Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've already found my case for my TouchPad, but I figured I'd let you know about this deal. Looks like a decent nylon case and for not a bad price.

Incipio HP TouchPad KICKSTAND Nylon Case, HP TouchPad Cases, HP TouchPad Accessories, HP TouchPad Carrying Cases, HP TouchPad Premium Cases, HP TouchPad Sleeves, HP TouchPad Nylon Cases

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    personally don't like the fact the bezel area is covered
    I like it, what is the bezel area?
    The bezel is the area around the screen....and it is important on a TouchPad because that is where you start the card minimizing gesture...so you don't ever have to hit the physical "home" button to switch between apps. Once you learn that gesture, you'll never hit that physical button again. Thus, any case that obscures the bezel is a non-starter for me.

It's a bummer that many folks who are new to WebOS may get such a case and never discover that gesture. There are many such cases now advertising as TouchPad cases...but unless it holds the unit from the side (like the OEM case) or just on the corners, it isn't a good match for the TouchPad IMHO.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Notice the important part around the bottom and sides screen is exposed -they apparently recognized the card-swipe gesture was important enough to expose the 3/8" area around the screen edge used for it. The TouchPad does not have sensors in the bezel, unlike the BB PlayBook - that's why the half-bezel coverage isn't a big deal, unlike the Pre 3.

The swipe motion seems to be detected at the touchscreen's edge when you swipe from there - not by capacitive sensors in the bezel. Try it sometime. The newbies to webOS aren't going to miss out on that gesture with a case like this one - it'll be the old users too used to the Pre's who would.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    This happens to be on woot deals, here is a coupon code for $2.25 off " FBFAN2011 ".

There is also a free shipping option, so should come out to $12.74 shipped.

I just ordered mine, can't wait. Looks good, especially the given space for the gesture area compared to other cases.
    Thanks Jonavalon, deal still works with that code, just ordered one $12.55 free shipping
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seauxcrazy View Post
    I've already found my case for my TouchPad, but I figured I'd let you know about this deal. Looks like a decent nylon case and for not a bad price.

Incipio HP TouchPad KICKSTAND Nylon Case, HP TouchPad Cases, HP TouchPad Accessories, HP TouchPad Carrying Cases, HP TouchPad Premium Cases, HP TouchPad Sleeves, HP TouchPad Nylon Cases
    Thanks! I bought a black and a gray one. The discount code worked too. Thanks Jonavalon too
    it looks like the light sensor is covered with this case. (see top right) Should be an easy fix.
    Last edited by Ryknown; 09/04/2011 at 04:29 PM.
  9.    #9  
    You're welcome guys, I'm a new member, but love this place. I'll do anything to help
    Thanks heaps everyone, including Jonavalon for the discount code. I ordered 4 to be shipped to New Zealand, international shipping had to be the most reasonable i'd ever seen from a US company, even though I already have official HP case I though i'd see how this one shaped up.

Thanks once again!
    Looks nice and I see some bezel openings that should work and would appreciate some feedback when someone gets one. Thanks, Sorli...
    hey guys,

people are posting on slickdeals that they are selling ipad case for touchpad

Incipio HP Touchpad case $12.74 + free shipping - Slickdeals.net
    --------
    THIS WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR THE HP TOUCHPAD
    THE TITLE SHOULD BE CHANGED TO CASE FOR IPAD1
    THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE HP TOUCHPAD HERD

Warning: Most cases designed for iPad1 won't fit snugly with touchpad.

---------
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    The bezel is the area around the screen....and it is important on a TouchPad because that is where you start the card minimizing gesture...so you don't ever have to hit the physical "home" button to switch between apps. Once you learn that gesture, you'll never hit that physical button again. Thus, any case that obscures the bezel is a non-starter for me.

It's a bummer that many folks who are new to WebOS may get such a case and never discover that gesture. There are many such cases now advertising as TouchPad cases...but unless it holds the unit from the side (like the OEM case) or just on the corners, it isn't a good match for the TouchPad IMHO.
    I'm new to webOS and had no idea what gestures you were talking about until you mentioned it. Its a useful gesture that I would have never known about.

here is a link for the noobs like me.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...d-gesture.html
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aagouti View Post
    hey guys,

people are posting on slickdeals that they are selling ipad case for touchpad

Incipio HP Touchpad case $12.74 + free shipping - Slickdeals.net
    --------
    THIS WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR THE HP TOUCHPAD
    THE TITLE SHOULD BE CHANGED TO CASE FOR IPAD1
    THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE HP TOUCHPAD HERD

Warning: Most cases designed for iPad1 won't fit snugly with touchpad.

---------
    There's a Griffin Elan Folio which strongly disagrees with that statement.

As it is, this looks like they did take the initial iPad 1 pattern, then redid the bezel area to allow fat (or not-so-fat) fingers to move past the screen edge for the gesture functions to work. About the only thing I'd be concerned with is that the light sensor appears to be covered... since that's on the corner to the right of the power button. Still looks fixable, though.

The BIG difference, from what I've seen with the iPad 1 and the TouchPad is the rounded edges of the TP, and the deeper curve of the back... oh, and the less-square corners. Most iPad 1 cases that cover at least part of the bezel should hold the TouchPad okay.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i really like the look of this but i dont like how you can basically only adjust it to 1 position
    i know that it would defeat the purpose of that document flap if it was segmented, so i guess its just wishful thinking
    Has anyone received one of these yet? I have been reading the posts on the slickdeals.net forum and some people are complaining that it is really an ipad case and that it doesn't fit right or close right. Is that really the case? I was just about to buy one before I read this.
    looks nice. i dont like the exposed corners tho
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    Has anyone received one of these yet? I have been reading the posts on the slickdeals.net forum and some people are complaining that it is really an ipad case and that it doesn't fit right or close right. Is that really the case? I was just about to buy one before I read this.
    Mine just barely shipped today, I'll let you guys know how it is when it arrives.

I was somewhat bummed to read that slickdeals thread, but its no biggie since I was gonna pick up a leather iPad 1 case anyways. It should be fine though, maybe not perfect but should do well enough.
    You don't need to start the swipe gesture in the bezel area, just near the edge of the screen where it meets the bezel.

The case looks good, better than the official one IMO.
    Cancelled Both my orders after Incipio told me that it is a Universal Case that works with both the iPad and the TouchPad. Incipio's Design Team was also able to tell me that the light sensor is blocked on this case.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast