Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    They are deliberately lying about the case. It is NOT an HP Touchpad case, its old stock iPad 1 cases that they couldn't sell. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO THIS. They don't care that it doesn't fit. They are out for a quick buck.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    They are deliberately lying about the case. It is NOT an HP Touchpad case, its old stock iPad 1 cases that they couldn't sell. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO THIS. They don't care that it doesn't fit. They are out for a quick buck.
    Eh... So what. I purchased two using the code for under $25 and I have a leather hole punch to make the hole for the light sensor. I have already tried quite a few iPad one cases that fit well. Matter of fact, I'm using an iPad case now for my TP that fits great. I found it at Ross for $14.99 made by Hurley. I received many compliments on it. Sure, I had to punch hole for the camera and light sensors, but it works fine. The thing is, this Incipio case is only $14.99; that's cheap. Buy one and customize it. If you put the hole in the wrong spot or if it doesn't fit right, sell it or throw it away and try again. There's not a lot of cases out there specifically designed for the TP. You have to take what's available and make it work. I tried the HP TP case. It's junk. The silly little flap thing tears easily where it folds from the left and if you drop your TP once in it and your TP is broken. These cases will actually provide some protection and durability. Otherwise, I found myself using the HP case inside of a netbook sleeve inside of my backpack. That was just too much.

By the way, I do appreciate ReadySethGo and you posting that this is really made for an iPad. It's good to know. Thank you both.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryknown View Post
    Eh... So what. <snip>
    Given that there are cases that DO fit, folks need to know that this is an iPad case... for a few bucks more getting one that fits will help a whole lot more if you drop it vs one that fits loosely.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    You don't need to start the swipe gesture in the bezel area, just near the edge of the screen where it meets the bezel.

The case looks good, better than the official one IMO.
    No, but for fat fingers it's nice to have SOME of the area around the screen edge exposed.

Given that there are cases that DO fit, folks need to know that this is an iPad case... for a few bucks more getting one that fits will help a whole lot more if you drop it vs one that fits loosely.
    And I'm assuming you've got one of these cases to confirm it doesn't fit? Unless you do, I'm going to have to ignore anything you post.

The measurements are similar enough to fit. My question at this point is which version of the iPad 1 case this is, especially since another person on that thread linked above mentioned there were two types - one which had a hole about the button, and the other which looks more like the current version of the iPad case.

Unless you've got photos showing how it fits loosely, I'm going to have to lump your statements into the same pile that I put the people who rant about how the iPad as the first tablet to ever exist and that everyone was copying Apple (even the people making Tablet PC's ten years ago) into.

Edit #2: On second glance, the iPad Kickstand cases they have now have deeper bezel coverings than the TouchPad ones they're showing, at least when you compare them side to side. That's odd. Looks like they were doing some more cutting to reveal the camera and other parts, but didn't put the damned light sensor hole in.
    Last edited by Haesslich; 09/06/2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Corrected case type.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
    No, but for fat fingers it's nice to have SOME of the area around the screen edge exposed.

And I'm assuming you've got one of these cases to confirm it doesn't fit? Unless you do, I'm going to have to ignore anything you post.

The measurements are similar enough to fit. My question at this point is which version of the iPad 1 case this is, especially since another person on that thread linked above mentioned there were two types - one which had a hole about the button, and the other which looks more like the current version of the iPad case.

Unless you've got photos showing how it fits loosely, I'm going to have to lump your statements into the same pile that I put the people who rant about how the iPad as the first tablet to ever exist and that everyone was copying Apple (even the people making Tablet PC's ten years ago) into.

Edit #2: On second glance, the iPad Kickstand cases they have now have deeper bezel coverings than the TouchPad ones they're showing, at least when you compare them side to side. That's odd. Looks like they were doing some more cutting to reveal the camera and other parts, but didn't put the damned light sensor hole in.
    That is because they are ipad 1 cases. Here is the statement from Incipio

Quote from Debbie B from Incipio

"It was made with the iPad in mind, but it fully and completely compatiable with the HP Touch pad" - Directly quoted from the chat with her.

If you do decide to be anything other than a troll, you will find that they freely admit that the case was designed with the "ipad in mind" but SHOULD fit the HP Touchpad. If you find chatting to be too much, call them Toll Free: 800.733.0088

But don't take their word for it either, they are probably wrong too.

And in case you are interested, the Targus was showing back in stock at HP and for $7 more ($19 on the HP site) for a leather case that is MADE for the touchpad, its kinda a no brainer...

and just for giggles the first tablet was conceptualized by Alan Kay in the late 1960s and early 1970s in his article "A Personal Computer for Children of All Ages"
    Last edited by mikesus; 09/06/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

"It was made with the iPad in mind, but it fully and completely compatiable with the HP Touch pad" - Directly quoted from the chat with her.

If you do decide to be anything other than a troll, you will find that they freely admit that the case was designed with the "ipad in mind" but SHOULD fit the HP Touchpad. If you find chatting to be too much, call them Toll Free: 800.733.0088

And in case you are interested, the Targus was showing back in stock at HP and for $7 for a leather case that is MADE for the touchpad, its kinda a no brainer...

and just for giggles the first tablet was conceptualized by Alan Kay in the late 1960s and early 1970s in his article "A Personal Computer for Children of All Ages"
    If you're talking about the Truss, that doesn't seem to be available outside of the United States at the moment. Which is a pity. The Zierra is... and when I examined the Zierra in the store, it was basically their iPad 1 case, but with one of the top 'corners' retainers notched a little further to expose the power button. No other changes that I could find when comparing it to the iPad 1 case, outside of the picture on the front. The Truss case also seems to be, at heart, a redone iPad 1 case with holes for the speakers, but little else altered.

Still, Targus did make an effort to differentiate it a tad... as Incipio may have. We'll see when the reviews come back how well (or poorly) they did; Incipio's NGP case wasn't a perfect fit either. Which may be good news (or bad) for this current rework of the Kickstand to the TouchPad. Only HP made a case just for the TouchPad - pity it doesn't have a latch to secure the flap, and that it can tear somewhat easily.

As for more giggles, I'll have to point to Samsung's defence in the EU of their Galaxy Tab with regards to 'prior art', including screencaps from 2001: A Space Odyssey where they showed a device which looked shockingly like an iPad 1. Or the Netherlands court which threw out the patent lawsuit by indicating that the spare design of the iPad basically had no design at all to patent, as it was too minimalistic.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    The Targus Truss is not made for the TP. It's made for the iPad 1. I'm referring to the one on HP's site model number THZ07202US. The case completely covers the TP's speakers and the side with the light sensor is not held in well.

And in case you are interested, the Targus was showing back in stock at HP and for $7 more ($19 on the HP site) for a leather case that is MADE for the touchpad, its kinda a no brainer...

Good luck with the HP Target Truss. I ordered one from there a week ago and my order is still setting there, confirmed but not shipped, in the same state of limbo as so many touchpad orders. We have both the touchpad and an iPad and they are nearly identical in size. Biggest issue is access to the ports. I wouldn't dismiss a case simply because it was originally designed for the ipad nor a vendor who says it will work for both. Having said that you do have to be careful, do your homework and above all buy cheap when you can to minimize the loss if it doesn't work out.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Good luck with the HP Target Truss. I ordered one from there a week ago and my order is still setting there, confirmed but not shipped, in the same state of limbo as so many touchpad orders.
    bummer... I did back it up with 2 Aarons cases that I got from a nice guy willing to part with his from here.
    Could someone who owns one of these tell me how loose it is and if the case closes well? I heard that it doesn't close right since the touchpad is thicker. Is that true?
    I'm just looking for a cheap decent case that fits and so far this looks the most promising.
    Last edited by 3FLi; 09/06/2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    Could someone who owns one of these tell me how loose it is and if the case closes well? I heard that it doesn't close right since the touchpad is thicker. Is that true?
    I'm just looking for a cheap decent case that fits and so far this looks the most promising.
    I think we're all waiting to find out now. It's time to see who gets one of them first, and then how badly (or well) Incipio did. Their record for cases is... mixed.
    If you all are really looking for a good case with a good review made for a touchpad, rotates 360 degrees and costs only 13.99 with only $4 shipping and handling, then check out what I found. I have a link right to the site and review by another person here who has it. Pictures and video included.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    I bought the iPad (1) version at Walmart right after my Touchpad and it fit nicely but I didn't like the outside texture so I returned it the next day. I was hoping this unit was different because I like the price but I fear it's the same. A nice case but it doesn't feel right to me when I carry it.
    Out of Stock now. Should have bought one when I had the chance. Found some interesting news about this though and maybe they will have a new touchpad specific stock soon and hopefully for the same price.

Quoted from nyisless13 from slickdeals
    Some good news for anyone else who ordered this without reading the thread... Incipio claims they are working on an actual Touchpad-specific case and will offer a free exchange to anyone who bought this one. My chat with a customer service rep earlier:

Quote :
    Call accepted by operator Debbie B. Currently in room: You, Debbie B.

Debbie B:
    Hello You
    Debbie B:
    When did you purchase your case?
    You:
    hello, I recently ordered your case for HP Touchpad and it shipped a few days ago
    You:
    I've read that it doesn't fit the Touchpad correctly at all, but heard Incipio is going to redesign the case and anyone who got the iPad case will be offered a free exchange - is that correct?
    Debbie B:
    Correct.
    Debbie B:
    if you are not happy with the fit please contact us after you have received your case.
    You:
    any idea when the newly-designed cases will be available?
    Debbie B:
    2 to 3 weeks
    You:
    great, thanks for confirming!

Debbie B has left the conversation. Currently in room: You.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Mine just arrived, still trying to decide if i want to keep it / get the new version or get a refund. Other than it not being a perfect fit i do like the case.

After seeing the video rant of one user and the situation about it on their facebook. I emailed them to ask some questions, they responded quick but it would of been nice to receive an actual response instead of a line. They just replied with the exact same message they posted on facebook about contacting them via email.................which i was doing :/
    Last edited by jonavalon; 09/10/2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Got the "fake" cases (I bought 2) I will have to send them back. Their website stated that they are not responsible for return shipping. Since they lied/misadvertised their products, I am just wondering if I can get them to send me a return shipping label or not.
    unison - good point about the return postage. I got mine yesterday and I haven't opened the package yet.

incipio - if you are reading this forum, I ask that you come up with a plan to make things right, send a email to your customers and communicate. If you are replacing cases, provide the postage. I can understand as a business owner that you probably are breaking even or losing money if you do this but if you want us to remain customers and keep a positive image, it will be worth it.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imisim View Post
    Got the "fake" cases (I bought 2) I will have to send them back. Their website stated that they are not responsible for return shipping. Since they lied/misadvertised their products, I am just wondering if I can get them to send me a return shipping label or not.
    Oh yea that is my main question and concern, i even asked about it when i emailed them but only got a copy & pasted message that mentioned nothing about it.

They better be sending a shipping label, or else there will be hell to pay. I've already had to pay shipping for RMA's and other returns this week. I'm not doing it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryknown View Post
    The Targus Truss is not made for the TP. It's made for the iPad 1. I'm referring to the one on HP's site model number THZ07202US. The case completely covers the TP's speakers and the side with the light sensor is not held in well.
    What do you base these comments on?

The text and pictures in the Truss review right here on precentral seem to show that the one on HP's site model number THZ07202US is made specifically for the touchpad, fits very securely, offers great protection and does not block the speakers or light sensor. The reviewer bought his from buy.com but clearly it's the touchpad version which per the "Targus Truss Case for HP TouchPad" product page is model number THZ07202US.

I also found this post on slickdeals.net stating the same.

There is an iPad version, model number THZ02203US I believe but that's not what we're talking about.

I have the THZ07202US on order from HP which I very much hope is delivered as it looks like a great case MADE FOR THE TOUCHPAD with excellent functionality and protection.
    Last edited by texasflood; 09/11/2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Fix boneheaded typo...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imisim View Post
    could you possibly take some pics of how badly the fake one fits the touchpad?

thanks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast