Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
Like Tree1Likes
  1. LuD
    LuD is offline
    LuD's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    #21  
    Purchased my white carbon fiber and orange skin eons ago.... Finally got them both today with the screen protectors. They seem really nice! Can't wait to put them on later, but I'll be sticking with my Zaggs that I've already put on. Too many horror stories about the screens getting scratched lately...
  2. #22  
    Received and installed my white carbon fiber skin and screen cover from StealthArmor last night. Really love the back carbon fiber and it was pretty easy to install. The screen cover was a little tricky and still has some really small bubbles and smudges. If they dont go away as everyone notes, i will try a different screen cover. I do like the feel of both the back and the screen cover. Good deal for $20. Now i need to find the perfect sleeve.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by facedance View Post
    Received and installed my white carbon fiber skin and screen cover from StealthArmor last night. Really love the back carbon fiber and it was pretty easy to install. The screen cover was a little tricky and still has some really small bubbles and smudges. If they dont go away as everyone notes, i will try a different screen cover. I do like the feel of both the back and the screen cover. Good deal for $20. Now i need to find the perfect sleeve.
    Bubbles do go away after a day or two. Did your home button and camera cutout line up?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    Bubbles do go away after a day or two. Did your home button and camera cutout line up?
    Camera is perfect... home button is off ever so slightly but not an issue at all. As for the bubbles... it's more like smudges on the sticky side. Could not use squegee to remove. Cant even notice unless there is direct light causing a glare.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by facedance View Post
    Camera is perfect... home button is off ever so slightly but not an issue at all. As for the bubbles... it's more like smudges on the sticky side. Could not use squegee to remove. Cant even notice unless there is direct light causing a glare.
    Yeah it was smudges/bubbles and they were all gone after a couple days.
  6. bbwizard's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seauxcrazy View Post
    Sucks, sent them an email on Friday, 2 days after order, if it had shipped yet since I hadn't gotten any confirmation. Received an email on Monday to tell me that it would ship on Tuesday (today). I'm sure they got a lot of orders, but to respond to my email 2-3 days later and not have it shipped within 5 days is ridiculous. Just hope the product is worth it.
    I agree.. Placed an order on 06-Sep-2011 and have not any information other than the original invoice.. Called today and found the order has not shipped yet. Hmmm.. Just a bit disapointed.. Looking like a two week eta for the white carbon skin shipped to Cincinnati

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  7. #27  
    Mine took around 10 days to arrive from Cali to the east coast.
    I like the carbon fiber back alot, makes the glossy slippery side much easier to handle.
    The screen protector looks horrible, but I am assuming its the smudges and stuff everyone else is describing so giving it a few days.
    I plan to use with that 5 dollar Verizon sleeve which is pretty decent.
    Just tossing in another opinion on the product, its good even tho yes, its a sticker.
  8. ac921ol's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #28  
    anyone around the DC area feel like installing mine for me, id be more then happy to give you a case of beer or something for your time.

    -Thanks fellas, just dont feel like tackling this, ive dont it on the iphone which didnt have me use any water and was a much much smaller screen.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    anyone around the DC area feel like installing mine for me, id be more then happy to give you a case of beer or something for your time.

    -Thanks fellas, just dont feel like tackling this, ive dont it on the iphone which didnt have me use any water and was a much much smaller screen.
    You should do it yourself. It is not that hard. Just follow the instructions and you will be good.
  10. #30  
    Ordered mine on Monday the 5th. Got no shipping confirmation so I emailed them on Wednesday to check the status. Got a reply on Friday saying it would be shipped today and I should get my tracking info later today. I just received my tracking info today letting me know its just leaving Anaheim. Either they are backed up, or just slow.
  11. ac921ol's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    You should do it yourself. It is not that hard. Just follow the instructions and you will be good.
    just dont get the water bottle part, and the fact that there is adhesive on the backing of the screen protector and skin.
  12. #32  
    they said it was shipping today, guess what, no shipping info....... :-(
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    just dont get the water bottle part, and the fact that there is adhesive on the backing of the screen protector and skin.
    The spray bottle is to help keep finger prints off (that's why they tell you to spray your hands with the solution) and keep the adhesive side from sticking on the screen immediately. Here is the link of a video you can watch to install it.

    How to Apply StealthArmor to iPad 2 - back and screen protector (HD) - YouTube
  14. LuD
    LuD is offline
    LuD's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    just dont get the water bottle part, and the fact that there is adhesive on the backing of the screen protector and skin.
    I ordered two kits, and didn't get any bottles... :|
  15. #35  
    One thing great about the wet application method is that you can move the shield around until you have everything lined up correctly. I did the bestskinsever on my touchpad, the "simple back" one that go about 1/2 way to all the buttons. So there are partial cutouts that needed to be lined up.

    With a dry application, that would have been ridiculously difficult. But with a spray, it was pretty easy.

    And I had some bubbles left at first, some very small air bubbles, and a few larger water bubbles. They all disappeared in a few days. Oh, and work those corners, even though it looks like it's impossible to get correctly when it's wet, as it slowly dries and you keep pressing it, the shield will eventually fit those corners perfectly.
  16. ac921ol's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuD View Post
    I ordered two kits, and didn't get any bottles... :|
    mine is phantomskinz, and didnt come with a waterbottle, it says to have one handy. and do the exact samething as the youtube video posted by the user above which i will do when i get home.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuD View Post
    I ordered two kits, and didn't get any bottles... :|
    You should have gotten one with the squeegee in an envelope. The spray bottle looks like a marker.
  18. LuD
    LuD is offline
    LuD's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    You should have gotten one with the squeegee in an envelope. The spray bottle looks like a marker.
    Yeah, I've seen those in the videos. I definitely didn't get jack in my box except for the two red ziploc bags... No biggie, I work at Best Buy and can always borrow a huge bottle of Zaggs solution...

    Should be putting one of my skins on tomorrow, can't wait! I don't know which one to put on first.
  19. #39  
    Finally got my tracking number, but coming in next Tuesday. That would mean, 2 weeks exactly since ordering. Sure doesn't seem worth the 6 dollars they charge to ship a sheet of vinyl. I'll probably never do business with them again after this. Unacceptable imo.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seauxcrazy View Post
    Finally got my tracking number, but coming in next Tuesday. That would mean, 2 weeks exactly since ordering. Sure doesn't seem worth the 6 dollars they charge to ship a sheet of vinyl. I'll probably never do business with them again after this. Unacceptable imo.
    I agree! I just received my "kit" after two weeks. Followed the directions and after several tries could not get the screen protector to go on without lots of bubbles etc. Finally ran out of the spray and gave up. Its terrible! Anyone suggest a GOOD screen protector?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions