Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just had a chance to install this. I got it last week but I never had the time to open my TP and install my stealtharmor. I first installed the screen protector, which was pretty not as easy as I thought it was going to be. Even after spraying the solution, the screen protector was still pretty sticky and it was hard to move around. Plus it did not line up correctly. It is just slightly off. I lined up the protector to the camera so it does not overlap the camera. So it kind of over laps the button. You can see the pictures below of the camera hole and button. Also you can see that the screen protector looks like it has streaks or smudge spots. I am hoping that this will go away in a couple days. I will update if or when it goes away. As for the back skin, it was pretty easy. It took a couple of tries but I just lined it up by the logo and then set it down lightly to see if it was even all the way around. Once I got it to my liking I smoothed it all around. Make sure you look at the corners to get them down and smoothed out. Good overall. I just wish that the screen protector was aligned correctly (could be a installer problem haha but to me it seems a little off) and the smudges/moisture would go away. I would buy again if the moisture/smudges are gone here a couple days. Hope this helps some people out.

UPDATE 1: ok update. I woke up this morning and most of the bubbles and moisture is gone. There are only a couple of bubbles are left. I hope those work themselves out over the next day

UPDATE 2: All bubbles and smudges gone after about 2 days and the screen protector is clean as can be. The corners for the back skin, I had to blow dryer for the corners to keep them down after 1 day of use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hungyellow; 09/14/2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Provide another update
    mjkjr likes this.
    i'd send the screen protector back immediately considering how much you paid.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chsrainbows View Post
    i'd send the screen protector back immediately considering how much you paid.
    I dont mind that it is off a bit. It would be more trouble sending it back and reapplying it. I will just deal with it for right now.
    I ordered one... Can't wait for it to arrive
  5.    #5  
    ok update. I woke up this morning and most of the bubbles and moisture is gone. There are only a couple of bubbles are left. I hope those work themselves out over the next day
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    If you have trouble with the corners not staying down I found using a hair dryer and heating the corners up will keep them for popping up.
    do you still plan to use a case or sleeve with this one on or will use the TP as is?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkosh84 View Post
    If you have trouble with the corners not staying down I found using a hair dryer and heating the corners up will keep them for popping up.
    I think I will do that here in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    do you still plan to use a case or sleeve with this one on or will use the TP as is?
    yes, I have the targus truss case and I will put on after the 24 hrs stated by stealtharmor before using a case or sleeve.
    Like the stealth armor back, though wish it didn't have the hole to display the HP logo. Was not impressed with quality of the screen protector. Now I know why there is no warranty for Touchpad firesale purchasers.
    Mine works great . I followed the videos on youtube like it says in the box and it worked like a charm. It says to use a hair dryer for the corners. The secound day it had a few bubbles and I just use the scraper that came with the protector and pushed them out. So far I love it and it looks great.
    back looks great, just can't see spending over 25 bucks for a sticker.
    Tungsten back looks amazing. Very realistic look and texture. No more fingerprints. Worth the $25 in my opinion. All day.
    I ordered two...one carbon fiber and one black leather. I'll wait to see which one I like best before installing. They should be here in this week hopefully.
    Just installed mine. All of the holes lined up perfectly. Note that the screen protector stretches quite a bit if you want it to. The Screen protector is "VentureShield", which is the plastic sheeting made by 3M to protect car finishes. A google search for the stuff leads to videos showing it being stretched around a car bumper.

Back looks great, front is aligned, but bubbles and moisture underneath make it look like hell. Hopefully it will dry out over night.
    I bought a carbon fiber one, it is decent, but I am definitely not buying from this company again after the surprise (to me at least) "oh by the way, we won't honor the warranty on this" after opening the box.

The hole for the logo wasn't completely centered on the back so it doesn't fit quite right, and the screen protector was a little off as well. On the plus side, I think all of the bubbles went away that I couldn't get out.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggroch View Post
    Just installed mine. All of the holes lined up perfectly. Note that the screen protector stretches quite a bit if you want it to. The Screen protector is "VentureShield", which is the plastic sheeting made by 3M to protect car finishes. A google search for the stuff leads to videos showing it being stretched around a car bumper.

Back looks great, front is aligned, but bubbles and moisture underneath make it look like hell. Hopefully it will dry out over night.
    I should have tried to stretch it but I was already 5 mins into messing with it. The bubbles will go a away over night. I was worried too but it looks clear of bubbles.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
    I bought a carbon fiber one, it is decent, but I am definitely not buying from this company again after the surprise (to me at least) "oh by the way, we won't honor the warranty on this" after opening the box.

The hole for the logo wasn't completely centered on the back so it doesn't fit quite right, and the screen protector was a little off as well. On the plus side, I think all of the bubbles went away that I couldn't get out.
    The warranty surprise was a bit off putting. I am going to think twice before buying again from this company.
    how long did it take for it to come in? Ordered mine on Wednesday of this week and havent gotten any shipping info yet.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seauxcrazy View Post
    how long did it take for it to come in? Ordered mine on Wednesday of this week and havent gotten any shipping info yet.
    I think I ordered mine on Wednesday or Thursday and I got it Monday.
    Sucks, sent them an email on Friday, 2 days after order, if it had shipped yet since I hadn't gotten any confirmation. Received an email on Monday to tell me that it would ship on Tuesday (today). I'm sure they got a lot of orders, but to respond to my email 2-3 days later and not have it shipped within 5 days is ridiculous. Just hope the product is worth it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast