Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xterminater
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or is the TouchPad's microusb port stinks! I have been taking extreme care when removing the cable everytime i use it to plug to my computer. However, now I'm starting to get a loose connection, and I have to pry it up against something for the computer to read. Is it the actual cable that I need to replace, or is it the port that is going bad and I need to send back to hp?
    zappcatt likes this.
    can you try the cable in a phone or something else?
  3.    #3  
    I think I just answered my question... I tried another usb cable from something else, my bluetooth headset I believe, and it work fine! Is there a HP number I can contact for them to replace the usb wire, or what do I need to buy in order to fit this. Micro-usb? I seen a lot of microusb but they are different in size, slightly...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    yes, try the cord in a phone or something.

my pre started doing that. I've gone through 4 cords, 2 palm, 2 third party (of course I've had my pre for 2 years now). It was always the cords. I bought 2 off ebay that were 3rd party and those are thicker and work better.
  5.    #5  
    what new cord should I buy? Is it really called micro-usb?
    yea its standard micro USB but if you call webOS butler service they will prob send you a new one for free
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I bought this one and it works perfect on the pre.

OEM MICRO USB CABLE CORD FOR VERIZON PALM PIXI PRE PLUS | eBay

I think the pre uses the same cord as the touchpad (I don't have mine yet). heres another one I found. they seem to be pretty cheap.

*NIB* HP Touchpad Power Charger OEM Model FB341AA##ABA | eBay
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    yea its standard micro USB but if you call webOS butler service they will prob send you a new one for free
    Yup I just did and they sure are happy to send a new one without hastling me a bunch of questions!
    mine was bad right out of the box. There was another post a few days ago on this so its bad hp cables.
    I sure hope it is the cable. My cord is wiggling and the machine will not charge unless I have it leveraged up and twisted a little....grrrrr
    I was transferring videos on my HP touchpad and a little budge on the cord disconnect my touchpad to my mac. Giving me the 'Ouch' message, then suddenly a ceaseless vibration that i have to hard restart. Even moving the touchpad while on USB mode (connected to laptop) disconnects it.

Anybody having this problem? is it just the wire or is my touchpad faulty, I haven't tried using a difference cord since I don't have anything of the same size.

Thanks.