Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    So the one thats 14.99 on their website is the real Touchpad version?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    So the one thats 14.99 on their website is the real Touchpad version?
    yep that's the new version.

looks good, although can't tell if they adjusted the inside corners a little bit or not.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just received my replacement cases (black and gray versions). The case is still missing a hole for the light sensor if that matters. You'll need to disable the ambient light sensor if you use this case (or, cut the hole yourself). I'll give Incipio a call (or, email) and ask about it.

The last version of this case fit fine for me; I'm sure this new design will work fine too. I'll try to upload some photos later tonight if anyone wants to see the new design.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Mine just arrived and so far great!. Sure as said above there is no sensor hole but that doesn't really bother me much since i rather adjust the brightness it myself. But otherwise they made the proper revisions for everything else. The mic, headphone jack, camera, home and lock button and yay they even did the speakers. Also the inside corners and edges have been revised as well, so none of it is covering the screen or being annoying.

Comparing with the ipad case it seems even more secure when its in stand mode.

Here are some pics to compare with the ones i posted on page 3.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Looks like they fixed everything I grumbled about in my email to them... right down to the corners sticking out too far over the screen. No ambient light sensor hole, but oh well.

Did they offer you a coupon in your package?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    The coupon was emailed a while back.
    i forgot to ask this before i purchased, so i guess i will find out in about a week......):

but, for people who got this and the touchstone, how well does this work with it? it looks like you could even slide the touchstone under the teepee when used as a stand. but will heat be an issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus001 View Post
    i forgot to ask this before i purchased, so i guess i will find out in about a week......):

but, for people who got this and the touchstone, how well does this work with it? it looks like you could even slide the touchstone under the teepee when used as a stand. but will heat be an issue?
    it will work with the Touchstone as long as you place it with the two extra flaps behind the TS. This way it sits securely.
    i got my case yesterday. super fast shipping, chose the free standard, took only 3 days instead of the 5-7 the quoted. and with the coupon that is floating around, only cost a hair less than $thirteen.

i am very pleased with the case. it fits great over the touchpad. everything is accessible. swiping from the bezel works in all orientations. charging with the touchstone works (although is seems more sturdy in landscape than portrait). the fabric and materials probably need some time to break in, but overall, a great addition to my touchpad.

and i am comfortable with the added bulk some people complain about. it gives me some piece of mind knowing my device will be well protected.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    it will work with the Touchstone as long as you place it with the two extra flaps behind the TS. This way it sits securely.
    Mine (3.0.4) charges, speakers down resting on case spine, screen showing with the cover back laying flat on the desk extended in front of the touchstone.
    I just received the Incipio Kickstand case a few days ago, and so far I'm a little "so-so" on it. The fit of the case is a little too loose, and the TP likes to slide around in it while I'm finding that perfect angle for reading. Also, like in one of the pictures above, you can see where the side curls up away from the screen on the right side (or the top, if you are looking at it in landscape.
    Maybe it's just mine, but does anyone else have a very loose fit?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanhou View Post
    I just received the Incipio Kickstand case a few days ago, and so far I'm a little "so-so" on it. The fit of the case is a little too loose, and the TP likes to slide around in it while I'm finding that perfect angle for reading. Also, like in one of the pictures above, you can see where the side curls up away from the screen on the right side (or the top, if you are looking at it in landscape.
    Maybe it's just mine, but does anyone else have a very loose fit?
    Only on the iPad 1 version, not the current one. It's much tighter, and doesn't slide around the way it describes. It's more like the second set of shots than what you mentioned here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
    Only on the iPad 1 version, not the current one. It's much tighter, and doesn't slide around the way it describes. It's more like the second set of shots than what you mentioned here.
    Not so sure... The cutouts march the TP design, made especially apparent by the trapezoidal home key notch - the iPad cases had round bezel cuts to match the round buttons. Perhaps mine was an iPad case that was cut and restitched?

Moot point for now. As mentioned before, Incipio's customer service is top notch - they're sending me a return label and replacement case, after I emailed them about the poor fit. I'd really like to give the Kickstand another try... The only other case I wanted was the Acase leather case, but I don't like the way it clasps to the corners of the TP... I can just picture breaking off a corner while trying to set the TP upright in easel mode.
    Mine's also VERY loose ... not super pleased with the quality of it, either.
    Well...

Received the replacement case, and... slightly better fit, but still too loose. The TP doesn't slide around in the pouch behind the bezel like the first case did, but it's still not very tight - folding the case into the "easel" to have it stand up makes the bezel curl away from the TP at the top if I have it at my preferred angle (screen at about 60 deg from horizontal), leaving a sizable gap... see jonavalon's next-to-last picture, only mine is much more pronounced (I can slide my finger easily in between the TP and the bezel). Because of this, I can't touch-type on the screen without the whole assembly wobbling back and forth, and that pretty much kills the reason for having a folding-style case versus a sleeve or portfolio.

Nonetheless, Incipio's C/S is still tops... I let them know that the Kickstand just wasn't for me, and they sent an RMA right away... no questions asked.

In the meantime, my lovely wife had bought the Targus Truss case, to see if that would work any better. Can't use the touchstone (see the other thread about the Targus case), but since the TP is fairly easy to remove from the case, I don't mind the loss. The case is much sturdier and holds the TP at the 60 degree angle perfectly - no wobble. For only about $5 more than the Kickstand, I'm happy.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234