Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a good product or way to effectively clean the HP Case? I take my TouchPad to work and the case is getting a little dirty, spots, streaks, etc.

The "finish" of the case doesn't allow for much scrubbing and using a damp paper towel leaves more mess than before cleaning.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Spit
    I use eyeglass cleaner.
    I use little soap water when it gets really soiled. Micro-fibre cloth for eyeglasses is always along to wipe the glass top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I use eyeglass cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I use eyeglass cleaner.
    Divided at birth? Great minds thinking alike? Identity theft in progress?
    You be the judge.

As for me, I don't have a TouchPad or an accompanying case but I have a lot of other stuff that gets dirty and I've always found lens cleaning tissues comfortable and effective.
    This would be where the late Billy Mays would jump in with a solution!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I rub it on my jeans. ;-)
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Hi Billy Mays here for the TouchPad Buddy!
  9.    #9  
    I am looking for solutions to clean the HP Case, not the TouchPad itself. I've already figured out how to keep the plastic clean... I have a case.
    Featherman,

I understand what your original question is and I also have mine in the original HP TouchPad case FB343AA#AC3. Like I have said, I use little soap water to clean the case - just a few drops, be it the suede inlay or the rubber exterior. Yes, we are not talking of the TouchPad housing.
    Last edited by howi; 08/14/2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    Hi Billy Mays here for the TouchPad Buddy!
    +1
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by howi View Post
    Featherman,

I understand what your original question is... Yes, we are not talking of the TouchPad housing.
    howi,

I was just clarifying my OP for the "eyeglass cleaner" twins and, of course, the "spit" responder.

I've actually tried the soap & water and it works but takes some time for the discoloration to dry. Looking to see if anyone else has had success with any commercial cleaning products.

Thanks for your suggestion!
    I wish I could offer some suggestions, but unfortunately... I can't

Attached Images Attached Images
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherman View Post
    howi,

I was just clarifying my OP for the "eyeglass cleaner" twins and, of course, the "spit" responder.

I've actually tried the soap & water and it works but takes some time for the discoloration to dry. Looking to see if anyone else has had success with any commercial cleaning products.

Thanks for your suggestion!
    No problem. My trick is not to use too much soap or anything harsh on those surfaces. I am "bad" as I often use my gadgets while eating or drinking. Go figure how dirty it can be even though I try not to be all out neglect. Cleaning it nightly also helps in my case.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I bought the original hp tp case and i noticed a few dirt on it. I cant think of any cleaning agent to fix this. I was thinking of baby wipes. what do yo guys use?
    damp cloth, no soap.
    cloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    damp cloth, no soap.
    ALWAYS, a good answer

For me, I don't care so much. It's the case. It's meant to protect the device. I don't care how it looks....but I will admit, I took advantage of the Best Buy fire sale on accessories to get a spare case for each the TPs in my house...just in case.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Gee...I keep my Touchpad in the case to protect it, then I put the case into a one gallon Ziploc storage bag to protect that, then I wrap it gingerly and tenderly in tissue, and then I cover it with aluminum foil...

(With apologies to "The Anal Retentive" circa SNL from the late 80's!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast