Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    could you possibly take some pics of how badly the fake one fits the touchpad?

thanks
    Here i took some of mine

Technically speaking it fits just fine, main con is the headphone jack and the speakers . The lock button is only slightly covered, and yes the sensor is covered.

I do hate that bump flare design on the inside corners that cover the screen. So i hope they revise that, but other than that its a pretty good case. Edit: oh yea the upper bezel area there does slightly cover / hover over the screen. Not by much but can get in the way. So they better revise that as well.
    Last edited by jonavalon; 09/11/2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonavalon View Post
    I do hate that bump flare design on the inside corners that cover the screen. .
    thanks for the pictures. yeah i was about to comment about that too. i think on their website it looked like it DID NOT cover the screen at all. i guess they were using some 'creative' camera techniques when taking pictures of it or something :P
    Not everyone must hate this case, it's sold out in all colors!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    What do you base these comments on?

The text and pictures in the Truss review right here on precentral seem to show that the one on HP's site model number THZ07202US is made specifically for the touchpad, fits very securely, offers great protection and does not block the speakers or light sensor. The reviewer bought his from buy.com but clearly it's the touchpad version which per the "Targus Truss Case for HP TouchPad" product page is model number THZ07202US.

I also found this post on slickdeals.net stating the same.

There is an iPad version, model number THZ02203US I believe but that's not what we're talking about.

I have the THZ07202US on order from HP which I very much hope is delivered as it looks like a great case MADE FOR THE TOUCHPAD with excellent functionality and protection.
    I had tried one on my TouchPad. I also found it interesting that when you search for TouchPad accessories on HP's own site (link: HP TouchPad cases, Touchpad | HP® Official Store) that this case does not show up? There is also another tread here where it was reviewed: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ase-stand.html

I do hope you like it as it is a good quality case that's made for the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryknown View Post
    I had tried one on my TouchPad. I also found it interesting that when you search for TouchPad accessories on HP's own site (link: HP TouchPad cases, Touchpad | HP® Official Store) that this case does not show up? There is also another tread here where it was reviewed: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ase-stand.html

I do hope you like it as it is a good quality case that's made for the iPad.
    The review you linked to is for an iPad model Truss case as you can tell by the blue lining. The guy who wrote it admits he bought an iPad case at Radio Shack by mistake and gives the catalog number of 2602177 which looks up on the Radio Shack site as "Targus Nylon Truss Case for iPad 2 (Black/Blue) Model:THZ03403US Catalog#26-2177".

The one I linked to if for an HP Touchpad model Truss case model THZ07202US. If you had read it you would have clearly seen this, the cutouts for the touchpad speakers etc. I can't say why the Truss doesn't show up under accessories on that particular HP site, I think it used to. It shows up on the HP Small & Medium business site under tablet accessories. So what is that supposed to mean? Does a mistake on an HP web site really shock anyone at this point?

The proof that this case is made for the touchpad is in the links I have posted. If you want to think it's an iPad case that's up to you. I'm convinced it's made correctly for the Touchpad. It matters to me since I bought it and can only assume you did not. I would just recommend anyone else go read the links in my posts first before concluding this is an iPad case and decide for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Not everyone must hate this case, it's sold out in all colors!
    I don't think the cases were sold out. They are probably were removed due to the fact that most people have received their orders by now and can clearly see that Incipio lied about its products. They were available early yesterday morning before anyone can post about their experience. They still sell them as the ipad case on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    thanks for the pictures. yeah i was about to comment about that too. i think on their website it looked like it DID NOT cover the screen at all. i guess they were using some 'creative' camera techniques when taking pictures of it or something :P
    Ditto. I take back my earlier comment about liking it. The more I look at it, the more it bothers me.
  8.    #48  
    You have a lot of air bubbles in that screen protector :O
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I received my two Incipio cases (gray and black versions) today. They fit nice and I value the quality, but they do cover the light sensor and a little of the screen as previously mentioned and shown in the above photos. So, I called Incipio and mentioned the fit of the cases on the TP. The Incipio staff person immediately stated that I could exchange these cases for other TP cases that are currently in stock, or I could receive the redesigned version when it's available within two/three weeks. If I choose the redesigned version, I would also be able to keep the first set of cases and still be sent the new version free of charge. The Incipio staff person also said there would be a 30% off coupon for my next Incipio purchase with an email they were sending that is include below.

Thank you Incipio!

-------- From Incipio -------

Thank you for your phone call, kind words, and continued support. It has been brought to our attention that concerns have arisen over the fit and functionality of this case with regards to the specifications of the HP TouchPad. We thank you for your feedback and value your suggestions and concerns, and are taking measures to address any lingering device-specific issues. We are committed to addressing your concerns by making modifications to the KICKSTAND® to accommodate all ports, buttons, and functions. We will be re-releasing a modified version of the KICKSTAND®, which will be available in approximately two to three weeks.

We are happy to send this updated version once it is available, or a different HP TouchPad case of your choice. You may browse your case options here: HP TouchPad Cases, HP TouchPad Accessories, HP TouchPad Carrying Cases, HP TouchPad Premium Cases, HP TouchPad Sleeves, HP TouchPad Nylon Cases. Alternatively, you are welcome to request a refund for your order. We kindly ask that you please reply directly to this email confirming how you would prefer to proceed.

