Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wings View Post
    The price of the keyboard has been volatile lately, I have seen it as low as $29.99 and as high as 69.99+. The amazon deal you found is gone now, but may be back.
    Funny you should mention the price of $29.99 since HP has then in stock right now for $29.99 with free shipping. Anyone needing one better not waste time since it probably won't last.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Funny you should mention the price of $29.99 since HP has then in stock right now for $29.99 with free shipping. Anyone needing one better not waste time since it probably won't last.
    That's actually the TP case, not the kb.

Still, not a bad deal for the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    That's actually the TP case, not the kb.

Still, not a bad deal for the case.
    Hah, yes, I got confused apparently, apologies.
    Is the BT keyboard really wortg buying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Is the BT keyboard really wortg buying?
    For me, yes no question. I'm using it right now to type this response. Without it I wouldn't even try to type this on the touchpad, I just can't had the on screen keyboard for more then minimal usage.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I bought the HP touchpad keyboard and it was definitely worth it, for my use. My big problems with it are app/general os problems.. I think. I'm so used to using shortcuts on the keyboard (like ctrl+F find, Ctrl+B Bold, copy, paste.. etc) and it doesn't seem that any of those work, and often times do something completely different. I don't know if it's specific to the keyboard or what.

But as far as typing, browsing, taking notes, keyboard is super light, portable, responsive, nice looking. Takes about 30secs to a min to connect each time, but glad I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    I bought the HP touchpad keyboard and it was definitely worth it, for my use. My big problems with it are app/general os problems.. I think. I'm so used to using shortcuts on the keyboard (like ctrl+F find, Ctrl+B Bold, copy, paste.. etc) and it doesn't seem that any of those work, and often times do something completely different. I don't know if it's specific to the keyboard or what.

But as far as typing, browsing, taking notes, keyboard is super light, portable, responsive, nice looking. Takes about 30secs to a min to connect each time, but glad I got it.
    The control key sequences are NOT specific to the keyboard. Try hooking it up to a laptop and you'll find those old sequences work fine. Agree that the keyboard is super light, portable, responsive and nice looking. I don't actually think it takes that long to connect though. I leave mine on and associated and it just has to wake up from it's sleep state. I just tested it and it took mine about 4 seconds for characters to start showing up after I started pressing a key while in it's sleep state.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    The control key sequences are NOT specific to the keyboard. Try hooking it up to a laptop and you'll find those old sequences work fine. Agree that the keyboard is super light, portable, responsive and nice looking. I don't actually think it takes that long to connect though. I leave mine on and associated and it just has to wake up from it's sleep state. I just tested it and it took mine about 4 seconds for characters to start showing up after I started pressing a key while in it's sleep state.
    Good to know! I wonder why they wouldn't have the shortcuts work on the keyboard specific to the device. Also good to know about the connection-- maybe it's because I go from Bluetooth off, and keyboard off. I'll play around.
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Good to know! I wonder why they wouldn't have the shortcuts work on the keyboard specific to the device. Also good to know about the connection-- maybe it's because I go from Bluetooth off, and keyboard off. I'll play around.
    Well near as I can tell, HP got so carried away with the touchscreen that there ARE no keyboard specific shortcuts for the touchpad. This is the really disappointing thing. When we first got ours we would turn bluetooth off, and/or even switch the keyboard off when not using the keyboard. We learned that none of this is really needed. The keyboard puts itself into a power saving state so don't have to switch it off. And if you want to use the onscreen keyboard instead all you have to do is press the key with the little keyboard symbol on it to toggle between onscreen and real keyboard. So unless you want to use it on another device, there seems to me to be no reason to turn off bluetooth.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12