you tell me how your paired it with the Apple keyboard?
    HP's small & med business division appears to have their touchpad keyboard in stock for $39.99. It's under computing accessories>input devices>keyboards>wireless keyboards.
    3138NV likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zandroid View Post
    Can you tell me how your paired it with the Apple keyboard?
    It took me a couple of tries to figure it out.

1) Put the Apple keyboard in discovery mode
    2) Open the Bluetooth app on your TP and take the option to add a device
    3) When the TP finds the keyboard select it by touching it
    4) The TP asks you to enter the digits for your keyboard. This is where I got hung up. You can type any 8 digits you want to but I recommend typing 1 thru 8, then press Enter on your TP.
    5) Enter the same 8 digits on your Apple keyboard then press Enter on the keyboard.

You should now have a synced keyboard.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    I bought one off of ebay for 49.99 shipped. It was the cheapest one I could find... I've been spending too much money lately

4) The TP asks you to enter the digits for your keyboard. This is where I got hung up. You can type any 8 digits you want to but I recommend typing 1 thru 8, then press Enter on your TP.
    5) Enter the same 8 digits on your Apple keyboard then press Enter on the keyboard.

I think you can just press one button, like "1", then 1 and enter on the keyboard..worked for my logitech playstation one
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

thanks I'll give that a try!
    hi guys, i have an extra keyboard that i ordered from hp.com. paid 40, will sell it at cost and 5 bucks for priority mail...let me know if you are interested. thanks!
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Can you sync your Apple BT keyboard with the Touchpad?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Amazon has them in stock by amazon. 34.99 shipped