Additionally, as a thank you for your feedback and continued support, we would like to offer you a one-time use 30% coupon to iPhone Cases | iPad Cases | iPod Cases | BlackBerry Cases | MacBook Cases | Smartphone Cases | Zune Cases at Incipio , valid for one year from today’s date. Your coupon code is: (Sorry, this is for me - Ryknown)

We look forward to your reply and further assisting you.

Kind Regards,
    Customer Service Team
    Incipio Technologies
    800-733-0088
    support@myincipio.com
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    If I choose the redesigned version, I would also be able to keep the first set of cases and still be sent the new version free of charge. The Incipio staff person also said there would be a 30% off coupon for my next Incipio purchase with an email they were sending that is include below.

Thank you Incipio!
    Sweet!!!!!!! now i'm more than happy about this purchase.............and have a reason to still get a iPad :P. Or at least a have a back up case.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    We'll see if they follow through on that. If so, I've got another device that could use the coupon... and, for that matter, an iPad 1 that could use the case.
    Incipio will have more stock coming in the next 2 weeks or so. This new stock will be the redesigned touchpad specific model. Not sure if it will be the same price yet.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    After lying about this design, why trust them at all? I ordered from them and cancelled, and frankly won't do business with them again. They saw an opportunity to dump old stock, slapped a new label on it, denied that it was for the iPad 1, and then finally caved once it was proven not to be designed for the HP.

Trust once broken is hard to get back. There are lots of options for cases with out hassles, and dishonesty.

BTW Haesslich, you can apologize any time now.
    Incipio's the one who needs to apologize, especially since the photos from jonavalon show that the corners stick out more than they did in the photos on the site, ditto the cut-outs along the edges. Per my previous posts, here and here, I said that the measurements appeared similar enough to fit... and jonavalon's post along with 3138NV's say the case 'fits nicely'.

The problem is that the photos they put up don't match the reality... and that's where the breach of trust you speak of comes in. I said that we'd have to see how well or poorly it fit; and jonavalon's pictures shows the case fits well enough, with the big problem being the front bezel's corners being too far in and the edges not looking as short as they did in the website photos.

Yes, they're repurposed iPad 1 cases for sure, but it's not that 'it doesn't fit' - it's that the bezel area looks like they photoshopped it. Per your post, which I'll quote, 'They don't care that it doesn't fit' is less accurate than 'the photos were apparently altered to make it look like the bezel part didn't block the corners as much as they do'

Time to see if they follow through on what they told 3fli and Ryknown. We'll see. I'm not going to depend on a YouTube video and a few people ranting on another forum when jonavalon's attempts to contact one of them here resulted in what sounds more like an autoreply or a spambot's answer than an actual owner of the case giving an opinion based on actual experience.
    I called Incipio today and after the call I received the email giving me the choice to receive the correct version in a few weeks. No need to return the one sent to me.

Lets just hope it works out which I think it will. It's a very nice case, and one made specifically for the TP would make it all that much better.
    Does anyone know if the newly designed Kickstand will be $14.99 or are they going to jack up the price? I talked to a sales rep yesterday and they were suppose to email me the answer to that, but they haven't yet. Currently I am considering this or the Targus Truss. What I like about this is that it seem slightly thinner, thus lighter, but should be decent in protecting against drops and such.
    ** Let's keep the thread about the product and not personal insults. Thanks

<<thread cleansed>>
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The Targus Truss is not made for the TP. It's made for the iPad 1. I'm referring to the one on HP's site model number THZ07202US. The case completely covers the TP's speakers and the side with the light sensor is not held in well.

I have 2 cases here from Targus that say otherwise

HP got them back in stock and shipped them next day. VERY nice case. Nothing covered that shouldn't be, and better quality than the Aaron's cases.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    I have 2 cases here from Targus that say otherwise

HP got them back in stock and shipped them next day. VERY nice case. Nothing covered that shouldn't be, and better quality than the Aaron's cases.
    I'm glad they work for you. The one I tried did not fit well but was a nice, quality case.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I received the below communication from Incipio. Basically, they're sending me the replacement TouchPad cases that have been redesigned for free; plus, they let me keep the original two cases and also sent me a coupon for future purchases. Wow! I'll post an update when they arrive.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your purchase and patience regarding our HP TouchPad KICKSTAND® Cases. We are happy to inform you that we have received the revised KICKSTAND® Cases and have fully addressed any device-specific issues to accommodate all ports, buttons, and functions of the HP TouchPad.
    Per your request, we will be sending your revised KICKSTAND® Cases in Black and Light gray / Gray. We will be shipping your cases via USPS and you are welcome to track this package at www.usps.com with the tracking number, (removed by me). We kindly ask that you please allow for the estimated delivery time of 3 – 5 business days.
    We sincerely apologize for the delay and for any inconveniences caused. Thank you for your patience and for choosing Incipio Technologies.
    Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
    Customer Service Team
    Incipio Technologies
    800-733-0088
    support@myincipio.com
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just got the email that they are sending out the new version, woot can't wait!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast