Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, worst case(pardon the pun) I will be able to return to the REI store near my office. I am also debating on the Technocel folio... I am using it now but not thrilled with the bending job I did. I will give that another go tomorrow. Maybe its best to go with the products designed fir the TP.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    Well, worst case(pardon the pun) I will be able to return to the REI store near my office. I am also debating on the Technocel folio... I am using it now but not thrilled with the bending job I did. I will give that another go tomorrow. Maybe its best to go with the products designed fir the TP.
    the technocel case is hard to best at $5 as long as you adjust correctly, I have the HP case but find I never use it
    I ordered one of the JOBY Ori cases on Sunday after reading the review of the original poster. I figured for $33 shipped to my door, I really couldn’t go wrong. I then became concerned after reading the second review regarding major issues with the case, so I thought I might be returning this as he did. I received my case today and I want to post that my assessment of the case which is pretty much in line with that of the original poster.

The first thing I did (which was the biggest concern) was to put the touchpad into the case cavity. Like the original poster stated, it went in snuggly and was held tightly in place. I turned it over and there was no movement of the touchpad towards the floor. I became really assured when I went to remove the touchpad as it required a little force to get it out. That is a good thing!!

When folded up, the cover in my opinion laid flat with minimal gap. The touchpad is only .04 inches thicker that an IPad, so there was no issue here. The flap that covers the touchpad when not in use has a rubberized backing so I have little concern about it damaging the screen.

I had no issue with powering the touchpad on or off while in the case, only volume up was an issue. The speaker ports are completely covered as mentioned before and the headphone jack does not line up correctly.

This case has an industrialized look but is very functional. This is only my initial fifteen minute impression of the case and given the differant reviews here, there may be differances in the way they are manufactured.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    I ordered one of the JOBY Ori cases on Sunday after reading the review of the original poster. I figured for $33 shipped to my door, I really couldn’t go wrong. I then became concerned after reading the second review regarding major issues with the case, so I thought I might be returning this as he did. I received my case today and I want to post that my assessment of the case which is pretty much in line with that of the original poster.

The first thing I did (which was the biggest concern) was to put the touchpad into the case cavity. Like the original poster stated, it went in snuggly and was held tightly in place. I turned it over and there was no movement of the touchpad towards the floor. I became really assured when I went to remove the touchpad as it required a little force to get it out. That is a good thing!!

When folded up, the cover in my opinion laid flat with minimal gap. The touchpad is only .04 inches thicker that an IPad, so there was no issue here. The flap that covers the touchpad when not in use has a rubberized backing so I have little concern about it damaging the screen.

I had no issue with powering the touchpad on or off while in the case, only volume up was an issue. The speaker ports are completely covered as mentioned before and the headphone jack does not line up correctly.

This case has an industrialized look but is very functional. This is only my initial fifteen minute impression of the case and given the differant reviews here, there may be differances in the way they are manufactured.
    would love to know in a week or 2 if you still have and are using it?

really don't know why anyone would put up with a case that all the ports are an issue except the USB port, while you say the power button works, what happens when it migrates to other end of the cavity because of the gaps

we can make some ipad cases work , I personally feel this one is not one of them, unless you are prepared to drill , modify, Velcro, etc etc just because you have to have this one, but there are so many touchpad or ipad adjustable cases out there why bother
    My Joby just arrived. I was surprised to find the case actually does work. Yes, there are all sorts of gaps, and yes, the openings don't line up well. But, I can definitely see it working for how its designed.

And that's the key, it isn't designed to be a folio but rather, as a really cool way to display and hold the tablet in different positions for different uses. And despite the fact that the TP dimesions don't really match the iPad 1, I don't really think the tablet would fall out from normal positions. It actually seemed to stay in place pretty well.

And it will all fold flat to make a decent carry. And all that aluminum looks cool. And the various display options are really cool.

But... I really would prefer something more like a folio to carry and provide a bit more protection. And even at the sale price that REI sold it for... there are way less expensive cool stands to display the tablet. So I will return it at a local REI and apply the $$ towards a charging stand or keyboard.
  6.    #26  
    I haven't modified mine at all (no drilling, velcro or anything), and am using it almost daily, I've had mine for more than a week. The thing is, this case does things that no other case does. I'm sorry you didn't like it, you've made your input very clear, but please stop hating.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    would love to know in a week or 2 if you still have and are using it?

really don't know why anyone would put up with a case that all the ports are an issue except the USB port, while you say the power button works, what happens when it migrates to other end of the cavity because of the gaps

we can make some ipad cases work , I personally feel this one is not one of them, unless you are prepared to drill , modify, Velcro, etc etc just because you have to have this one, but there are so many touchpad or ipad adjustable cases out there why bother
  7.    #27  
    Here's a video showing that the case is tight enough that the TP is not at risk of falling out: ZumoDrive - Touchpad Joby Ori Fall Test.mp4
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    I haven't modified mine at all (no drilling, velcro or anything), and am using it almost daily, I've had mine for more than a week. The thing is, this case does things that no other case does. I'm sorry you didn't like it, you've made your input very clear, but please stop hating.
    Its not hating its pointing out the major faults of the case when being used with a touchpad it does work great with an actual ipad but imo its just plain ugly

You are right it does have things other cases do not have, No port access or issues with alignment with Every button

enough on this, as I said earlier BUYER BEWARE, enjoy if you like it?
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/10/2011 at 07:52 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12