Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    lol... nice review. but im chuckling at your anal-retentive body skin covering. you already have a case! what point is there in covering your tablet in saran wrap?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmo1911 View Post
    lol... nice review. but im chuckling at your anal-retentive body skin covering. you already have a case! what point is there in covering your tablet in saran wrap?
    It's ridiculous isn't it? It's the original cover that comes with the Touchpad, no Saran wrap But yea I like the fact that no finger has touched my screen until the PhantomSkinz was put on. I like to think my anal retentiveness is the reason my Pre minus is still running, albeit barely.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Got shipping confirmation, they are back in stock
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    Got shipping confirmation, they are back in stock
    I got a shipping confirmation for my Targus Truss as well, YAY!
    yep same here. UPS is delivering to my door Monday.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thanks for the review OP. Ordered on Wednesday and looks like fedex is delivering today. Hope I like this alot better then the HP case. While I didnt have the HP one, I was not that impressed either. Cant really beat a real leather case at $21 and change delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Nice. Thanks for all the pics. That said, that Targus case appears to obscure the "bottom" bezel in the pictured orientation...and thus, would interfere with the card minimizing gesture. That would pretty much kill it for me.
    Well got mine today and it works just fine. It doesn't obscure the bottom completely, you still have just enough of the bottom bezel.. good enough for the swipe action.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Just got mine today. I'm liking it so far. It seems to hold the tp securely. It does cover the volume key a little. There is enough room on the bezel to swipe. It's a little heavy and bulky. I like it better than the HP case
    I want to start off by saying very nice write up and pictures. I also just received the targus truss case from the backorder from HP. I really like the leather case vs the HP case (also own), but I haven't actually got it to charge yet in the touchstone no matter what orientation I put it in. I know the first picture says it has to be placed in the touchstone that way, but I just can't get it to work as the back of the case pushes off from the touchstone. Even if I press the case with touchpad against the touchstone flush it still does not charge and I've been charging the touchstone with the HP case for weeks now, just changed over yesterday. I really do enjoy this case, but if I can't get it to charge in the touchstone that may kill it for me, and it's not that I'm lazy and can't just plug it in, but I use it as an alarm clock and like it charging while it sits on my nightstand. Any ideas from anyone... I've searched this topic to see if anyone has actually got it to charge and only found one review from the targus page saying it works with the touchstone. TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjnb420 View Post
    I want to start off by saying very nice write up and pictures. I also just received the targus truss case from the backorder from HP. I really like the leather case vs the HP case (also own), but I haven't actually got it to charge yet in the touchstone no matter what orientation I put it in. I know the first picture says it has to be placed in the touchstone that way, but I just can't get it to work as the back of the case pushes off from the touchstone. Even if I press the case with touchpad against the touchstone flush it still does not charge and I've been charging the touchstone with the HP case for weeks now, just changed over yesterday. I really do enjoy this case, but if I can't get it to charge in the touchstone that may kill it for me, and it's not that I'm lazy and can't just plug it in, but I use it as an alarm clock and like it charging while it sits on my nightstand. Any ideas from anyone... I've searched this topic to see if anyone has actually got it to charge and only found one review from the targus page saying it works with the touchstone. TIA.
    im also having the same issue with trying to charge on the touchstone with the targus case on, tried every angle but still cant get it to charge, and tips that can make it work would be much appreciated, and great review
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by eq0120 View Post
    im also having the same issue with trying to charge on the touchstone with the targus case on, tried every angle but still cant get it to charge, and tips that can make it work would be much appreciated, and great review
    I can get mine to charge but it's pretty finicky. If it's it's just slightly set incorrectly it will go into a weird endless loop of charging and uncharging.

After owning both cases for a few weeks, I'm using the HP case almost exclusively.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by jjnb420 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eq0120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    I can get mine to charge but it's pretty finicky. If it's it's just slightly set incorrectly it will go into a weird endless loop of charging and uncharging.

After owning both cases for a few weeks, I'm using the HP case almost exclusively.
    the pics the OP posted are slightly incorrect. In fact I am not sure how he got it to charge in that manner as mine will not. I am the one taht originally posted about this case and can tell you it will charge in landscape and portrait modes.

First close the case like you are going to take it with you, then set it on the touchstone with the case closed. (basically to where if in landscape and not held together with the strap the slotted side would lay on the table). It can be a bit wierd on charging sometimes, but I have not had much trouble. I won two now for me and the wife so I can definitely vouch for this case. But again, the posted pics are incorrect.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    The HP Folio case has TWO positions when the cover is folded back: there is the position shown in your photo, and there is another position when you fold it back. The second position puts the touchpad at a 30-40 degree angle, more comfortable for typing...

See here: http://www.letstalktablets.com/wp-co...m-fit-case.jpg
    Last edited by UCLAKoolman; 09/20/2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Thanks again OP for the nice review. Got the Targus case on Friday and really like it so far. Alot better then the HP case. Looks and feels alot better. Much more protection. Only thing I liked about the HP case was the position it can make as shown in the pic above my post
    Got my truss in and like it quite well. The leather "latches" or whatever they're called that fit over the top corners don't seem to fit very well on mine. They hold it mind you but seem stretched out of shape in doing so. Maybe they'll "break in" after a while. It's more cosmetic than a real issue I think.
    Got my case today, liking it very much. Way better protection vs the HP case. Also sits on the Touchstone very nicely. Charges w/o issue!!
    I love the Truss case except for one thing. The little holder flap covers the light detector so the screen contrast is always adjusted very low. (I don't have a Touchstone, so I don't have any of those issues.)

How has everyone else dealt with this? I only see two options: 1. Turn off the auto-dim option or 2. modify the case. So far, I've gone with #1.
    I've had auto-dim disabled since day 1 of my Touchpad (early adopter). It seemed too buggy and just became an annoyance. Haven't missed it one day since it's been disabled!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    the pics the OP posted are slightly incorrect. In fact I am not sure how he got it to charge in that manner as mine will not. I am the one taht originally posted about this case and can tell you it will charge in landscape and portrait modes.

First close the case like you are going to take it with you, then set it on the touchstone with the case closed. (basically to where if in landscape and not held together with the strap the slotted side would lay on the table). It can be a bit wierd on charging sometimes, but I have not had much trouble. I won two now for me and the wife so I can definitely vouch for this case. But again, the posted pics are incorrect.
    I'm sorry to be such a bother, but even with your instructions I can not seem to get this to work correctly. I was very excited to put the case on last night and try what you wrote, but could not successfully get it to charge. I believe I understand the description. When you say slotted side, are you referring to the side with all the different positioning areas? I have that side resting on my table, while the tablet rests in the holding side, the side with extra padding behind it. This is why I can not get it to charge this way, because the extra padding behind the case makes it too thick. When I look at the positioning of the case and touchpad relative to the touchstone they are not making a flush connection, and even if I force them by pushing it flush, it still does not charge. If I'm still doing this wrong, can you please try explaining it once more differently or post a picture. I feel so dumb, but really want this case to work, so I don't have to get another and possibly get rid of this one.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Just bought the Truss case off Ebay ($23 shipped).

Good deal?

I like the HP Folio case, but I HATE how after a month it has a ton of fingerprint marks that are almost impossible to clean/scrub off.

Plus the fact that the flap opens up...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast